Geomate r. Update kit

chef8888

I have succdessfully downloaded the program, but when I go to update using the usb port I get the following message. There appears to be a problem with the web site. Then I get exited from the site. ??????? Any suggestion ?

G'day Chef8888

My name is Waz, I work for the company that makes the Geomate.jr. I saw your post and I thought I would jump in to see if I can help. Without knowing too much detail, we have seen some problems with Norton anit-virus and our update software not playing very well together. If you have Norton anitvirus or any other anit-virus or phishing software running, try disabling it before attempting an update.

Let me know how you get on. But rather then turn this forum into a direct support channel, feel free to email directly at warren@apsiphere.com

Cheers

Waz

I have succdessfully downloaded the program, but when I go to update using the usb port I get the following message. There appears to be a problem with the web site. Then I get exited from the site. ??????? Any suggestion ?

Hi. I'm not a very tech savvy person, but I experienced a problem and I'll share my solution to see if it will help with your predicament. Everytime I tried to update it kept crashing my Internet Explorer which would restart, and then the update site would recrash IE again, and it would restart IE again, then crash IE again, etc., etc., etc.. Basically it kept getting stuck in a never ending loop of crashes and restarts.

What I ended up doing was following the instructions on the update site (I think it was in the FAQ section) for how to use Firefox as my web browser. By following those instructions and using Firefox for my web browser I can now use the update site without it crashing my web browser.

If that does not help you post a reply here saying you still need help and I'll be happy to send you Warren's (the company's rep that answers lots of questions on this forum) E-Mail address and I'm sure either him or one of his associates will be happy to help you find a solution to your problem.

Good luck! :)

Edit to add: I see Waz popped in while I was typing. He'll get you fixed up! :)

Edited by Michigan Cacheman