Android Geocaching application

geos715

Hi Guys,

I've been off in the Android world (T-Mobile G1) making a small geocaching app work. I been developing various geocaching/Wherigo type applications for a while and have looked at a number of platforms and have ported some of my code to a few with goal of running a Wherigo type on them. Recently, I noticed that the Android supports LUA and Google's version of java. Is it possible someone has looked at Wherigo for the Android?

Regards,

Tom Birchmire

You'll want to talk to matejcik about this. He has been developing an application (OpenWIG) to work on Java-enabled cell phones. Also, check out this thread; it contains some information that would be helpful.

I would advise asking Groundspeak for approval before you begin trying to make a Wherigo Player Android port. You'll need their approval to post a third-party app on their forums (and, as the Wherigo forum moderator, I'll need to be notified of this). matejcik already went through this process.