National Championship Cache Challenge

Alabama will meet Texas for the National Football Championship.

Seven times they have played, seven times Texas has prevailed!

Now, I don't know squat about Texas football, but since I root for Auburn and whoever's playing Alabama I reckon it's "Hook 'em Horns!" (Yes, I'm an Alabama graduate but an Auburn football fan...go figure!)

So... anyone up for a geo-wager?

Post your team choice here. Proponents of the losing team have to hide a new geocache within a week after the game which has the name of the winning team in the cache title for us winners to go log... and we're likely to crow about it in our log! ;)

My pick - Texas.

Bama fans, y'all be getting your cache together. :)

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I work at a university but as it is an Ivy league college that doesn't have athletic scholarships I don't expect that I'll ever see the Cornell football team in a bowl game.

They do, however, field good, often nationally ranked teams in Ice Hockey (currently ranked #4 in the nation) and Lacrosse. Last years national championship game against Syracuse was one of the most heart breaking losses I've ever seen. The 2010 season is still a couple of months away, but I have a Cornell Lacrosse themed puzzle cache that can be found now.

This year, however, I have been paying more attention to the Cornell basketball team. After back to back ivy league championships and bids to the NCAA tournaments they just may have one of the best teams Cornell has ever seen. They're 7-2 so far, with losses to Syracuse (#7) and Seton Hall. I've been to both home games and they look really good. I may place a Cornell Basketball themed puzzle at the end of the season.

Alabama or Texas, anyone? ;)

Sorry Ed, football is for sissies.

Go Rugby! :blink:

Guess so, but I am not playing anything where I have to worry about my scrum! :)

And in rugby news, this just in:

The Wallabies rugby practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Eddie Jones immediately suspended practice while police and federal investigators were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, investigating forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to Wallaby players was the try line. Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I'm in a bit depressed because English Prem League matches are being postponed due to all the snow in England. Arsenal - Bolton was PPD on Wednesday and a few of Saturday's matches are also off.

And in some really sad news, robbers in Congo shot at the Togo team bus on the way to the African Cup of Nations - some players were injured. :anibad:

On another front, I predict this thread has a very limited lifespan now that the BCS matches are all done, though the arguing who is really No. 1 between BSU and Alabama will go on and the numbskulls who brought us the BCS continue to argue for a playoff system :P

One part of the cache page I don't quite comprehend:

This is one of a series of caches that commemorate the thirteen Division 1-A football national championships* won by The University of Alabama.

*There is a lot of debate among fans, foes, and interested observers on the real number.

How can there be any debate over how many games a team won? :anibad:

I know football's a sissy game, (Go Rugby!), but ain't there someone keeping track of the wins & loses? :P

Edited by Clan Riffster

One part of the cache page I don't quite comprehend:

This is one of a series of caches that commemorate the thirteen Division 1-A football national championships* won by The University of Alabama.

*There is a lot of debate among fans, foes, and interested observers on the real number.

How can there be any debate over how many games a team won? :D

I know football's a sissy game, (Go Rugby!), but ain't there someone keeping track of the wins & loses? :P

I can't speak for Texas, but expecting Alabama fans to count that high is a bit optimistic! :lol: