Who are the new EarthCache Reviewers?

Cav Scout

Why is it important to me? Because I have a interest with EarthCaches.

This is intended to be a question of curiosity, not intended to put you on the defense ;) . A new EC was published yesterday in Kentucky and it was not by geoaware(?).

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...3f-e0e16e1bfc6f

I would like to know who they are (geocaching handle) (not real names or addresses), is this regional?, experience, etc.

If Im going to continue submitting ECs I would like to know who I will be working with thats all ;) .

Why is this important to you?

Since Groundspeak NEVER releases that information about the Volunteer Geocache Reviewers, what makes you think that it would be released for the Earthcache Reviewer(s)? :D

Edited by Cav Scout

Please forgive my impertinence :D

I guess from my perspective the consistent application of the Guidelines is more important than who the Reviewer is.

But since you have a Listing with a Reviwer posted on it, I guess you could email them through their Profile and ask them for their c.v. ;)

Best of luck.

Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team ;) ? Are they assigned regions?

Sure, as someone with a little insider info I'll take a stab at it.

Please note that these answers are not necessarily in the order asked: :D

Yes

No

Don't know

Maybe

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Still does'nt answer my question. Thanks for taking a stab.

Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team ;) ? Are they assigned regions?

Sure, as someone with a little insider info I'll take a stab at it.

Please note that these answers are not necessarily in the order asked: :D

Yes

No

Don't know

Maybe

Deane

Edited by Cav Scout

Folks, let me ask you a question. OK, here goes. Why can't someone ask a perfectly reasonable question on this forum before the talons are sharpened and it turns personal? Please don't start another "take your best shot" thread! We have had enough of them lately!

Please go back to the OP's question since there are others who would also like to know. Sure, with time and EC approvals one can see who the reviewers are or at least their reviewing names, but this is new so what's the big deal? :D

We know the new date for EC submittals :P . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :) ? Are they assigned regions?

Well, I can't answer your question in it's entirety, but perhaps the "who" part can be partially answered by a quick search on GS. Beside Geoaware there are: geoawareASIA, geoawareAUS, geoawareCA, geoawareEU, geoawareHQ (the boss?), Geoawareness, geoawareUSA, geoawareUSA1 and geoawareUSA2. Mostly new accounts, new reviewers, I'm not sure? :laughing:

We know the new date for EC submittals :P . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :) ? Are they assigned regions?

Well, I can't answer your question in it's entirety, but perhaps the "who" part can be partially answered by a quick search on GS. Beside Geoaware there are: geoawareASIA, geoawareAUS, geoawareCA, geoawareEU, geoawareHQ (the boss?), Geoawareness, geoawareUSA, geoawareUSA1 and geoawareUSA2. Mostly new accounts, new reviewers, I'm not sure? :laughing:

Very interesting...

I too am interested in hearing 'who' is on the review team. I think that this is the whole point of the thread. Knowing *who* clicks Publish doesn't really matter. I just am interested in knowing what is going on in the background.

We know the new date for EC submittals :laughing: . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :) ? Are they assigned regions?

and geoawareDE :P

Thanks for the info :P . And thank you for keeping on topic :laughing: !

We know the new date for EC submittals :laughing: . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :) ? Are they assigned regions?

and geoawareDE :P

Thanks, I missed one and with a lot of my ancestry coming from Germany, I certainly don't want them left out! :laughing:

We know the new date for EC submittals :blink: . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :laughing: ? Are they assigned regions?
Hi and thanks for the questions.

As the person who chose the people involved, I can tell you who the new reviewers are, et al. As most of you here well know, however, Groundspeak does not answer these questions in order to respect the privacy of the individuals who have generously raised their hands to perform these tasks. Rest assured they are well qualified.

Those of you who have done some sleuthing on your own have certainly found some answers. Keep in mind that it's a transition time for ECs and so the process continues to evolve for everyone's benefit. That is, what you can find right now is not necessarily the end of the story.

Stay tuned. Patiently. :blink:

Hi and thanks for the questions.

As the person who chose the people involved, I can tell you who the new reviewers are, et al. As most of you here well know, however, Groundspeak does not answer these questions in order to respect the privacy of the individuals who have generously raised their hands to perform these tasks. Rest assured they are well qualified.

Those of you who have done some sleuthing on your own have certainly found some answers. Keep in mind that it's a transition time for ECs and so the process continues to evolve for everyone's benefit. That is, what you can find right now is not necessarily the end of the story.

Stay tuned. Patiently. :laughing:

Seems like that's exactly what I said, although maybe not quite as eloquently!

Deane

What I meant was the new EarthCache reviewer names not their actual geocaching name or real time name. I fully respect the privacy rule.

Sorry for the confusion :blink: .

We know the new date for EC submittals :blink: . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :laughing: ? Are they assigned regions?

That's also all I wanted. My little user name search was all the naming needed. As some of us on this forum already have found out knowing the forum identities of some of the posters and their caching names can be a handicap. I don't want to know more. It can either make you sad or furious or both!

Thanks Miss Jenn for the response. :blink:

What I meant was the new EarthCache reviewer names not their actual geocaching name or real time name. I fully respect the privacy rule.

Sorry for the confusion :blink: .

We know the new date for EC submittals :huh: . Can anyone tell us who the new reviewers are, their (EC) experience, and how many are on the team :laughing: ? Are they assigned regions?

Thanks MissJen

I think this is just us EC-ers keeping busy and chatting about the new process while waiting to bombard the new system with EC's once it is up and running :laughing:

I think all GS reviewers that I have had the pleasure to deal with are amazing - so I can't think that the EC/GS reveiewers will be any different - especially as I am sure many will come from our own ranks?

We are just champing at the bit to get new caches registered!

It does appear to be a topic of never ending fascination and I can certainly appreciate the human nature behind the question. Still, it seems like poor form to me to bring it to the Forums. A bit like asking the community how to solve a Puzzle cache, or to put it more in terms of this Subforum, asking for answers to an EC and then photoshopping a picture in order to log an EC. It just doesn't seem like it's in the spirit of the game and the fun of discovery.

No its not....

Which part? The asking for help on the difficult Puzzle caches in my area, or asking for help on the difficult EC's in my area? :)

Thanks for your response in advance ;)

As per general forum etiquette my reply is connected to the OP (Original Post if your not familiar with the term).

I wonder who post 9 refers to BTW ??

So in simple terms (again) ;)

you were replying about earthcache reviewers questions you then mentioned other things completely unrelated to earthcache reviewers. :ph34r:

So

as this is in the earthcache forum and there are two threads about reviewers in the earthcache forum and you respond in both in the earthcache forum , :huh:

its about earthcache reviewers questions not being out of place in this forum just because you dont want to know does not mean others dont, the evidence is there in the form of 2 forum threads

It saddens me to see that apparently your posting privileges have been restricted to "Emoticon Only Mode". I particularly enjoyed KK&M's enlightening comments, and I will certainly be your champion to see that your full posting privileges are restored.

Well I guess if there isn't going to be any substantial contributions being made to this duplicate thread, perhaps one of the Mods can Close it now? :lostsignal:

It saddens me to see that apparently your posting privileges have been restricted to "Emoticon Only Mode". I particularly enjoyed KK&M's enlightening comments, and I will certainly be your champion to see that your full posting privileges are restored.

Well I guess if there isn't going to be any substantial contributions being made to this duplicate thread, perhaps one of the Mods can Close it now? :lostsignal:

What have you got against these people?

Why are you doing this?

I thought the emoticons would shame you a little or at least to bring you to your senses. :)