Delorme PN-40 and GSAK gc symbols

Hello,

I recently purchased a PN-40. I am able to send PQ to it using GSAK, but the symbols (traditional, Multi, Puzzle,etc...) do not show correctly on the unit after the transfer. There is only a default treasure chest icon for all types.

If I transfer using TOPO USA (delorme software) then the icons are correct. I would prefer to use GSAK...does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Thanks

Over in another Groundspeak forum recently I saw a post from one of the Groundspeak gurus and he mentioned vaguely that Geocaching.com had made a recent change to something in PQs. He also said that they had not coordinated the change with some other 3rd party vendors and it was causing some problems with those vendors applications. He said they had changed things back to the old way now so maybe if you reorder the PQ and try again it will work better this time. That's my best guess, but I'm sure others that are much more tech savvy than I can verify if that is possibly the cause of your aggravations or not. :) P.S. He did also mention in the future they'd work more closely with 3rd party vendors before initiating changes that could potentially affect them.

Over in another Groundspeak forum recently I saw a post from one of the Groundspeak gurus and he mentioned vaguely that Geocaching.com had made a recent change to something in PQs. He also said that they had not coordinated the change with some other 3rd party vendors and it was causing some problems with those vendors applications. He said they had changed things back to the old way now so maybe if you reorder the PQ and try again it will work better this time. That's my best guess, but I'm sure others that are much more tech savvy than I can verify if that is possibly the cause of your aggravations or not. :) P.S. He did also mention in the future they'd work more closely with 3rd party vendors before initiating changes that could potentially affect them.

If you CLICK HERE you can see the thread I was referencing above. Just figured I'd better post the link so others could verify if my little theory is correct or not. Hopefully somebody can give you a definite answer. Good luck! :rolleyes:

You probably have GSAK set up to generate symbols by "Status only" only. Change this to "Cache type only". This caught several of us because appearantly when the beta with PN-40 support first came out it didn't matter what you had it set to, it still sent it by cache type.

1411200964211.png

You probably have GSAK set up to generate symbols by "Status only" only. Change this to "Cache type only". This caught several of us because appearantly when the beta with PN-40 support first came out it didn't matter what you had it set to, it still sent it by cache type.

Indeed, that is the definitive answer :)

Indeed, that is the definitive answer :)

And it was Clyde himself that set me on the correct path ;)

Edited by Pax42