Thank You

Deceangi

As many will be aware Ewan-Billy Twigger sadly passed away on the 30 May 2009, 3 years after severely injuring himself whilst placing a new cache. Since the accident I have been helping the Scottish Geocaching Community to keep all of Ewans caches active.

Recently Ewans family requested that all of his cache were adopted over. But as they did not have access to his account details, they were unable to action the adoptions themselves.

Groundspeak very kindly agreed to action all of the caches. After discussions between Haggis Hunter, Bryan at Groundspeak and myself, Bryan very kindly agreed as a Special One OFF case to allow the Adoption of Ewans Virtual Caches. Which as the cache type is no longer accepted for listing on Geocaching.com, Virtual caches can no longer be adopted over to new owners.

So I would like to thank Bryan on behalf of the Scottish Geocaching Community and myself for this and for all the help he has provided in arranging for all the cache to be adopted.

And to Miss Jenn and all the other Lackeys who have actioned all of the Adoption Requests.

Due to the fact that the Site is currently in a Development Phase, and as the Database has to be manually edited by one of the Developers. The Adoption of the Virtual caches has not been actioned immediately along with all of Ewan's other caches. But will be actioned independently after the Development Phase has been completed [adoption will hopefully take place some time before Christmas]

Once again a big Thank You to Bryan, Miss Jenn and all the other Lackeys involved.

Ewan's caches will remain as a long lasting memorial to a such a highly respected Geocacher.

Deceangi

I am also extremely pleased to say that even with the obvious workload that Miss Jenn must have at the moment, she has gone out of her way and transferred the virtual caches over.

A huge thank you to Bryan, Miss Jenn, all the other Lackeys involved, Deceangi, FoF and everyone who has volunteered to keep Ewan's caches alive. ;):):)

I have also activated the bookmark list which has all of Ewan's active caches on it, you can view it here.

I echo Sandy's comments above. There are some times when we at Groundspeak cannot help in certain situations. In this case, we could do something and it was our pleasure to be able to help Ewan's family and his obviously supportive community. Deceangi, thank you for shepherding this whole initiative. To the whole community, you guys rock!

Times like this make me proud to be part of the geocaching family.

Adding a 'well done people' to this rare thread of good news: Great to know Ewan's caching spirit will live on through his caches- especially his 'eternal virtual'. I hope someone makes a bookmark list of Billy Twigger caches before they all go their separate ways. My thanks to all who made the adoptions possible and those who'll be taking care of something Ewan gave the community; they're all high on my 'to do' list too.

I hope someone makes a bookmark list of Billy Twigger caches before they all go their separate ways.
It's been done here now, by Haggis Hunter.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Excellent- good work HH. Thanks for that; I'd not spotted it in my quick scan through the topic. I intend to hide a Billy Twigger Memorial Cache when I'm next in Scotland for a remote event. I go up every other year, so look out for something hard to get to in 2011 :)