CoinsAndPins.com activation code retrieval

nericksx

Wow I'm glad I stayed out of this thread as long as I did :lol:

I've been a customer of theirs for a long time. I've worked with them as a presale designer, free-lance artist, presale customer and have gone from art to coins more times than I can think off the top of my head with them; all said totalling untold amounts of money.

Then their site went down. Then it was still down. Then I thought about piping in here about having been a web developer. Then their site was still down. Then I started getting tons of emails from customers about tracking codes... and their website is still down.

And guess what? I received a giant coin order of which the quality astounds me. I still have art in process for them. I just ordered some samples from them. I have sketches being drawn into digital format to be sent and processed by them. I'm paying my invoices and I'm receiving products and services still better than most face to face business I've experienced.

Yea, I agree with the obvious - it seems there is more going on than is said. But it's their business (in more ways than one).

When they don't fulfill a promise as a seller, then feel free to complain.

There, back to my lurking ways.

I just had to add my recent experience to the list here. I just recently purchased 2 geocoins from coinsandpins and received them in about a week. I had not read this thread before I tried to activate, so yes, I did panic a little when I went to their website. I did follow the instructions and emailed late last night for the activation codes. This morning, there was an email in my inbox with the necessary codes.

So kudos to them, the whole transaction went smoothly. I would only advise that they change their home page, given it's been several months apparently, with a more streamlined message that reads something to the effect of: "To activate your coin, please email us at ..." "Older coins can be activated at ..."

Just so that the appearance seems less worrying, and that emailing is actually the standard practice.

I would buy from them again, they've been quick and responsive.

Hhmmm... other people seem to be getting a response when sending an email asking about activation codes, such as in this post, having a reply the next morning. I sent my second email about needing an activation code the evening of Feb 11th and haven't gotten a reply yet. So over the past week and a half, I've sent two emails to the owner through the gc profile, hoping to resolve my issue of not being able to get an activation code, and my emails are going unanswered. It seems that other people are getting responses. (I would have given longer than only a day and a half to post this complaint here, but it seems that many people are talking about getting replies within minutes or overnight, and my FIRST email was sent over a week ago, so I think there's been plenty of leeway given to get a reply.)

Anyone have any ideas of what else I can try? I'm not having trouble with getting other email replies to questions sent through gc.com so I don't think it's an email/spam filter problem of any sort, but it is discouraging to read of other people having success and I'm not getting the same courtesy of prompt replies.

DoctorA, did you try the email address on their website? It appears that others have used the email address and followed the directions on their temporary website and have received codes within a day or so.

I had originally tried that once and got no reply a couple of weeks ago and then after reading this thread, went through the gc.com profile page and sent the two messages that way. I'll go back to their site and try that email again and at least give it a second try since I on;y tried it once. Thanks!

Doctor A...If you would like send me the tracking numbers and I will get you the activation codes. We are a distributor for Coins and Pins and we always get a response within 24 hours usually within a couple of hours. You can send them to scga01@gmail.com attn: Dale. I will make sure you get your codes and email them back to you.

Doctor A...If you would like send me the tracking numbers and I will get you the activation codes. We are a distributor for Coins and Pins and we always get a response within 24 hours usually within a couple of hours. You can send them to scga01@gmail.com attn: Dale. I will make sure you get your codes and email them back to you.

thanks to "Dale n Barb" for retrieving the activation codes for my 2.125 inch tengwars. i appreciate the help. ;)

You are both more than welcome. FYI, Coins and Pins is hoping to be back up and running within a week. I spoke with them today and they are adding some finishing touches right now. If anyone else needs activation codes in the mean time feel free to contact me and I will get your activation codes for you. I know the frustration of retrieving codes. We have over 250 different coins in stock from several different companies and trying to keep up with all the different locations to send our customers to for codes gets crazy at times.

Any word on them getting the site up and running?

I called today about an order and had no luck getting through.

A quote from Aaron on the 12th " we are getting ready to get the website back up, hopefully, by the end of next week". So hopefully just a few more days. In the mean while you can email him through his Profile . I know he is very anxious to get everything back up and going.

If there is anything any of us distributors can do, let us know. I know Dale & Barb are on here a little more and can help you out also.

Any word on them getting the site up and running?

I called today about an order and had no luck getting through.

A quote from Aaron on the 12th " we are getting ready to get the website back up, hopefully, by the end of next week". So hopefully just a few more days. In the mean while you can email him through his Profile . I know he is very anxious to get everything back up and going.

If there is anything any of us distributors can do, let us know. I know Dale & Barb are on here a little more and can help you out also.

Just awkward timing. Our BSA council here in Utah started selling the coins last Friday. They turned out fantastic (thanks guys). The downside is about 1/2 of them are being bought by non cachers. So it is hard to explain the server down, and how they work. We made some fliers to explain how they work, but they are not much help yet. Here is the fantastic job..

Two thumbs up on their work and quality. I loved the copper one so i threw that pic in.

4358179538_df5444410a_m.jpg

Is coin seller Coins And Pins gone for good? Their web page has not changed since December and there is no contact info there.

I tried to do a search here on the forums but the search feature is WORTHLESS since you have to have ALL words more than 5 letters.

Thanks BlueDeuce.

Too bad I was looking to order some coins not activate.

There are plenty of vendours who keep their shelves stocked. Check the pinned thread at the top of the forum or go to the Geocoin Home page under Trackable Items for a list of approved vendours and manufacturers.

I just spoke with them today. We are a distributor for them and have helped many with getting activation codes. Status today is they are hoping to be back up by next weekend. I have learned to just wait until I see it before I believe it. I can assure you they are still around and will be around for a long time to come. They are still supplying their distributors with coins and assisting them with activation codes. If anyone is looking for any of their coins all you have to do is go to their web site and they have all the information you need there. There are links to distributors, links for getting activation codes and information that they are working on the site and will be back up soon. Hofy67, check the site again. Not sure what you looked at but information is there. We have most all of their coins in stock.

Status today is they are hoping to be back up by next weekend. I have learned to just wait until I see it before I believe it.

Hofy67, check the site again. Not sure what you looked at but information is there. We have most all of their coins in stock.

Thanks for the reply. I do hope they get a web site up again soon.

I looked at the website again and still see no contact info. OK I must need my eyes checked. found it. :blink: As for the list of sellers and distributors, most are non-US. The ones that are, including your own, do not have the 2 coins/tags I want. Pirate travel tag and gold ingot. I did find one seller with the ingot, but I am not paying $6.99 for the same item coins and pins sells for $3.69

Edited by hofy67

I am going to be placing another order with them and I usually get my orders within a couple of days. If you want I will email you when I get the ingots in stock.

Your Sanibel Lighthouse geocoins are what I'm wanting to buy from them. I went there on vacation the summer before I started geocaching. Hopefully I can make it back there sometime soon.

I am going to be placing another order with them and I usually get my orders within a couple of days. If you want I will email you when I get the ingots in stock.

Your Sanibel Lighthouse geocoins are what I'm wanting to buy from them. I went there on vacation the summer before I started geocaching. Hopefully I can make it back there sometime soon.

Contact me with what version of the Sanibel Lighthouse coins you want. We still have some left. They are really a nice coin and we absolutely love Sanibel Island. We were married there just over 10 years ago. We try to go back as often as we can since it is only a 4 hour drive for us.

Sendt mails to three different e-mails i find in this tread.

No respons and no codes for the 2 cents traveling coin.

If someone really can help. Contact me.

:):blink::):smile::smile::smile::smile:

And i have tried coincodes.com and sendt mail to customerspt@coinsandpins.com No luck/ no answer.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.coincodes.com/activations/twoce...ts-multiple.php

It may not be there if the activation code was generated late last year. But please see if it gives it to you there. If not, please contact me through my Geocaching.com profile with the tracking number and I will contact Coins and Pins and see about getting you an activation code.

Not real sure where you are getting your information but Coinsandpins is still coinsandpins.com. They are hoping to have the site back up this week (I know they have been saying that for a while now) but they really are. They are not out of the coin making business. We are expecting our coin in a few weeks that they are making for us. Please verify your information before starting rumors. I just spoke with the owners and they are in fact hoping to be back up in the next couple of days. That is their new hosting company not the name of their company.

Edited by Dale n Barb

Does anyone know if they email the activation codes on the weekends?

I am new and didn't realize that C&Ps were down. The travel racer tag isn't listed on the coincodes website. Today I got the hitchhikers and made the do not keep tags for my kids so that we could place them over the weekend. I didn't realize that I would have to email to get the codes and I told the kids what I was up to with the tags. Its is disappointing enough when we have to log a DNF (my kids are fairly young) so I don't want them to be disappointed with this too.

Does anyone know if they email the activation codes on the weekends?

Okay, apparently they do email on the weekend. I just received the email with the codes. All set to go out this weekend for our first trackables. Yippee! Just thought I would post this in case someone else had the same question as myself.

While their new site is not yet functional I was greeted with another new web page today! :)

Yes, the site is not yet fully functioning, but that's the new "look". CoinsAndPins has a new hosting company, and they are working to customize (read: FIX!) much of the previous hosting company's shotty coding.

The site will run slow as they continue to work on it. It will also taken down from time to time, so look for an official announcement when the site is permanently up.

In the meantime, you are now able to get Activation Codes!

In the meantime, you are now able to get Activation Codes!

Nope I just tried several times and all it gives me is "Please try again" :)

Eventually it will be ok but I wanted to include it in a trade.....

Hrm. Just worked for me a moment ago. With the site being up and down, there might still be times when it's not functional.

Just as an FYI, there's currently no way that I can find to move to the next page (eg: beyond page one) under any of the in stock geocoins. Just wanted to mention it in case I either missed the navigation or someone was unaware.

I had the same problem, but figured I had spent enough on the first page. :unsure:

Many of the links are working. They had to put the page live so they could work out some of the issues. Those of us that keep checking find it to not be working right now but they are behind the scenes trying to get it all fixed. It should not be much longer now. At leasts everyone can see they are finally making progress on coming back live and they can get activation codes now. The new site looks pretty nice from what I can see so far. It will be good to have them back. Then our new coin can be shown to the world!!

I just received the second of two orders I recently placed. As always, the coins came out beautiful. I've ordered multiple times in the past with fine results as well. Once the site is up we have a LA state coin coming up in pre-sale. There are still issues with activation codes but I'm sure its due to site issues and will be resolved soon.

You can't beat doing business with Tess and Aaron.