Want to leave Geocaches in N and W India

zjhunt

I am from Texas in the US and am coming on a bird watching tour in February around Dehli, Ranthambore, Bharatpur, Agra, Nainital, Dhikala and would like to leave a series of Geocaches called India Birder. I would like to find Geocachers that could help me maintain them as I won't be back until November. Could someone also suggest what would be the best size cache for India. I would think one that would be small enough to conceal well but large enough to carry the Geocache message (describing what the cache is and not to disturb it). It would also be interesting to put that in the local language for a local that might mistakenly find it. Thanks, Joseph Hunt, Austin, Texas

I am from Texas in the US and am coming on a bird watching tour in February around Dehli, Ranthambore, Bharatpur, Agra, Nainital, Dhikala and would like to leave a series of Geocaches called India Birder. I would like to find Geocachers that could help me maintain them as I won't be back until November. Could someone also suggest what would be the best size cache for India. I would think one that would be small enough to conceal well but large enough to carry the Geocache message (describing what the cache is and not to disturb it). It would also be interesting to put that in the local language for a local that might mistakenly find it. Thanks, Joseph Hunt, Austin, Texas

Hi There.... I live in UAE but belong from Delhi. There aren't many caches in India considering its potential. Taking into account the terrorist attacks on major Indian cities, its best to place a cache outside any major city. People snooping around with GPSr inside the city wont be welcomed I guess by security.

If you are on an eco trip its best to put some Earthcaches. Being virtual in nature these are I think best in Indian environment and you can maintain them from you place or I can also help you whenever I am in Delhi for visit.

Contact me personally if you need any more help.

Leo