Use of GC logo on coins tags etc

Moo

Submitted a request by email to logo@geocaching.com late last week for permission to use the GC logo in a tag design, but still haven't even received an acknowledgement of the request. Appreciate that it might be just one of many similar requests and things take time - so was just wondering how long it would normally take to hear something back?

I'm a little surprised you'd didn't get an auto response? I have when emailing "contact@geocaching.com". But it's certainly possible that they don't have an auto response on that email account.

I'd wait 2 weeks, then mail again, referencing the first email sent (I'd copy and past the whole thing at the bottom of the email), just in case it's already been assigned to someone.

I would be mildly surprised if they okayed the use of the GC.com logo on a path tag (assuming you mean path tag when you write "tag"). Path Tags are competing trackables, paying no $ to GSP.

But then you may not mean path tag, and I could be wrong about that in any case.

Submitted a request by email to logo@geocaching.com late last week for permission to use the GC logo in a tag design, but still haven't even received an acknowledgement of the request. Appreciate that it might be just one of many similar requests and things take time - so was just wondering how long it would normally take to hear something back?

Last week was a big holiday week here in the US, and a 4-day weekend for many people.

Howdy......

This is what I found......

Most Groundspeak and Geocaching logo-related questions are answered at our page that details Logo Usage and Trademark Information: http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx

Please email logo@Groundspeak.com for assistance if your concerns are still not answered.

There is also a public domain logo which was independently produced. Groundspeak does not manage this at all. It is used widely and is often seen with some small variation such as color, or a graphic background. More information on the public domain logo is available at: http://bytethebullet.com/geologo/

Vern / Foothills Drifter...

Thanks everyone - still no follow up from logo@Groundspeak.com (I actually sent them a query last Tuesday to see if they had received the email from Friday).

The initial design is for use on a pathtag, but I would've thought that might've got a quicker 'no way. no how' response.

I don't want to breech anyone's trademark/copyright laws - think I might go back to the designer and use the public domain logo, will likely be easier in the long run (I'd been looking for details on it but didn't know what to call it - thanks Vern.

Cheers

Moo

Thanks everyone - still no follow up from logo@Groundspeak.com (I actually sent them a query last Tuesday to see if they had received the email from Friday).

The initial design is for use on a pathtag, but I would've thought that might've got a quicker 'no way. no how' response.

I don't want to breech anyone's trademark/copyright laws - think I might go back to the designer and use the public domain logo, will likely be easier in the long run (I'd been looking for details on it but didn't know what to call it - thanks Vern.

Cheers

Moo

You want permission to use a Geocaching.com logo on a product that's in direct competition with the tracking numbers sold by Geocaching.com? Seriously?

I suggest immediately moving on to Plan B.