The Classic: WTB Used Delorme GPSr

cmpete

First of all...sorry for being a lurker on the forum. That's why I look like a complete n00b here.

Second, I'm a poor, young, college-going newlywed with a penchant for geocaching...but I've always used my Dad's GPSr at home. Clearly, I am not at home anymore and I need to acquire my own equipment. I've used a PN-20 extensively and loved it apart from a little drift now and then.

Anyone have some gently loved Delorme or other GPSr they'd be willing to part with for a good cause? :huh:

WTB Handheld GPSr for sub-100 to $150 or so. Thanks for your consideration!

-Connor

Edited by cmpete

Welcome to the forum! You say you liked the Delorme PN-20 when you used one in the past, are you aware it's available right now new on Amazon.com for $150.57? I think the PN-30 is there new also for $203.87 and the PN-40 for $234.57 new so depending on if you're open to buying brand new those may be an option for you. Good luck! :huh:

I've been cruising Amazon.com, thanks for the tip though! My request is two-fold--give back to the community by funding someone's geocache-fund by buying old equipment, as well as minimize my budget as much as possible. I'd like to shoot for sub-100 if I could. But if no offer arises within my $0-150+ range, I'll probably go with Amazon.com in a few weeks (after finals.)

Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum! You say you liked the Delorme PN-20 when you used one in the past, are you aware it's available right now new on Amazon.com for $150.57? I think the PN-30 is there new also for $203.87 and the PN-40 for $234.57 new so depending on if you're open to buying brand new those may be an option for you. Good luck! :huh:

I've been cruising Amazon.com, thanks for the tip though! My request is two-fold--give back to the community by funding someone's geocache-fund by buying old equipment, as well as minimize my budget as much as possible. I'd like to shoot for sub-100 if I could. But if no offer arises within my $0-150+ range, I'll probably go with Amazon.com in a few weeks (after finals.)

Thanks again!

Very nice! I like the way you think. Yeah, we sometimes disagree with each other here on the forums, but then we see somebody like you looking out for others and it reminds us that generally speaking geocachers are a great bunch of people. Thanks for the reminder! :(