Now Reserving Stars of the North - Algol Geocoin

Eric K

starsofnorth.jpg

Now Reserving the Stars of the North - Algol Geocoin!

This is one of the most beautiful coins we have produced to date!

Material: Imitation hard enamel

Size: 1.75" dia

Thickness: around 3mm

Finish: Anti Gold plated

Color: 1C+7C filled

Printing: photoimage by offset printing with epoxy on front

Tracking number on side of coin

Price

Only $9.99!!!

Click here to reserver your Stars of the North - Algol Geocoin

Edited by Eric K

Is this your own design or is this customer submitted artwork? :laughing:

Everyone gets an answer but me? :blink: Must be an Ohio thing. . .

TMA

It's nothing personal. You have a link to a store on your post and I've been burned before by other geocoin sellers seeking out personal information. I therefore keep all my information private per my customers requests.

Once again, please don't take that personal, I have no reason to believe that is the case, I have no issues with you whatsoever. It's just fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

99% of the geocoin sellers are above board and I get along with them without issue and there are some that we occasionally work on projects behind the scenes. Unless I am specifically asked to make any information public it is all kept confidential.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks,

Eric

TMA

It's nothing personal. You have a link to a store on your post and I've been burned before by other geocoin sellers seeking out personal information. I therefore keep all my information private per my customers requests.

Once again, please don't take that personal, I have no reason to believe that is the case, I have no issues with you whatsoever. It's just fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

99% of the geocoin sellers are above board and I get along with them without issue and there are some that we occasionally work on projects behind the scenes. Unless I am specifically asked to make any information public it is all kept confidential.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks,

Eric

I didn't ask you for personal information, I just asked where you got the design :laughing: You can easily say " I drew it myself" or "a customer submitted it to me". That's all. Very simple.

TMA

Edited by Eartha

TMA

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks,

Eric

I didn't ask you for personal information, I just asked where you got the design :laughing: You can easily say " I drew it myself" or "a customer submitted it to me". That's all. Very simple.

TMA

See, this is exactly the type of thing I mean about some other stores. If you already know certain information, then try to act like you don't, and then go and post that information. This is the type of thing I'm talking about with some other vendors.

If you announced a coin and the customer had chose your company over mine I would not go in and post information about the client.

Please keep this on topic. It is announcing the sale of a coin and I answered your question.

Edited by Eartha

Is this your own design or is this customer submitted artwork? :D

Everyone gets an answer but me? :) Must be an Ohio thing. . .

TMA

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks,

Eric

I didn't ask you for personal information, I just asked where you got the design :) You can easily say " I drew it myself" or "a customer submitted it to me". That's all. Very simple.

TMA

See, this is exactly the type of thing I mean about some other stores. If you already know certain information, then try to act like you don't, and then go and post that information. This is the type of thing I'm talking about with some other vendors.

If you announced a coin and the customer had chose your company over mine I would not go in and post information about the client.

Please keep this on topic. It is announcing the sale of a coin and I answered your question.

WOW, I thought the original question WAS about the coin. I just gotta say that the response I've seen is a clear indication that this was a customer submitted Idea/Design, otherwise there would be no need to "Protect" anyone. If the OP had designed it, then they would have just said so. Besides that...no one is asking fer the customers name or location or personal details...I think someone is being a little paranoid.

Edited by Eartha

Is this your own design or is this customer submitted artwork? :)

If you read between the lines, you'll see that it was submitted by someone else.

You can be forgiven for infering that it was submitted by a customer by reading the vendor's reply but the vendor did not actually say that it was submitted by a customer. Whether he intended to imply this can only be known by himself. He could have said a simple yes or no but instead launched into a speech about protecting his business. People often become suspicious when they perceive (read infer) an avoidance of a straight question via a detailed response that doesn't actually answer the question that was asked. It made me look at the detailed picture on one side of the coin and find a notice saying the picture has been used with permission from ...

Reproducing such lovely art on a coin was a great idea but people may be disuaded from purchasing it for a collection as it has the words "Do not keep me !, I am a traveling item" on it. Friends might think I had stolen it :) Same reason folks have avoided collecting the "Caught red handed" geocoin.

Edit: It will look great in caches which I assume is the intention.

Edited by haysonics

It made me look at that detailed picture on one side of the coin and see that there is a notice that says the picture has been used with permission from ...

Doesn't this permition refer to the picture of the map used for the coin?

Nothing to do who designed the coin or who's idea it was.

It made me look at that detailed picture on one side of the coin and see that there is a notice that says the picture has been used with permission from ...

Doesn't this permition refer to the picture of the map used for the coin?

Nothing to do who designed the coin or who's idea it was.

Of course. The evasiveness of the vendor regarding Moop's question just led me to scrutinize the coin to a level I wouldn't normally have. I then started to think I was looking at a new art masterpiece. Something Moop obviously spotted straight away. If Moop hadn't asked who the artist was I would have. Now its become a trivial question of whose idea it was to reproduce the artwork.

Edit: Still, it's a great looking coin !

Edited by haysonics

Unique icon?

That has yet to be determined. It will depend on how many coins are minted.

Thanks,

Eric

Do you have a goal number in mind of 250 before you go with a unique icon? Or are you considering doing a unique icon with fewer since that can be done now?

Most likely the 250 to make it cost effective. There may be an icon but I would not buy based on the assumption that there would be an icon at this time.

Thanks!

Eric

Just an update.

Coins are expected to ship to us on or around December 23rd from the mint.

Once we have the coins in the pre-paid orders that have been completed will be mailed out first.

After that we will send out invoices to the standard reservations in the order they were made.

A total of 230 coins were minted, as of this time there are not plans for a reminting and the coins will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

If you made a pre-paid reservation and did not receive your invoice contact me at support at usageocoins dot com.

Thanks!

Eric K

A total of 230 coins were minted, as of this time there are not plans for a reminting and the coins will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

Thanks!

Eric K

Does this mean an icon is likely? ..... yes is the only acceptable answer.....

Currently there are no plans for an icon at this time.

Thanks!

Eric K

Does this mean an icon is likely? ..... yes is the only acceptable answer.....

Currently there are no plans for an icon at this time.

:D:D:D:D

Sorry Droo. Not saying there 'won't' be one. Just not at this time. There may 'still' be one but don't want to promise it.

The main reasoning is the additional cost. There was a lot of detail for this coin and of that 230 minted not all of them are being sold.

Thanks!

Eric

Hmm. I have been getting a lot of request for an icon for this coin. What the heck, it's the holiday season! :D

How about the person that designs an icon for me gets one of the coins free!

Feel free to send your suggested icons to me at support at usageocoins dot com.

The winning icon and the name of the designer will be posted here if they request me to do so.

Thanks!

Eric

Sorry Droo. Not saying there 'won't' be one. Just not at this time. There may 'still' be one but don't want to promise it.

The main reasoning is the additional cost. There was a lot of detail for this coin and of that 230 minted not all of them are being sold.

Thanks!

Eric

T's okay, Eric.... sniff, sniff..... you always said it was not really likely. sniff.... I just hoped that 230 was close enough to your goal. Nice looking coin all the same and I'll be looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Thanks!

Eric

T's okay, Eric.... sniff, sniff..... you always said it was not really likely. sniff.... I just hoped that 230 was close enough to your goal. Nice looking coin all the same and I'll be looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Hey, did you see the post after that one. :D

sent an e-mail...can you let me know if my check was received?

ILYK

Drneal:

Your check was received and your envelope is ready waiting on the coins.

However, if you sent an e-mail with an icon idea that has not been received.

Thanks,

Eric

thanks for the quick response! Icon idea is also on its way, but I'm no artist :D

ILYK

Thanks!

Eric

Hey, did you see the post after that one. :)

B):D:):):):D:) Thank you.

ILYK

Drneal:

Thanks,

Eric

thanks for the quick response! Icon idea is also on its way, but I'm no artist :)

ILYK

Did you e-mail it to support at usageocoins dot com? So far nothing has showed up and I also checked my spam filter. If you did send it let me know and I'll PM you a private e-mail you can use.

Thanks,

Eric

ILYK

Drneal:

Thanks,

Eric

thanks for the quick response! Icon idea is also on its way, but I'm no artist :)

ILYK

Did you e-mail it to support at usageocoins dot com? So far nothing has showed up and I also checked my spam filter. If you did send it let me know and I'll PM you a private e-mail you can use.

Thanks,

Eric

try again

ILYK

Drneal:

Thanks,

Eric

thanks for the quick response! Icon idea is also on its way, but I'm no artist :o

ILYK

Thanks,

Eric

try again

Nothing there. I sent you a message with another e-mail to try sending it to.

Thanks,

Eric