What does 'JetSki' mean?

jaytango

Jetski...

worlds-fastest-jet-ski-water-race-racing-girl.jpg

That's a PWC (Personal Watercraft).

This is a jet ski:

kawasakijetski800sxr200.jpg

A jetski (used in the generic manner), has handlebars that can raise up so the rider can stand (hence the "ski"). PWCs have fixed handle bars, and a hull that is more like a conventional boat. Technically, all jet skis are PWCs, but not all PWCs are jet skis.

Well, tomAto tomato ;)

Around here all personal watercraft are usually referred to as JetSki's.. I am sure Kawasaki is flattered by how generic the term has become. Kinda like how "all photocopiers" are Xerox machines regardless of brand? lol

My personal beef is when I hear many people refer to any small SUV as a "Jeep" Ooooo that makes me (a former TRUE Jeep owner) mad! :D

Well, tomAto tomato ;)

Around here all personal watercraft are usually referred to as JetSki's.. I am sure Kawasaki is flattered by how generic the term has become. Kinda like how "all photocopiers" are Xerox machines regardless of brand? lol

My personal beef is when I hear many people refer to any small SUV as a "Jeep" Ooooo that makes me (a former TRUE Jeep owner) mad! :D

I once made the mistake of referring to the round plastic object sticking of someones backpack as a Frisbee and was told in the most condescending tone imaginable, "It's not a Frisbee, it's a flying disc".

I know. Sad isn't it? Anyone got a Kleenex?

Well, tomAto tomato ;)

I once made the mistake of referring to the round plastic object sticking of someones backpack as a Frisbee and was told in the most condescending tone imaginable, "It's not a Frisbee, it's a flying disc".

i hope you had a good reply to that foolishness.

Well, tomAto tomato ;)

No Kleenex here, but I have plenty of Band Aids if your feelings are really hurt.

I recall reading about a variety show host who introduced a commercial break something like this: "And now a word from our sponsor: Scott Tissues, the best Kleenex money can buy."

Many years ago, I had a civil service job on an army base. A coworker kept trying to get a pair of scissors from the supply clerk. The clerk said he had no scissors. Finally, my coworker spotted another coworker with a pair of scissors, and discovered the secret. He asked the supply clerk for a pair of "office shears", and was handed a pair of scissors.

From the cacher JetSkier - locally famous for going straight to the endpoint of multis and puzzles. A close reader of logs, and knows his local hiders and area well.

Last time I jetskied a cache, it was on his home turf. Nothing fancy about that one, no careful reading of logs. Just stumbled on the final cache while mis-reading the gps!

2004 log on a multi-puzzle cache

"When we picked Jetskier up in Winterpark, he had worked out a mathematical equation based on the various components of the cache and cache logs and had plotted a line on his GPS map where the cache would likely be along. We parked nearby, walked in, and Jetskier proceeded to work his magic.

Despite the fact that his efforts are almost certainly as difficult as following the instructions for the cache, it is still fun to watch him work. Everyone has a skill -- and Jetskier's is clearly the ability to reverse engineer multicaches based on mathematical expressions and geographic clues."

Edited by Isonzo Karst