Solly makes it to No1 in Europe!

qrang

Even more impressive when you know that his finds are all his own. :laughing:

Some 'high-number' teams consist of two or more cachers who find caches separately but still log under one team name! :D

Well done Alan! That's one hell of a lot of torches err... caches I mean :laughing:

Mark

I had a feeling he'd edge it before the end of the year. It's been my privilege to cache with Europe's No.1 cacher quite a few times and I promise, he does find time to eat! Things are planned like a military campaign though, and he does invest a lot of time and money in travelling the country to cache- as well as place over 120 himself (Chiltern Hundred ring plus others- hardly a micro amongst them) and -even more remarkably?- maintain them to a high standard. He's also held up the Chinese economy single-handedly by buying the country's total output of small torches to leave in caches... All this and a nicer guy you couldn't hope to meet. This is to say nothing of Ladysolly/Susan's massive contribution to 'Team Solly'. Not only with carefully packed bags of coffee, milk, water and delicious foody supplies, but as a talented cacher in her own right. Much love and applause to them both from me, with my mere 3600-ish finds :laughing: :laughing: :D:laughing:

Edited by Simply Paul

Thanks to everyone for their congrats. I'm pleased that a Brit is number one in Europe at last - the Germans have been at the top for too long :-) I shall have to get a Union Jack to wave at events.

I was also flattered to make number six in the "Top 10 Great Britons in IT history".

Yes, I do find time to eat. And even sleep, a little. Although ladysolly is getting a bit fed up with my 6am getting-up-time.

Thanks to everyone for their congrats. I'm pleased that a Brit is number one in Europe at last - the Germans have been at the top for too long :-) I shall have to get a Union Jack to wave at events.

I was also flattered to make number six in the "Top 10 Great Britons in IT history".

Yes, I do find time to eat. And even sleep, a little. Although ladysolly is getting a bit fed up with my 6am getting-up-time.

Arise, Sir Solly! :lol:

Big respect to you! Sandwiched between Sir Arthurc C Clarke at #7 and Sir Clive Sinclair at #5. I was interested to see that Arthur C Clarke is credited with the idea of geostationary satelites.... so it's nice to see another Geocaching related topic in there too :lol:

Arise, Sir Solly! B)

When we got the Queen's Award for Technology, all the other antivirus folks around the world were calling me that :-)