Discover Geocaching / Discover Your World

ECplus3

Am I correct in understanding that we can't really reserve or pre-order these yet? That is, that reservations will open up on the 12th? (In the sense that we're putting in an order, but you're not invoicing us until you have them in hand)

Sorry, but I'm just confused because you say "to reserve your coins, please visit my website" and then there doesn't seem to be any mechanism for reserving coins (I'm trying to order a set). Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place on your site?

Am I correct in understanding that we can't really reserve or pre-order these yet? That is, that reservations will open up on the 12th? (In the sense that we're putting in an order, but you're not invoicing us until you have them in hand)

Sorry, but I'm just confused because you say "to reserve your coins, please visit my website" and then there doesn't seem to be any mechanism for reserving coins (I'm trying to order a set). Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place on your site?

Sorry for the confusion! :P

I've changed the wording on my last post. The pre-order will be done through my website. If you visit there now, you can view the coins and see them in the webstore, but won't be able to add them to your cart until March 12th at 8:00 am AST (that's GMT -4). This will be a pre-order, or reservation. I will not invoice anyone until the coins have been minted and I have them in hand.

Hi - quick question: The LE is available only as part of a set but will there be a limit on the total number of LE coins minted?

Thanks! :anicute:

Yes, there will only be 35 black nickel coins minted. 30 will be available in the sets; the other 5 will be held in reserve.

Thanks everyone for your interest in this coin! The reservations continue to come in at a steady pace. There are still some sets available but even they are going quickly.

From the start I had been toying with the idea of making a series of coins with this design since I could have another image dropped into the cutout area on the front.

Since the design seems to have been well received, that idea is something I am considering more seriously.

But would people be interested in another coin in this series?

What's your opinion? Would you like to see more scenes?

Thanks everyone for your interest in this coin! The reservations continue to come in at a steady pace. There are still some sets available but even they are going quickly.

From the start I had been toying with the idea of making a series of coins with this design since I could have another image dropped into the cutout area on the front.

Since the design seems to have been well received, that idea is something I am considering more seriously.

Nobody interested? Or too busy watching basketball? :laughing:

My thoughts, I absolutely love the back (map side). I love everything about it, the colors, shapes, symbols, everything. I can imagine how beautiful it is in person. However I decided not to buy this coin because the scene did nothing for me. I live in Southern Jersey, definitely no mountains or beautiful mountain surrounded lakes. So it didn't relate to me for geocaching. Also, I may have enjoyed it more if the scene was drawn like the person. The real scene picture and the drawn person didn't seem to fit.

Just my thoughts! I mean NO harm. I think you did an excellent job and appreciate your hard work adding to geocoins. :) (I've never made a coin.)

Sure, in fact on Thursday I saw this amazing landscape photo of a place in Australia and thought of sending it to you to make another... :)

Sure, in fact on Thursday I saw this amazing landscape photo of a place in Australia and thought of sending it to you to make another... :lol:

I'd need permission from the original photographer to use it on my coin. Could you scoot on over there and take the shot for me yourself? :)

Maybe something recognizable from different areas of the world.

The order will likely go to the mint mid-week next week (or as soon as I get the tracking numbers from Groundspeak). It then takes about 3 - 4 weeks for the coins to be made and 3 days shipping to me. With any luck I will have them by the end of April and will start invoicing and shipping at that time.

Thanks for ordering!

You guys have been great! I am now up to 300 coins reserved with just a few hours left in the presale period!

Thanks to everyone for your support of this project!

In total, there will be 345 coins produced. Here's the breakdown:

Antique Copper .... 107

Antique Silver ..... 96

Antique Bronze ..... 95

Black Nickel LE .... 35

Shiny Silver XLE .... 6

Shiny Gold XLE ...... 6

TOTAL: 345

For as excited as I was for this coin featuring the most spectacularly beautiful place on the planet, I somehow managed to miss the reservation period :) anybody order extras for trading?

I'm (away for work and) not sure when I'll be home next, but I have some of my personals with me, if anyone is interested :) Or if not, maybe we can work something out when I'm home again, all my traders are there....

::crosses fingers::

For as excited as I was for this coin featuring the most spectacularly beautiful place on the planet, I somehow managed to miss the reservation period :) anybody order extras for trading?

I'm (away for work and) not sure when I'll be home next, but I have some of my personals with me, if anyone is interested :) Or if not, maybe we can work something out when I'm home again, all my traders are there....

::crosses fingers::

I'll have a antique bronze and antique silver for trade if you are interested. Your personals are neat so I am sure we can work something out.

Edited by haysonics