?MUSHROOM FAIRY?

I found a cache on Thanksgiving Day and have been pondering ever since. Maybe it means something and maybe its nothing, maybe you all know. About 20 ft away from the cache sitting on a rock by a tree was a ceramic fairy on a mushroom figure. Now this is out i n the woods....does this have some meaning in the Geocache world or is it nothing?

thanks

G&M

I found a cache on Thanksgiving Day and have been pondering ever since. Maybe it means something and maybe its nothing, maybe you all know. About 20 ft away from the cache sitting on a rock by a tree was a ceramic fairy on a mushroom figure. Now this is out i n the woods....does this have some meaning in the Geocache world or is it nothing?

How carefully did you inspect the figurine?

Inside the fairy figurine was a microphone. A couple hundred yards away, on a sidewalk, was a tiny, unmarked, antenna-festooned van.

Inside the van were several giggling headset-wearing hamsters.

You gotta learn to be observant.

Inside the fairy figurine was a microphone. A couple hundred yards away, on a sidewalk, was a tiny, unmarked, antenna-festooned van.

Do not discuss platinum member features in the "regular" forums.

You gotta learn to be discreet.

Thank you.

I wondered the same thing when i found a hand carved wooden elephant sitting near a cache once.

I knew where the wooden elephant was carved (Ghana, Africa) because I know someone who has one identical to it and he purchased it from the carver (he's from Ghana and bought his there).

I couldn't determine the significance of the elephant but likely it was there for the "hmm?" factor. I would bet the fairy mushroom was there for the same reason.

It's odd but, in a way, cool

well I can see not going to find anything out here .......

Have you considered the possibility that it was simply put there just to entertain you? To make you smile?

That is my theory.

Thanks for sharing the entertainment with us. This thread has given me many smiles. :D:laughing::laughing:

Thank you.

I thought that platinum membership "doesn't exist".

Thank you.

AW MAN! All that money I forked over for my double platinum membership and now you're saying it's not worth squat? It "doesn't exist"? No wonder I have yet to find any hamsters! Although, really, everybody knows hamsters are the most level-headed, serious souls around, and I just can't imagine finding any giggling ones, headset-festooned or not. :D

Grammynmaggie, my take on all this fairy/mushroom business is that there must be a high-level conspiracy involved somewhere. Which direction was the fairy facing? East? West? I'm hoping it wasn't North or South, as that would be really worrisome.

Thank you.

AW MAN! All that money I forked over for my double platinum membership and now you're saying it's not worth squat? It "doesn't exist"? No wonder I have yet to find any hamsters! Although, really, everybody knows hamsters are the most level-headed, serious souls around, and I just can't imagine finding any giggling ones, headset-festooned or not. :laughing:

Grammynmaggie, my take on all this fairy/mushroom business is that there must be a high-level conspiracy involved somewhere. Which direction was the fairy facing? East? West? I'm hoping it wasn't North or South, as that would be really worrisome.

You will note that I was quoting. I will not make any claims that I was quoting from "The Manual".

If asked I wasn't here. :D

I spotted a rusted antique sewing machine about 25' from a cache I found today. Perhaps it was placed there to make the clothes for the gnomes and mushroom fairies?

Ah! Thank you! I knew that I left my antique rusted sewing machine somewhere! I just laid it down for a moment to sign a cache and forgot it when I left. Thank you for doing the needful and reporting it. Maybe you could put a travel tag on it and cachers can cache-mail it back to me?