A cool TB story

JohnnyRotten

Back in November of 2005, I released a Travel Bug called "Carry That Weight." It was a 1 ounce fishing weight connected to the dog tag. In the description on the TB page, it said that the TB was born of the Beatles "Abbey Road" era, and would love to somehow make it over to Abbey Road. Some time after it's release, I kind of got away from geocaching. I got really busy with my business, and just didn't have the energy to get out much. I did maintain my premium membership though. Two nights ago, I went online and just for laughs I thought that I would look at Geocaching.com and then I looked at my profile, etc. When I started looking at my travel bugs, I noticed that Carry That Weight had over 13,000 miles on it. Not that the mileage was a record or anything, but it was the farthest traveled of any of my TB's.

As I started looking at it, I noticed that there were some photos that Cachers had attached, and then I realized what I was looking at. There was a picture of a Cacher (redirected male) holding up the TB, in the crosswalk ON ABBEY ROAD!!!! All that was missing, was the VW with the "28IF" license plate. It literally sent shivers up my spine. Thank you ever so much to redirected male and the other cachers who made this incredible journey possible. To say the least, it made my day. It was truly a dream realized. I never thought that I would be jealous of one of my own travel bugs, but I guess I am. :unsure:

I'm glad to know that you "checked in" to your account and were able to see the successful mission. :unsure:

I often look at the TBs that pass through our hands to see what mileages they have gathered. Often the older ones have owners that appear to be no longer active, yet those TBs are still travelling safely, wandering the world, doing their best to follow their mission statements and the owners have lost interest. It's great to see such bugs still moving!

Soooo... Does yours get a new mission now? :unsure:

MrsB

That is so cool :unsure: I have two travelbugs that I am going to place in Florida at Xmas time as race cars. I am going to have the goal to race them home to Rhode Island and then from there I will ask to have them circumnavigate the globe. I hope that I get the success that you did. :unsure:

Back in November of 2005, I released a Travel Bug called "Carry That Weight." It was a 1 ounce fishing weight connected to the dog tag. In the description on the TB page, it said that the TB was born of the Beatles "Abbey Road" era, and would love to somehow make it over to Abbey Road. Some time after it's release, I kind of got away from geocaching. I got really busy with my business, and just didn't have the energy to get out much. I did maintain my premium membership though. Two nights ago, I went online and just for laughs I thought that I would look at Geocaching.com and then I looked at my profile, etc. When I started looking at my travel bugs, I noticed that Carry That Weight had over 13,000 miles on it. Not that the mileage was a record or anything, but it was the farthest traveled of any of my TB's.

As I started looking at it, I noticed that there were some photos that Cachers had attached, and then I realized what I was looking at. There was a picture of a Cacher (redirected male) holding up the TB, in the crosswalk ON ABBEY ROAD!!!! All that was missing, was the VW with the "28IF" license plate. It literally sent shivers up my spine. Thank you ever so much to redirected male and the other cachers who made this incredible journey possible. To say the least, it made my day. It was truly a dream realized. I never thought that I would be jealous of one of my own travel bugs, but I guess I am. :D

Carry That Weight TB:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...ba-c98142417836

======================================================

5dfd8401-d671-474e-bb3e-f68fbcc1215d.jpg

"...(redirected male) holding up the TB, in the crosswalk ON ABBEY ROAD!!!!"

2 spaces between sentences, brainiac.

:):):D

Edited by Bluehook

As I started looking at it, I noticed that there were some photos that Cachers had attached, and then I realized what I was looking at. There was a picture of a Cacher (redirected male) holding up the TB, in the crosswalk ON ABBEY ROAD!!!! All that was missing, was the VW with the "28IF" license plate. It literally sent shivers up my spine. Thank you ever so much to redirected male and the other cachers who made this incredible journey possible. To say the least, it made my day. It was truly a dream realized. I never thought that I would be jealous of one of my own travel bugs, but I guess I am. :)

That's awesome! Now you need to update the mission :) Great photos!