Thurus Geocoin

wenzelbub

They came out looking really good and I'm going to be interested in a couple for sure but I hope you don't decide to go the pre-sale route.

Because you do not want to pay for coins, that do not exist, right?

Like the pre-sale (or better reservation) for my travelstamps, you FIRST have to pay for your total order AFTER the coins have arrived from mint and checked by me.

NO PAYMENT IN ADVANCE!!!!

I know it's more risky for me but I do not want your money before I'm sure I can fulfill your order!

Or do you have other apprehension?

I'm no designer but how about taking this element of your design for the icon....

icon.jpg

Nice idea ... i'll try at home :D

Edited by wenzelbub

wenzelbub If your gauging interest and asking people how many they would like.. yet not collecting cash until they have arrived from the mint and ready to ship it is not Pre-Sale it is more often called a reservation sale/system and not Pre-Sale (it scares a lot of people off that word)

Reservations are the way to go for us so we do not have our money paid out and then waiting 2 months for coins, plus anything can happen in that time. Of course pre-sales is less risk for you :D

wenzelbub If your gauging interest and asking people how many they would like.. yet not collecting cash until they have arrived from the mint and ready to ship it is not Pre-Sale it is more often called a reservation sale/system and not Pre-Sale (it scares a lot of people off that word)

Reservations are the way to go for us so we do not have our money paid out and then waiting 2 months for coins, plus anything can happen in that time. Of course pre-sales is less risk for you :)

Thanks for this information, just updated my post.

I'll try to figure out how to implement in my webshop or find other solution. :D

Whats wroung with pre-sales? It seem like a good way to judge how much interest there is and figure out how many coins to order. That way you don't get stuck with to many extras.

Some of us made really bad experience with pre-sale. Paid for coins in advance and never got them.

But let's get back to thurus-coin :D

These are kind of simple, but hey, it's an idea. Here you go:

thurus-red_32px.gifthurus-red_16px.gif

Edited to add: I like yours too. I can't tell what's going on with yours, which is actually a good thing: it hints at an intricate design (which I like) and makes me want to click on it to find out more! : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

+++ Ticker ++++

Final Editions are:

- White Nickel + Transparent Green

- Gold + Transparent Red

- Antique Copper (no color)

- White Nickel + "Rainbow"

- Mystery-Edition (LE)

- Cointest-Version (LE) (not for sale)

More information (including reservation-details) till sunday evening!

+++ Ticker End +++

Reservation is open

Final Editions:

1) White Nickel + Transparent Green

2) Gold + Transparent Red

3) Antique Copper (no color)

4) White Nickel + "Rainbow"

5) Mystery-Edition (LE)

6) Cointest-Version (LE) (not for sale)

Size: 1.75"

Thickness: 3mm

Weight: 40gr.

Trackable: YES

Icon: YES

Price:

8.50 EUR each

Set of 4 ("normale" editions) = 32 EUR

Set of 5 ("normale" editions + "Mystery") = 40 EUR

Price incl. 19 % Tax excl. shipping costs.

Those of you, how live in a Non-EU-State will not have to pay this Tax!

For shipping cost please click here

1 Thurus-Geocoin + package is 49gr. !

2 to 14 Thurus-Geocoins + package is under 500 gr.

Just an example, Costumer in USA:

Set of 5 + Shipping:

40 EUR + 7.90 EUR = 47.90 EUR (incl. 19% TAX)

without 19% TAX = 40.25 EUR

40.25 EUR = about 52 USD

Reservation can placed here: www.wbcoins.de

Reservation ends 10-10-2010 10:10 UTC

Shipping will probably start at beginning of November

(Costumers-Newsletter will be send tomorrow, have to translate it in english)

Edited by wenzelbub

Well I have reserved my set(s) :D tho I was a little confused :D with the wording of the reservation as you proceed to the checkout...

Money Order or Paypal

IF THIS IS A RESERVATION:

PLEASE MAKE PAYABLE FIRST AFTER GETTING EXTRA INFORMATION FROM ME!

I think this means only pay once you have received an addition e-mail requesting the cash. I think.. :P

Also it states that "Coins will probably arrive beginning of October from mint. " But I'm guessing end of October or beginning of November?

wenzelbub please do not think I'm picking on you ! I was just concerned about the reservation but I forged ahead as there was no way I wanted to miss out, as you can see by my order I'm rather taken with your lovely Thurus-geocoins :D

Cheers

Well I have reserved my set(s) :D tho I was a little confused :D with the wording of the reservation as you proceed to the checkout...

Money Order or Paypal

IF THIS IS A RESERVATION:

PLEASE MAKE PAYABLE FIRST AFTER GETTING EXTRA INFORMATION FROM ME!

I think this means only pay once you have received an addition e-mail requesting the cash. I think.. :P

Also it states that "Coins will probably arrive beginning of October from mint. " But I'm guessing end of October or beginning of November?

wenzelbub please do not think I'm picking on you ! I was just concerned about the reservation but I forged ahead as there was no way I wanted to miss out, as you can see by my order I'm rather taken with your lovely Thurus-geocoins :D

Cheers

Beginning of November of course, will change it.. (just to busy this weekend)

You will get an email within 24h after placing a reservation to confirm your reservation!

I'll send another email (probably beginning of November) to everyone placed a reservation when coins are in from mint and checked by me!

No money to me until coins are in!!!!!

Because two persons asked about reservation:

If you want to reserve the coins you have to proceed the entire "order"-process.

But it's not an order, its only a reservation.

I can't see reservations for coins only placed into shopping cart!

Thanks

Stefan

BTW: only 4 days left for reservation!

WOW! By seeing the molds... I saw a beautiful version ofthe coin... but the cointest you had is over now! :signalviolin:

I saw a full metal coin in samin silver the round and the details in polished silver! I am wondering if antique silver can be put too in the dark areas od the coin! but would that be a 3 tone??? :anitongue:

It would be like cold ice coin... or something similar... :mmraspberry:

Order placed for

- 140 Nickel + Rainbow

- 105 Nickel + Green

- 110 Gold + Red

- 95 Antique Copper

- 100 Mystery (LE)

- 15 Cointest (XLE)

= 565 in total

Delivery date of mint will be around Nov. 8th.

After all coins have been checked I'll write an email to everyone with further details for payment and shipping!

To say thanks for your reservations and pass on better exchange rate (of purchase) to you I'll reduce prices.

Single Thurus-Coin is 8.00€ (-0.50€)

Set of 4 is 30.00€ (-2.00€)

Set of 5 is 37.50€ (-2.50€)

(Price incl. 19% Tax)

I'll update prices and total amount of your reservations before sending email with further details.

I have ordered some extra coins for those of you missed reservation.

These will be added to webshop end of Nov. or in Dec.

Greetings,

Stefan

WOOHOOOOO ARTWORK IS FINISHED :rolleyes:

thurus_final_100.jpg

Groundspeak approved it and mint sent me an offer that looks nice.

I'll order 4 samplecoins, after getting them I'll post futher details.

(PS: There will be a cointest, winner will get a unique coin-edition limited to 3 coins (one for him, two for me)

greetings

wenzelbub / Stefan

It looks great. Put me on the will buy list.

So will you be sending invoices over the weekend then?

If mint will send them on thursday I do not believe in getting them till saturday. :D

Shipping of Thurus-samples took 2 days incl. custom :) , travelstamps 7 days... :)

I hope to get tracking number tomorrow.

I'll send you information for payment when coins are checked and ok. Maybe first next week.

Just want to make sure all coins are ok before getting money!

I already updated prices of all reservation, see your order history.

Changed status of "Mystery"-Edition and "Set of 5" on webshop to "sold out", because no additional "Mystery" will be for sale. All of you placed a reservation and got a confirmation will get them!

Got 91 reservations for "Mystery" and ordered 100 = LE is 100 coins