Holiday Adoption Mission

steel city babes

Hello Fellow Cachers,

Yep another mission: Holiday Adoption Mission.

In the spirit of giving and recent threads, I thought this would be fun. All that is involved is one new coin on your behalf. I like the idea of adoption (as opposed to trades) for it gets new geocoins out there in caches...

Here's how it works:

1.You would need to activate one new geocoin from your stash and be willing to put it up for adoption and place it in a cache.

2. You would then post here "Adoption Requested" (1 time - no more unless there is a round two)

3. You would then reciprocate by sending an adoption of the coin you activated to the VERY next person that posts.

4. to update thread Please edit/quote your original post...do NOT add another post this will elevate coinfusion....I.E I might edit my original post to say "Adoption Sent to Cacher XXXX" and "Adoption Received from Cacher YYYY"

5. Please post thank you's on the TB page ONLY. This too will eliminate coinfusion

So I will start off by sending my newly activated Hibiscus flipflops for some fun in the sun geocoin to whomever posts second, post two would send the coin they recently activated to whomever post third, and so forth.

I will decide on the ending date and the last poster can send an adoption request to me and that will end the mission or we can start round two depending on how generous we want to get. At this point everyone should have received an new coin for their collection.

For now one adoption request per cacher. Therefore only one post, that you will edit with any updates.

Lets see if we can get at least 50 new coins out in circulation.

Edited by steel city babes

Nice mission idea but, one problem. You can only edit your post for the first 24 hours. :D

You can quote your original post and edit that way!!!!! :laughing: Although it will create another post, it will let those participating that you are already participating.

Let the posting begin!

Thanks for bringing that too my attention never knew that about the edit feature....

I just activated a 4 Muskateers Royalist Geocoin that I will send an adoption request to the next person who wants to join.

Adoption sent to plumbrokeacres.

Adoption complete. Placed it in a cache today. Made a new one hoping to get the coin moving before it gets snowed under.

Adoption request from Steel City Babes. Adoption accepted.

Great idea.

Edited by Maine Family

Confused

It is very much like pay it forward, except with this mission YOU MUST pay it forward..... You need to activate one new coin and be prepared to send out for adoption.

1. To start your mission you indicate you would like to partake in the mission in your post. (if you were the first to start this mission, I would be sending you and adoption request for the coin I have activated today for this mission)

2. To complete your holiday adoption mission you would send an adoption (of a new activated coin you selected from your collection) to the person who posts directly after you and indicates they would like to partake in the holiday mission.

3. Finally you must place the coin you adopted out into a local cache to travel.

Basically it is one activated coin for one activated coin. You must be ask for an adoption and then you must be prepared to adopt out another coin to the next participant.

I hope this helps!!!

UPDATE: Adoption sent to Maine Family for the Hibiscus Flip Flops Geocoin

OK, so now I'm waiting for plumbroekacres to activate a coin and we proceed in sequence?

- It seems to me that if we are the next person to post, why do we need to also request an adoption? Wouldn't we automatically adopt the coin that the person prior to us activated?

Or do I post that I've activated one and wait for someone to request it from me?

This is a FANTASTIC idea for a mission, as it gets coins into caches and allows us to have fun watching them travel! Thanks for hosting, steel city babes!

This was added AFTER hollora's post, and I guess my edit. :D

Ready to participate: Yes!

Adopted coin to receive: A Plumbrokeacres Black Nickel Canadian Cacher Personal! (TB1Q2E4)

Thank you very much - adoption request sent and accepted! I hope I get to see this one in the flesh sometime in 2010!

Activated coin to adopt out: A Mimbres 2.0 LE - blue!

- This adoption request has been sent and accepted! The fun begins! There was a bit of a delay in sending my adoption request, as this is the first coin I've ever adopted out and I had a devil of a time figuring out WHERE to do it. One learns something every day, right?

- Also, I wasn't sure if I should set-up the coin's page (upload a photo, write in a mission and a description, etc) BEFORE I adopted it out or after? I have since decided that I will just email hollora a few digital images of the coin and allow the new owner the fun of setting up the page!

- Safe travels to ALL of the coins in the mission!

Edited by Penny and Kona

OK - I'll try here:

1. To start your mission you indicate you would like to partake in the mission in your post.

Ready to participate! All set - Life Is Good - Coin adopted! A fun mission for sure - now to watch it's travels! Thanks penny and kona!

2. To complete your holiday adoption mission you would send an adoption (of a new activated coin you selected from your collection - I have one ready) to the person who posts directly after you and indicates they would like to partake in the holiday mission. Coin Adoption request to dhenninger - All Accepted and ready to release.

Not sure if I should say what the coin is? Maine Family did - plumbrokeacres did not. But I will - It is a GeocoinClub trackable nametag coin with the little LED light - and I will add the new cache owners name to the tag so it is all ready to wear when you get it.

3. Finally you must place the coin you adopted out into a local cache to travel. Adoption is accepted. Ready to do this ASAP

Thank you Steel City Babes for this fun and creative mission. I am all set and will enjoy watching the coins and seeing this one move along. Once you get the hang of it - it moves right along. Thanks again!

Edited to bring up to date!

Edited by hollora

hmm, I'll bite even though I don't know what TMA's coin is...ADOPTION REQUESTED!

Anyone want a nice shiny gardengorilla gone bush coin? :laughing:

I do! :laughing:Adoption request received and accepted! :laughing: Thank you, Garden Gorilla! TB358WQ if anyone wants to watch it travel. :unsure:

I'll adopt a... Gotta look at my unactivated geocoins. :D Edit coming soon! lol

I have a GC&PC November 2009 geocoin to adopt to someone! Adoption request sent to Tennessee Jed!

Edited by Howlingmoon

I'd like to adopt it ;)

I have a Christmas Tree Geocoin for the next one :)

I answered the adoption request from 911turbos. Thank you very much!!! :blink:

Adoption request for the Christmas Tree Coin sent to fuzziebear3 :o

fuzziebear3 answered the adoption request, now the coin is fuzziebear's and travels to Ohio ;)

Edited by sterni2009

I will adopt your Christmas tree.

I have a December 2006 Geocoin Club for the next player.

--Thanks sterni for the Christmas Tree adoption, I am excited to own this one! I didn't realize it will start in Germany, that actually makes it even better, as now I have an overseas traveler to watch.

Edited by fuzziebear3

I would be happy to adopt you Robert Burns coin!

To the next poster I have an geocoinclub March 06 Can you see me now? that I will activate and send it on its travels to you.

(Just as an aside. Sometimes they do make their goal of meeting the person. I will pick one up tonight that its mission was to get to me!! If the snow holds off that is)

I would be happy to adopt you Robert Burns coin!

To the next poster I have an geocoinclub March 06 Can you see me now? that I will activate and send it on its travels to you.

(Just as an aside. Sometimes they do make their goal of meeting the person. I will pick one up tonight that its mission was to get to me!! If the snow holds off that is)

I will activate it later tonight or tomorrow and send the request to UFGatorgirl! I just took pictures to add it to the listing....

I'll play. :D

I've got a GPS Maze Coin from the Quad Cities up for adoption.

GC&P Club November 2009 - Geocaching Friendships Geocoin adopted from sunsetmeadowlark.... thanks!!

I've got a coin from the GPS Maze available for adoption...who's next?! :D

Mission accomplished (I finally figured out how to put a coin up for adoption). Thanks so much for developing this unique mission and I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!

ooh can i adopt the coin please steinwalzer i love the witch

i offer a coin up for adoption, but not sure which one yet. unless someone likes to claim a random mystery coin, i will be back to edit the coin into this post.

I'm in the same boat, several to pick from so I'll see what one I can find a code for and that will be it :antenna: Happy to take your mystery coin Paganfrog, same goes for the next poster, mystery coin for now... back after work to decide what one it is :antenna:

i offer a coin up for adoption, but not sure which one yet. unless someone likes to claim a random mystery coin, i will be back to edit the coin into this post.

I'm in the same boat, several to pick from so I'll see what one I can find a code for and that will be it :antenna: Happy to take your mystery coin Paganfrog, same goes for the next poster, mystery coin for now... back after work to decide what one it is :antenna:

just sent you the adoption my friend. hope you like the choice.

I would like a coin traveling in Austra;ia if I can participate again. :antenna: