Need a Beta Tester for a Puzzle

JohnE5

I'm about to publist a new letterbox/hybrid and would like some one to take a shot at solving the puzzle. It can be done from anywhere. Just looking for some one to get within 30 feet of the actual coordinates.

The puzzle could be attacked from several methods. I have rated it at 4.5 stars.

Email or PM me if interested.

Well, I have failed you.

What's more I shared this with my local geocachers on our AGA forum, wherein we have some pretty accomplished puzzle cachers, and they can't find have not yet found the coordinates either!

Given the clue that was mentioned earlier I found how to determine the known points and radii to find the intersection, but how to determine the coordinates of that intersection is as yet unknown, and my offer to dedicate 2 hours to solving it has long expired!

My guess is that Google Maps can help with this, but that's a learning curve that shouldn't be asked of the everyday geocacher (or at least one that I am unwilling to pursue) just to solve a puzzle.

This was seen in my little test group as either a very good puzzle or a very poor one, and knowing the clue seems to be the determining factor! :laughing:

On the other hand some didn't need the clue and saw what to do right away. Go figure.

Anyhoo, at this point we've figured out the method but haven't determined the coords, so your puzzle has prevailed!

Edit to Update:Pallet2005 has come up with a set of coordinates which I have sent you via PM, please let us know if they are correct... or even close, as he was in a hurry to get somewhere and just took a quick shot at it. If they are close that at least proves the method and we'll just have to work on accuracy.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I finished it in maybe ... 20 minutes?

But it might not have been completely fair since I remember a question the OP asked a few days ago here on the forums.

20 minutes? Really? Did you verify with John that the coords that you derived were close enough to find the cache?

Cause we're still working on it!

We're thinking 4 or 4.5 Difficulty, 3 if they have the clue, and you're saying you solved it in 20 minutes?

Man do I feel dumb! Would you please share how you did it with me at TheAlabamaRambler@gmail.com ?

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

But it might not have been completely fair since I remember a question the OP asked a few days ago here on the forums.

20 minutes? Really? Did you verify with John that the coords that you derived were close enough to find the cache?

We're thinking 4 or 4.5 Difficulty, 3 if they have the clue, and you're saying you solved it in 20 minutes?

Man do I feel dumb! Would you please share how you did it with me at TheAlabamaRambler@gmail.com ?

He did verify it with me. I also would like to know the method.

He did verify it with me. I also would like to know the method.

Yeah, I verified the coordinates with JohnE5. I was exactly 10 feet off.

I'll share the method with both of you. Gimme a few minutes and I'll type something up.

Yeah, I verified the coordinates with JohnE5. I was exactly 10 feet off.

I'll share the method with both of you. Gimme a few minutes and I'll type something up.

Got it!

Interestingly you chose about the same method as Pallet2005, the only tester in my group who got it, and about as close as you did, in about the same 20-minute time frame once he knew what the numbers meant.

I will post his method to the Wave.

You guys rock, I would never have A) figured it out or C) had the patience to enjoy it!