Ipaq series Rx5900 Rx5935

allan01273

I have been shown an Ipaq Rx5935 and think that it would be great for paperless caching.

There are several in the series Rx5900 5910 5915 5930 5965 and so on but -

Whats the difference if anything between them please.

I have searched Google all night and can't find an answer

Also the Ipaq 214 seems to be the latest kit, and not much more expensive than the rx5935. Should I get the bang up to date thing and add a gps to it.

My method of geocaching is just a printout and a map from Google. I have never used a gps.

Thanks

Allan

I have been shown an Ipaq Rx5935 and think that it would be great for paperless caching.

There are several in the series Rx5900 5910 5915 5930 5965 and so on but -

Whats the difference if anything between them please.

I have searched Google all night and can't find an answer

Also the Ipaq 214 seems to be the latest kit, and not much more expensive than the rx5935. Should I get the bang up to date thing and add a gps to it.

My method of geocaching is just a printout and a map from Google. I have never used a gps.

Thanks

Allan

I don’t know the difference between all the 5900 series but have a rx5935 myself as do a lot of cachers I know, (rx5720 exactly the same but no wifi)

With memory map, and MMsirfstar download (free) it’s a fantastic caching tool. Depends on your budget but they are often on eBay at a good price.

Not sure but I think it's the amount of imternal memory and maps that varies.

The RX5935 has TomTom Europe on the 2G internal.

You still have the SD slot to play with.

I run MM, cachemate and TomTom.

Download these too.

MMSirfStar for StaticNavigation, allows walking pace.

HouMing FileDialogChanger; allows WM5 to file anywhere. to send cachemate to TomTom.

PS the Ipaq 214 doesn't have GPS does it :blink:

Thats right, NO GPS but then you can either have a seperate gps reciever that transmits by bluetooth to the Ipaq or have one connected to the Ipaq by its memory sd slot, or the usb slot.

The important question though is. What do the numbers RX5900, Rx5910, Rx5920, Rx5915, Rx5930, Rx5935, Rx5940, Rx5965, Rx5975 mean.

Or sometimes I have seen RX5900 Series, and sometimes it is just refered to as "Travel Companion".

Is there a difference.?

As an example my printer DX4850 if purchased in PCWorld is called DX4855 exactly the same printer, but they sell it as a special product, only available there. Are the RX59s the same or not?

Allan.