NEW SYSTEM ROLL-OUT DATE

geoaware

Due to the tight schedule of Groundspeak’s dev team, a change has been made to our schedule for the roll out of the new system.

EarthCaches submissions will now be accepted in the new system starting the week of Dec 15, 2009.

We are sorry for the delay, but want to make sure the system is complete before submissions take place.

The EarthCache Team and Groundspeak.

Looks like today is not the day. Bummer.

We were thinking the same thing. Want to hide our first E-cache soon.

Due to the tight schedule of Groundspeak’s dev team, a change has been made to our schedule for the roll out of the new system.

EarthCaches submissions will now be accepted in the new system starting the week of Dec 15, 2009.

We are sorry for the delay, but want to make sure the system is complete before submissions take place.

I hope that this delay isn't causing a backlog of entries. I know I have a couple ready to post, just waiting on the word to go.

No frustrations being exhibited here. We only wanted an update while patiently waiting for the new system! We didn't need the how or why, we just want to know when. Heck, if it is necessary, Groundspeak can and should another month to do it right. Thanks. B)

I guess it is not today either. Bummer.

How can anyone diagnose our fruatrations or that we even have them? Yeah, it's a bummer but what are ya gonna do? One thing, don't get frustrated or you will be referred to Dr. Phil. Just wait! :anibad:

Iwas so depressed today - I just started working on a new EarthCache!!! So going to test the new system with another one - rather than giving it a bit of a rest in day 1 :laughing::P

I hope that this delay isn't causing a backlog of entries. I know I have a couple ready to post, just waiting on the word to go.

So, I got hooked on geocaching last April. In Hawai'i, I hit the first earthcache. Then I was really hooked on the geology aspect. I was really intrigued and set a goal of obtaining platinum level as quickly as I could. Beacuse I travel a lot for work and pleasure, I was able to wrap up the 20 earthcache requirement last month. But, aaargh, I cannot sunmit the earthcaches that I have developed and have permissions for. So, for me the wait is all that more frustrating. Oh well, "patience is a virtue hard to come by."

A quick question - have all submitted EC's on the old system been published or rejected? Anyone still waiitng? BTW: All mine were published.

Nope - I still have one that I submitted in October that has not been published [or rejected yet that I know of]. I submitted 2 on the same date. I received an e-mail to say there was a backlog and they would be receiving attention. Later 1 was published but I have since heard zip of the other one. I am still hoping that it will be published under the old backlog.

It seems to be working now, I just saw the "Earthcache" type in the submission (and a few other changes, too :-) )

Thanks for all the efforts to the GS&EC team!

You must have a different feed than what I have. My submission form on gc.com still looks that same and there is NO EarthCache mentioned at all. Please post the link for us all to see.

Thanks.

Got the same link and it is not working anymre ... after some server errors (500) the site is like it was before, without the "Earthcache". I guess the update was reverted ... There was also a third checkbox differentiating further between caches that should still be edited before golive. Gee, I should have been quick with my posting while it was online :)

I just checked and didnt see anything that mentions Earthcache for a listing.

It seems to be working now, I just saw the "Earthcache" type in the submission (and a few other changes, too :-) )

Thanks for all the efforts to the GS&EC team!

You must have a different feed than what I have. My submission form on gc.com still looks that same and there is NO EarthCache mentioned at all. Please post the link for us all to see.

Thanks.

Got the same link and it is not working anymre ... after some server errors (500) the site is like it was before, without the "Earthcache". I guess the update was reverted ... There was also a third checkbox differentiating further between caches that should still be edited before golive. Gee, I should have been quick with my posting while it was online :)

Well done

Seems like you were the first cacher to see the new system!

I'm gonna go run about 5 miles. Let us know if anything new surfaces :) .

Well done

Seems like you were the first cacher to see the new system!

No changes as of Monday, 11 Jan, 8:15 MST. Waiting anxiously......

No changes as of Monday, 11 Jan, 8:15 MST. Waiting anxiously......

:) Bummer :)

Any idea why they don't keep the old system open as long as the new one did not work?

I think because the old system was "manual" and the new system roll out has probably taken a few weeks longer than expected (as per normal ramp up / teething issues). So the gap was longer than expected.

But I am just surmising.

I am confident that they are working full steam in the back office.

I think because the old system was "manual" and the new system roll out has probably taken a few weeks longer than expected (as per normal ramp up / teething issues). So the gap was longer than expected.

But I am just surmising.

It's middle of January now. Oh well... :D

At least it gives us some time to work on a new Qatar Earthcache. You read that, Cincol? :)

Hopefully by the time I get to Qatar this year the new EC system will be working :huh:

But I am just surmising.

It's middle of January now. Oh well... :D

At least it gives us some time to work on a new Qatar Earthcache. You read that, Cincol? :)

Thank you, everyone, for your generous patience as Groundspeak took a wee bit of time :grin: in rolling out this particular code release.

Now that it is out and live, I will close this thread. Feel free to start new relevant threads about any new questions that you find or to rave about how pretty the site looks.

OpinioNate has posted his complete Release Notes in another forum section.