Blood Drop Coin

cache_in_hand

Last September, while checking on one of our caches, I decided to move the rock it was supposed to be under. The rock was a tad too big, and I tore the tendons that hold my bicep to my elbow.

In fact, I heard them rip. I thought it was my coat sleeve...right up until the pain hit. It was so bad, I nearly passed out. That feeling went away after a few moments, and we went to Urgent Care.

An hour later, we were out of there, with a bottle of Vicodan for me.

The next morning, at about 1030, I get a phone call from Group Health in Tacoma. I was informed that I had a 3pm appointment with an Orthopedist. Well OK, off we go.

Two hours, a sonogram on both arms, an EKG, a couple of vials of blood, and Dr. Tanz talking to my Cardiologist later, I was scheduled to have my tendon re-attached on Monday afternoon.

The operation went just fine. It took about 2 hours to put everything back together. I wound up with 12 stitches in my elbow, and 12 on the back of my arm. I was in a cast for 7 weeks.

When it came off, I had to start re-teaching my arm how to do anything and everything. Lemme tell you, that's no fun. Every other day, I do some weight work to get the strength back.

All in all, it's healing up pretty well. I'm a lot further along that I though I would be at this point.

There are way too many pictures to post here, so I have used links instead.

The rock

stitches%201.jpg

Stitches in my elbow

stitches%202.jpg

Stitches on the back of my arm

First cast coming off

Second cast going on

The second cast glows in the dark!

Second cast coming off

Back of my arm

In my elbow

Edited by Shop99er

Last September, while checking on one of our caches, I decided to move the rock it was supposed to be under. The rock was a tad too big, and I tore the tendons that hold my bicep to my elbow.

In fact, I heard them rip. I thought it was my coat sleeve...right up until the pain hit. It was so bad, I nearly passed out. That feeling went away after a few moments, and we went to Urgent Care.

The next morning, at about 1030, I get a phone call from Group Health in Tacoma. I was informed that I had a 3pm appointment with an Orthopedist. Well OK, off we go.

Two hours, a sonogram on both arms, an EKG, a couple of vials of blood, and Dr. Tanz talking to my Cardiologist later, I was scheduled to have my tendon re-attached on Monday afternoon.

The operation went just fine. It took about 2 hours to put everything back together. I wound up with 12 stitches in my elbow, and 12 on the back of my arm. I was in a cast for 7 weeks.

When it came off, I had to start re-teaching my arm how to do anything and everything. Lemme tell you, that's no fun. Every other day, I do some weight work to get the strength back.

All in all, it's healing up pretty well. I'm a lot further along that I though I would be at this point.

The rock

stitches%201.jpg

Stitches in my elbow

stitches%202.jpg

First cast coming off

Second cast going on

Second cast coming off

Back of my arm

In my elbow

Oh my God!!! I am socked my friend!!! :D

The rock

stitches%201.jpg

Stitches in my elbow

stitches%202.jpg

First cast coming off

Second cast going on

Second cast coming off

Back of my arm

In my elbow

Oh my God!!! I am socked my friend!!! :D

Well, if it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing.

Well we wrote down all of the entered post numbers on a piece of paper and put them in a hat. When I pulled them out of the hat I got a paper cut! I knew blood was going to be involved!

Post number 13 is the winner of the AE.

Post number 52 is the winner of a SE.

I also have a satin/ pearl going to post number 34 and a satin/ glitter going to post number 27.

Congratulations to all of you and thank you for sharing your stories and pictures with us!

Please email me your addresses and I will get them in the mail to you.

Edited by cache_in_hand
Well we wrote down all of the entered posts numbers on a piece of paper and put them in a hat. When I pulled them out of the hat I got a paper cut! I knew blood was going to be involved!

Post number 13 is the winner of the AE.

Post number 52 is the winner of a SE.

I also have a satin/ pearl going to post number 34 and a satin/ glitter going to post number 27.

Congratulations to all of you and thank you for sharing your stories and pictures with us!

Please email me your addresses and I will get them in the mail to you.

Cool! Lucky 13 :) My husband may just get to keep this one since he sacrificed more blood than I did :lol:

Not sure if it counts for the cointest as i was just on my way home from caching - not while out caching.

300e17f7-6cf8-4f0b-920e-3120931a9dac.jpg

A blue pickup pulled out in front of us from the edge of a field, we hit the side of him at 50mph.

it pushed the dash back 4 inch's

both front doors do not open,

both front wheels do not turn

windscreen shattered

engine cracked

frame twisted.

i had severe whiplash, a small fracture to my knee, and bad bruising across my chest from the seat belt.

my wife had suspected broken neck, 2 broken ribs, whiplash, and bruising from the seatbelt.

Logan was given the all clear at the accident and also had bruising from his car seat belt.

My wife was given the all clear and didnt have a broken neck at hospital after several xrays and was released the next morning.