NEW SYSTEM ROLL-OUT DATE

geoaware

Due to the tight schedule of Groundspeak’s dev team, a change has been made to our schedule for the roll out of the new system.

EarthCaches submissions will now be accepted in the new system starting the week of Dec 15, 2009.

We are sorry for the delay, but want to make sure the system is complete before submissions take place.

The EarthCache Team and Groundspeak.

Due to the tight schedule of Groundspeak’s dev team, a change has been made to our schedule for the roll out of the new system.

EarthCaches submissions will now be accepted in the new system starting the week of Dec 15, 2009.

We are sorry for the delay, but want to make sure the system is complete before submissions take place.

Thanks for the info but what happens with submissions in the mean time? Should we just hold them 'til the 15th? Thanks again.

Submissions are now closed on earthcache.org and will open in the new system in the week of 15 Dec. We realize that this is a two week hiatus in accepting submissions. Developers just need to wait till the new system opens, then submit when it is live.

We are sorry for the delay.

Submissions are now closed on earthcache.org and will open in the new system in the week of 15 Dec. We realize that this is a two week hiatus in accepting submissions. Developers just need to wait till the new system opens, then submit when it is live.

Does that mean that all submissions already in will be approved/published during this hiatus then? Just asking.

Does that mean that all submissions already in will be approved/published during this hiatus then? Just asking.

Yes. If we find a submission requires a complete rewrite, then the CO will be asked to resubmit in the new system. All others will be processed ASAP.

Does this mean local reviewers are responsible for the listings?

Jan

Update 12/11/2009:

Due to the tight schedule of Groundspeak’s development team, a change has been made to our schedule for the roll out of the new system. EarthCaches submissions will now be accepted in the new system starting the first week of the new year (2010). We are sorry for the delay, but want to make sure the system is complete before submissions take place.

The submission process on this site is now closed pending the roll out of the new system.

Edited by Thoto

Is the December 15th date a no go now?

Update 12/11/2009:

Due to the tight schedule of Groundspeak’s development team, a change has been made to our schedule for the roll out of the new system. EarthCaches submissions will now be accepted in the new system starting the first week of the new year (2010). We are sorry for the delay, but want to make sure the system is complete before submissions take place.

The submission process on this site is now closed pending the roll out of the new system.

Groundspeak had to change the roll out date for the entire code release and so this has necessarily also affected the roll out of the EC changes. We are using one same system (which is the whole point of the changes) so one goes hand-in-hand with the other.

Sorry to disappoint you guys. Hopefully, the added wait time simply increases the joy you'll get once the system is re-opened!

Groundspeak had to change the roll out date for the entire code release and so this has necessarily also affected the roll out of the EC changes. We are using one same system (which is the whole point of the changes) so one goes hand-in-hand with the other.

Sorry to disappoint you guys. Hopefully, the added wait time simply increases the joy you'll get once the system is re-opened!

I'm sure we will enjoy the new system. Heck, we have been listened to by you guys so our faith barometer is at an all time high!

Thanks. :laughing:

Bring it on!!! And I hope we can test that "maximum load" facility of yours as we flood GS with EC proposals and give the new reviewers a tester.

We finally have all the info gathered for our first Earthcache and can't wait to use the new system. Or for us the "only" system.

I am sure it will as high quality as all the other work that the Lackeys do on a daily basis.

Happy Holidays

Same here, I started back in November getting things situated, only to find out the old system was going down at the end of the month. So, I figured I wouldn't try to rush at the last minute and just wait till the new system gets going.

The code release you refer to, is it one of the regular updates, or the oft referred to new version of the site?

The exact date wasn't given, but the change is to the first week of the new year of 2010.

Hope gc.com will finish development soon. Yesterday I saw that a traditional cache was published at "my" EC-coordinates. :laughing: Some information are contained in the listing that I asked for in my EC tasks. So I reworked my listing and hopefully I get my EC listing published anyway (proximity).

Hope gc.com will finish development soon. Yesterday I saw that a traditional cache was published at "my" EC-coordinates. :surprise: Some information are contained in the listing that I asked for in my EC tasks. So I reworked my listing and hopefully I get my EC listing published anyway (proximity).

Proximity for an Earthcache?? Should I re-read guidelines? :laughing:

Well, that week is far over now. Any idea when the process really will start?

As I just saw there is a quote that it will be the first week in 2010. No idea where that came from....

Regards

Andreas from Germany

Edited by akohout

As I just saw there is a quote that it will be the first week in 2010.

That is what I've heard as well. I imagine that many of the website Dev's are on a Holiday break and that updates will probably be put in place, like the Earthcache submission part, early in the new year.

Sigh....patience :)

I suppose you can always write them up and leave them Disabled until the needed features are added, and then submit them after the updates.

That is what I've heard as well. I imagine that many of the website Dev's are on a Holiday break and that updates will probably be put in place, like the Earthcache submission part, early in the new year.

Sigh....patience :rolleyes:

I suppose you can always write them up and leave them Disabled until the needed features are added, and then submit them after the updates.

This is what that is posted on GSA's EarthCache page:

"NEWS UPDATE

The EarthCache Team and Groundspeak"

I hope this helps. :D

That is what I've heard as well. ...

Hello,

I've got following information regarding new system start from "earthcache.org":

"The date for submitting EarthCaches has been pushed back to the 1st of

January. Please keep your proposal until that time.

Geoaware"

I could'nt belive that someone want to do the changes at new years day and now we've weekend.

So I think / hope the new system will be started on monday or tuesday because I've two new earthcaches

waiting to be listed...

Greets, Hannibal

Hope gc.com will finish development soon. Yesterday I saw that a traditional cache was published at "my" EC-coordinates. :rolleyes: Some information are contained in the listing that I asked for in my EC tasks. So I reworked my listing and hopefully I get my EC listing published anyway (proximity).

Hi,

may be you can e-mail the owner and ask him to delete the answers to your questions from his listing. I've

seen quite often that an earthcache is "linked" with a regular or multi cache and sometimes they are even refer

to each other (see GCQZW6 and GC1V3X5 or GCYQ1M and GC1A9F2). And I personally like that and I'm even

especially searching for such places because you can visit the earthcache location and search for another one

too what is more interesting for our kids than just looking some stones....

Regards, Hannibal

Have they pushed the date back again :rolleyes:

ive had my EC sat waiting with all the details and questons to answer in place since the day they stopped taking it on the old system, teach me for having a relaxing day befor, (it was the ill do it tommorrow day) and dint realise they were stopping them on that system (this is my first attempt at an EC)

It's now the first week of the year and we would appreciate an update on the roll-out date of the new process. Thanks. :anibad:

Historically speaking, Wednesdays and Thursdays are most popular (last year) for new code roll out. But I wouldn't look for any official confirmation beyond what the EC.org website says (1st week of the New Year). It just doesn't work that way.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

It's now the first week of the year and we would appreciate an update on the roll-out date of the new process. Thanks. :anibad:

Historically speaking, Wednesdays and Thursdays are most popular (last year) for new code roll out. But I wouldn't look for any official confirmation beyond what the EC.org website says (1st week of the New Year). It just doesn't work that way.

Deane

Thanks. At least that's something. :anibad:

Deane

Thanks. At least that's something. :)

Of course, it could be Tuesday. :anibad: I think there was once it happened last year.

Deane

Thanks. At least that's something. :)

Of course, it could be Tuesday. :anibad: I think there was once it happened last year.

Thanks again! There isn't a Leap Year day this year is there? :D

I used to think Geoaware was slow but with the agonizing progress Groundspeak has been demonstrating in bringing their team onboard Geoaware is looked more and more like one hour service.

I'm disappointed. :unsure:

It might help the frustration level if I reminded waiting earthcache submitters that there are many other bug fixes and site improvements scheduled as part of the same release. When you see the release notes (hopefully not too many days from now), you will see one line item saying something like "Included earthcaches into regular cache submission process," along with dozens of other line items. Each of those line items needs to be built and tested by the dev team. For example, if an improvement to the mapping features isn't working right, then the whole release can be delayed.

We are not frustrated, just ready to get to work :D !

It might help the frustration level if I reminded waiting earthcache submitters that there are many other bug fixes and site improvements scheduled as part of the same release. When you see the release notes (hopefully not too many days from now), you will see one line item saying something like "Included earthcaches into regular cache submission process," along with dozens of other line items. Each of those line items needs to be built and tested by the dev team. For example, if an improvement to the mapping features isn't working right, then the whole release can be delayed.

Thanks for the update Keystone.

Just a whole bunch of keen Earthcachers here champing at the bit to get the new system it's go live "work out" :D

Good luck with ironing out all the issues.

We trust the EC side of things is going well - and not causing undue stress :D

No frustrations being exhibited here. We only wanted an update while patiently waiting for the new system! We didn't need the how or why, we just want to know when. Heck, if it is necessary, Groundspeak can and should another month to do it right. Thanks. :rolleyes:

I guess it is not today either. Bummer.

No frustrations being exhibited here. We only wanted an update while patiently waiting for the new system! We didn't need the how or why, we just want to know when. Heck, if it is necessary, Groundspeak can and should another month to do it right. Thanks. :D

I guess it is not today either. Bummer.

How can anyone diagnose our fruatrations or that we even have them? Yeah, it's a bummer but what are ya gonna do? One thing, don't get frustrated or you will be referred to Dr. Phil. Just wait! :rolleyes:

Looks like today is not the day. Bummer.