Anyone got a Geomate.jr

Sysagent

Hello UK Geomate Users,

Anyone using this device in the United Kingdom to good effect, if so can you tell me if it lists all the UK Geocaches (apart from Premium, multi, etc caches) that are on the Geocaching Website please?

And also if you are where did you order it from?

Seriously considering purchasing this unit.

Many thanks in advance for opinions / replies etc!

Hello UK Geomate Users,

Anyone using this device in the United Kingdom to good effect, if so can you tell me if it lists all the UK Geocaches (apart from Premium, multi, etc caches) that are on the Geocaching Website please?

And also if you are where did you order it from?

Seriously considering purchasing this unit.

Many thanks in advance for opinions / replies etc!

Hi,

I have had a quick look on the website and it seems based on the US covering over 50 states. Also new caches are added daily and also some are sadly lost each day so it will only be up to date on the day it was programmed. :D

Why not look at a basic etrex and then download the ones in your local area which would be up to date and also close to home?

Just my ten pennies worth.

Yorkie30 ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies appreciated.

I was going to buy one for my daughter for Christmas with the update kit, I was just not so sure if the update kit included the UK Geocaches or not hence asking for anyones experiences if they had managed to import one.

And do you mean the very very basic Garmin Etrex GPS unit?

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the replies appreciated.

I was going to buy one for my daughter for Christmas with the update kit, I was just not so sure if the update kit included the UK Geocaches or not hence asking for anyones experiences if they had managed to import one.

And do you mean the very very basic Garmin Etrex GPS unit?

Cheers

G'day Sysagent

First, just so you know, I work for the company that makes the Geomate.jr. But I thought I would jump in here and answer your question. Does the Geomate.jr support caches in the UK? Absolutely. In fact, with the Update Kit, you can load caches for all of the UK and all of Europe all at once. All you have to do is select the European list and click the Update button. Here's a pic showing the coverage and what the interface looks like:

europecoverage.jpg

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Waz

Does the Geomate.jr support caches in the UK? Absolutely. In fact, with the Update Kit, you can load caches for all of the UK and all of Europe all at once. All you have to do is select the European list and click the Update button.

Ye Gods! How many caches is that? It must be tens of thousands. Sure as hell beats people trying to use PQ's to keep an offline database up to date :laughing:

Does the Geomate.jr support caches in the UK? Absolutely. In fact, with the Update Kit, you can load caches for all of the UK and all of Europe all at once. All you have to do is select the European list and click the Update button.

Ye Gods! How many caches is that? It must be tens of thousands. Sure as hell beats people trying to use PQ's to keep an offline database up to date :laughing:

The geomate is set up to load caches that are more likely to be kid friendly, so no high terrain ratings or tricky puzzles are included.

Even then though, your right, it's a lot of caches.