Holiday Adoption Mission

steel city babes

Okay if I followed the thread right it looks something like this. You should have received an adoption request from the person above you, and you should be sending an adoption request to the person below you. We have adopted out 39 brand NEW coins so far (the number after your name is your original post-if I did it right).

1. Steel city babes -1

2. Maine Family - 5

3. Plum brokers - 7

4. Penny and Kona - 8

5. Hollera - 9

6. dHenninger - 10

7. The moop along - 12

8. garden gorilla - 14

9. Howling moon - 16

10. Tennessee Jed - 17

11. Pingos - 18

12. Bluemotmot - 19

13. 911 Turbos - 20

14. Sterni2009 - 21

15. Fuzzibear3 - 23

16. Blurenges - 25

17. Ladybee4t - 26

18. Ufgatorgirl - 28

19. Merchlinskys - 29

20. Minimikez - 33

21. sunset meadowlark - 34

22. Lagrac - 36

23. Fossil lady - 40

24 cainrcc - 43

25. Stenwalzer - 46

26. Pagan frog - 47

27. Allied oz - 48 -

28. Tennessee Jed - 50

29. Syott - 51

30. Allied oz - 53

31. Cainrcc - 70

32. Firefly03 - 71

33. Murphyrulez - 73

34. team Haynes - 74

35. murphyrulez - 82

36. Dark elf - 91

37. Johan333 - 95

38. Millieballon - 99

39. Cainrcc - 104

Doing well, Again 10/10/10 is the cutoff date.....

Remember to play you must be willing to first accept the brand new coin listed above your post(via adoption) then YOU MUST activate brand new coin, adopt it out(to whomever posts after you), and place it in a geocache.

basically one NEW coin for one NEW coin and it gets more coins out there in caches instead of collection.....

Edited by steel city babes

I have an other one up for adoption a Team Ace coin :) TB1TEG4

I'd love to adopt the Team Ace coin! When I get home tonight I'll activate a Best Friends coin and adopt it to the next participant.

Oooo I'd love a traveling best friend coin!!! Great for a mission!!

When I get home this evening I will find another coin from my traders to activate for the next poster.

I have an other one up for adoption a Team Ace coin :) TB1TEG4

I'd love to adopt the Team Ace coin! When I get home tonight I'll activate a Best Friends coin and adopt it to the next participant.

Oooo I'd love a traveling best friend coin!!! Great for a mission!!

When I get home this evening I will find another coin from my traders to activate for the next poster.

Adoption request accepted from sunsetmeadowlark and mission has started!!!

I have a Fragglestock event coin for the next adoption requester

1. Steel city babes -1

2. Maine Family - 5

3. Plum brokers - 7

4. Penny and Kona - 8

5. Hollera - 9

6. dHenninger - 10

7. The moop along - 12

8. garden gorilla - 14

9. Howling moon - 16

10. Tennessee Jed - 17

11. Pingos - 18

12. Bluemotmot - 19

13. 911 Turbos - 20

14. Sterni2009 - 21

15. Fuzzibear3 - 23

16. Blurenges - 25

17. Ladybee4t - 26

18. Ufgatorgirl - 28

19. Merchlinskys - 29

20. Minimikez - 33

21. sunset meadowlark - 34

22. Lagrac - 36

23. Fossil lady - 40

24 cainrcc - 43

25. Stenwalzer - 46

26. Pagan frog - 47

27. Allied oz - 48 -

28. Tennessee Jed - 50

29. Syott - 51

30. Allied oz - 53

31. Cainrcc - 70

32. Firefly03 - 71

33. Murphyrulez - 73

34. team Haynes - 74

35. murphyrulez - 82

36. Dark elf - 91

37. Johan333 - 95

38. Millieballon - 99

39. Cainrcc – 104

40. sunsetmeadowlark – 109

41. ladybee4t – 110

42. FSCout – 114

Okay this concludes a wonderful mission. Thanks to all who participated. We feel slightly short of the 50 coin goal but at least there are some NEW coins out there.

Add your coin travels to this page if you like!

Steel City Babes

Just wondering if any of the coins adopted out in this mission have reached their destinations yet?

Mine from Plumbrokeacres is on its way, TB1Q2E4, although it seems to have reached a cache that doesn't quite have the traffic of other caches. This is probably a good thing, for the traveler!

Mine TO hollora took a detour from its more-or-less direct path to Maine, but I saw it got picked up today so perhaps it will head north quickly? TB2W9EM

Just wondering if any of the coins adopted out in this mission have reached their destinations yet?

My coin is coming from Germany, and it made the big jump to the USA!! I figure just a few more hops and it might even end up near me.

I just got word that my coin has made the necessary jumps -- it is in the hands of a local cacher, and he is going to drop it in a place where I can pick it up soon!

It had a couple adventures in Germany, caught a lift to the US, processed in through Ellis Island and toured the Statue of Liberty, it then came over to Columbus Ohio, and caught a ride to Dayton with a brief rest stop in Springfield.

I just got word that my coin has made the necessary jumps -- it is in the hands of a local cacher, and he is going to drop it in a place where I can pick it up soon!

This is great news! Hopefully you have some nice pictures of the coin's travels, and then you'll see your coin "for real." Wow. Further evidence that sometimes, geocachers do read the missions and help our travellers achive them.

A special thanks to sterni2009 for sending me the Christmas Tree Geocoin - I now have it in hand and it is beautiful! This is one of my first travelers to actually reach its goal! It is made all the more special by its travels to get here.

On a side note, I have a travel tag out there that was to go to GWVIII, and I see that it was put into the event cache, so that also has reached its primary goal!

UPDATE:

My coin from Plumbrokeacres (link below) has been listed as "missing." So sad. Nothing from it at all since February, and then FINALLY one of the many geocachers to find the cache has posted that the coin is missing. Oh well, at least I KNOW!

On a better note, I think hollora's coin from me is still moving after a detour south...

How is everyone else's mission going? Congratulations to fuzziebear3 on receiving mission coin! It IS possible.

Mine from Plumbrokeacres is on its way, TB1Q2E4, although it seems to have reached a cache that doesn't quite have the traffic of other caches. This is probably a good thing, for the traveler!

Mine TO hollora took a detour from its more-or-less direct path to Maine, but I saw it got picked up today so perhaps it will head north quickly? TB2W9EM

Giving this thread a BUMP to report a success story! YES! Three years after Steel City Babes had this awesome idea to both gift coins and get them moving in the same stroke, the coin I adopted out to hollora has made it to the hands of the owner!

I had some downtime yesterday and was looking at the coins on my watchlist. Sadly, some have gone missing and some are still in my possession even though I have tried to send them out (so sorry, Montana-bound mission coins). The coin for this mission, a Mimbres 2.0 with blue enamel, was the coin I gave up for adoption and that hollora accepted. With so many trackables going missing into the abyss, a success story is always uplifting.

More importantly, I think hollora's update to her coin's happy ending is a sober reminder of why we gift and trade coins in the first place. Yes, coins can be a commodity, but they can be so much more. If you have some time, please read this update on the coin's page. THIS is why some of us do what we do. I've been in touch with hollora and she said it was fine to share.

Mimbres 2.0 for Holiday Adoption Mission 2009

In closing, I have to give props to Steel City Babes for coming up with a novel way to get some coins moving and to give us something to watch, if only briefly. It was a lot of fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Happy new year, happy geocaching, and happy coining, everyone!