RC CHARITY AUCTION

LoriDarlin

I have some bad news to share with you all. Not sure who all has heard what is going on with our caching friend River Cacher aka Mike Davis but he has been recently diagnosed with Stage 3 Lung Cancer. He was admitted into the hospital this past weekend for many tests and got started on radiation.

Mike just got released from the hospital and is in the process of moving into a motel right by the hospital for treatments 5 days a week while he fights the cancer. His chemo will start immediately after getting one more scan done this coming week. The plan is to use both chemo and radiation at the same time to reduce the large tumor that has developed. Once it has shrunk the doctors will remove it surgically. He has a tough road ahead of him but is starting out with a good strong fighting attitude. We ask that you keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers to help him and them fight this.

There is a small group of people circling together to find ways to help Mike and his family out at this time of need. We have many ideas and wanted to share a few of them in this post.

We have started a few charity auctions on ebay for Mike's behalf and will continue to post them as time goes by in this thread. If you have the inclination and desire to help please bid them up. The first few ones will be donated by some of our inner circle and if anyone else would like to send coins to us in his behalf they are welcome. Actually what would help even more is if you did your own ebay auction and then sent the proceeds to Mike directly when its done...that would be great. However, we realize that not everyone has an ebay or paypal account to list their own coins so we can help you :) Again all will be posted here.

Here are the first two listed & I will post more as more comes in:

BIRKA GOLD GEOCOIN

NEPTUNE COMPASS DEEP SEA GEOCOIN

Additionally, we have decided to start a holiday basket for Mike's girls for (River Princess, River Tinkerbell, River Dancer). If you want to send something to them in time for Christmas that would be much appreciated since this will be a hard Christmas for them not being able to stay at their normal home and in a motel near the hospital instead.

Please send your gifts to my address (email me if you need it) and I will gather all the gifts until a time frame right before Christmas when the others in our small group can accompany me to go visit with Mike and his girls and share the gift of Christmas and friendship.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP....in any type of form be it prayers, good wishes, buying an auction, selling your own....everything will help our friend in his time of need.

sending email

im not sure if my questions should be asked on the forum.

my father was diagnose with stage 3 lung cancer a few months ago he also went thru the same process. it is a very hard thing to watch and try to help them through. but then a couple of weeks ago it came back. so that being said i really fill for the little ones and will do what we can to help

thanks

michael

So sorry to hear that Mike is going through this illness, I will keep him and his girls in my thoughts. I have never met River Cacher but I got to know him while I was putting together his Birthday Mission package earlier this year.

Please send me the girls ages, likes, and interests. I will also need your mailing address.

~Karen

Please know that LoriDarlin did ask first about posting this, and let me know that River Cacher does want you to know, so that he can get the largest group of people sending good thoughts, and prayers, his way. The power of positive thinking is a very good thing. LoriDarlin and I worked it out in a way that this could be posted, and still be within the guidelines for this forum.

River Cacher, you have a great community here, wishing you the best treatment, a speedy recovery, and good health again. Keep up the positive thinking, and my good thoughts are with your family at this time, as well.

Eartha

Groundspeak Volunteer

Here is the girls info:

Sarah, age 20 - breast cancer awareness stuff, dancing, girly stuff (perfume, lotion, etc.), geocoins

Rachell, age 8 - tinker bell things, fairy things, pet shop toys, crafts, geocoins

Shyann, age 7 - princess things, pet shop toys, crafts, geocoins

Putting names on them would make it easier...great idea :)

Will be getting back with a few of you too. thanks!

Thanks to all for your responses thus far :) You guys rock!

ps Thanks to the GOOD LUCK AND PROTECTION mystery person....I just talked with Mike on the phone who said he got one!!! He was all happy! That is a coin he needs for sure!! whoohoo!!!

Was going to post something else but need to check it out first so I'm editing this for now :P

Edited by LoriDarlin

Thank you everyone for the kind words, thoughts, prayers and help.

I had been dealing with other medical issues over the last few years but this was so unexpected as one year ago my lungs and chest where clear.

I had smoked some over a year ago but i did ceramic tile for over 30 years and i do not have a answer yet as what caused this.

I am only 44 years old so i have alot of fight left in me to kick this battle.

The hard thing now for me is my treatments are five days a week and it is over 60 miles from home and the kids school.

The doctors are making me stay at a motel next to the hospital and i do have a lap top and printer so i was able to get caught up on a few orders that needed shipped.

Some family has stepped up to help out with the kids but i have a five month plan of treatments here so i may have to move closer so the kids will be able to stay with me and my 20 year old daughter will be moving in to help out.

It looks like i will stop buying coins and sell off ones i have to help out with moving but this may take awhile.

I am still hanging on to some of my special ones but i will be letting go of a lot.

The biggest thing i can use from everyone is Prayers and Positive thoughts to make this easier on me and my kids.

My doctor does know about Geocaching and he thinks it is a wonderful thing for me even during the winter because i will need excersize and stores or gyms are to full of germs.

Thanks again everyone for helping us through this.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, thoughts, prayers and help.

I had been dealing with other medical issues over the last few years but this was so unexpected as one year ago my lungs and chest where clear.

I had smoked some over a year ago but i did ceramic tile for over 30 years and i do not have a answer yet as what caused this.

I am only 44 years old so i have alot of fight left in me to kick this battle.

The hard thing now for me is my treatments are five days a week and it is over 60 miles from home and the kids school.

The doctors are making me stay at a motel next to the hospital and i do have a lap top and printer so i was able to get caught up on a few orders that needed shipped.

Some family has stepped up to help out with the kids but i have a five month plan of treatments here so i may have to move closer so the kids will be able to stay with me and my 20 year old daughter will be moving in to help out.

It looks like i will stop buying coins and sell off ones i have to help out with moving but this may take awhile.

I am still hanging on to some of my special ones but i will be letting go of a lot.

The biggest thing i can use from everyone is Prayers and Positive thoughts to make this easier on me and my kids.

My doctor does know about Geocaching and he thinks it is a wonderful thing for me even during the winter because i will need excersize and stores or gyms are to full of germs.

Thanks again everyone for helping us through this.

Hang tough and just know we're all rooting for you :D

Awwww.....man, Mike, that sucks...

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Stay strong and know that our prayers are coming your way.

I have bought a number of coins and the mystery packages off of Mike on eBay and it was always fun to find the extra stuff he threw in there. Had nice exchanges of emails too. Would love to meet you and your kids someday.

12-16-09 Update on Mike. He got his PET scan done today and they did NOT find cancer anywhere else so this is good. He got a port installed in his chest today. ack. BUT it will help him for chemo, shots, etc and they won't have to poke him everytime. TOMORROW he starts chemo. Please keep praying.

ps Remember to check out the auctions for the 3 newest trackable coins too (see 2 posts above).

Thanks

We have three new auctions up and running :laughing:

HOODOO UTE 2009 GEOCOIN *RC CHARITY AUCTION*

OCEANIA TURTLE TSUN VER. GEOCOIN *RC CHARITY AUCTION*

SquareD22 GEOQUAHOG GEOCOIN *RC CHARITY AUCTION*

Good luck to all and thank you to the donator for these coins :surprise:

The last two did pretty good.....thanks to those that bought them :anicute:

Looks like these are some popular coins on eBay...

LoriDarlin. I have a Crystal Compass Rose trackable geocoin that I will start an auction for to go to this family. If I collect the payment for it via PayPal and then say maybe send you the payment via PayPal that is going to get charged PayPal fees twice which takes money away from this family we are trying to help. Can I list the auction on eBay and advise the winning bidder to not pay me, but to pay you instead via PayPal so that way we can avoid PayPal double dipping and taking away from the family? You can either reply in this thread or via E-Mail through my profile page. Sorry PMs drive me crazy so please only reply here or via E-Mail. Thank you!

Also, would you prefer I put the auction announcement here in this thread or under a separate thread? It makes no difference to me so I can do whatever you feel is best.

River Cacher. We've never communicated, but I have had a father with the same diagnosis. You can rest assured that I will not only keep you in my thoughts and prayers, but also for your family since it will impact them too. Try and stay positive as much as possible and take care of yourself. :laughing:

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

A gold Kathy's Coin has also been added to the auctions...I await LoriDarlin's response on how to add a link onto her post...as mentioned on the auction it was my intention not to sell or auction any of these coins, but I think Kathy would be pleased.

SANY0095-1.jpg

ILYK

Thank you Dr. Neal :surprise: Here is a link to your auction and thank you for posting one!!

Kathy's Coin - LE Gold Geocoin *RC Charity Auction*

edit to say: I think Kathy would be very pleased too :laughing: Thanks again! and thank you for adding the *RC CHARITY AUCTION* to it :anicute:

Edited by LoriDarlin

SILENT RIVER CACHER CHARITY AUCTIONS

If you do not have an ebay account or paypal account and want to host a silent auction, you may do it here IN THIS THREAD if you follow a few rules:

* Post RC silent auctions in THIS thread (so we can keep all them together/easier to track).

* Only TRACKABLE coins are allowed.

* Keep all communication between buyer and seller private (emails or pms). So post your coin and then the rest of it is done away from this thread.

* You can then send River Cacher the funds direct to his paypal or to mine in care of him.

PagenFrog - I suspect your auction might even get merged into this thread because I did seek permission from Eartha for this subject after talking with you, I just hadn't had a chance to post it yet. I was even debating about changing my mind in posting it wondering if we really needed to go this route with our other options out there....but it seems to be a hit so far so this is cool.

Michigan Cacheman....about collecting fees on paypal....if you are going to invoice thru paypal then you need to be the one to ship it. When people pay you the buyer, then you are able to make the label from your account and you are the one responsible for shipping it and all. If you had them pay me instead of you (to bypass fees) then I'd have to make a label and ship it and of course i don't have the coin so I can't ship it and am not interested in doing that. My best advice is for you to seek the payment yourself and ship it off and then just send me the money as payment owed (personal) and it will not charge me or you anything. it is a new option available that maybe you haven't seen. People pay bills this way now.

FYI about collecting money....Any coin that I sell for others or that others sell on their own and send me cache ooops cash for....is going into a spreadsheet for Mike and I both to keep track. I will be sending the paypal funds to my bank account and then caching it out and giving Mike that cash to use as he needs. I think he likes this option best. Its just easier for him and less stress.

If anyone decides/wants to send Mike cash direct to his paypal, that is fine but please let me know so I can keep track of it on the spreadsheet for him. If he's having a bad week or something it might not get noticed and not get put on the SS.

Thanks again everyone....you all ROCK!!

ps Mike made it thru his chemo with a story today....but he's doing great!

Edited by LoriDarlin

thankyou lori. my problem is that im across the water from you so being this close to xmas if i had mailed the coin to you it would have got caught up in the xmas mail and possibly lost, thats why i was reluctant to mail i t to you. i dont use ebay to sell, they arent exactly user friendly, so i decided to promote an independent auction on here and to cut me out as the pointless payment middleman will tell the winner to sort out the payment right with you.

so far so good, the auction seems to be doing well.

If I have a special version of a coin that can't be sold here :D and don't have an ebay acct, can I mail it to you?

When are you planning on sending the gifts to his daughters? I want to mail something but probably won't have an opportunity to go to the post office until Monday

If anyone decides/wants to send Mike cash direct to his paypal, that is fine but please let me know so I can keep track of it on the spreadsheet for him. If he's having a bad week or something it might not get noticed and not get put on the SS.

What's his paypal address?

ps Mike made it thru his chemo with a story today....but he's doing great!

That's good news :D

i hear thizzzzz news just yesterday evening and i`m a little in shock........

the only thing i can think is NOT MIKE..............

i`m so so so sorry to hear thizzzzzzz ...........

i`m just speachlezzzzzzz don`t know so good what to say........

i look around and i go down town today but i`m a little in doubt about the sending.........

it`s the bussy time of the year and i life across the big ocean ..........

i don`t want that it go lost so i think it`s better if i send after X~mas is that oke????????