Name Received: 12/07/09

Coin Sent: 12/10/09

Coin Received: YEP

Mission 2

E-mail sent: 12/01/09

The first mail was from Penny and Kona. A very nice card with a lovely picture and a very nice Saskatchewan 2008 coin. :(

c06e1621-1d37-4b07-ac18-2ba2556d3184.jpg

The second mail was from UF-Gatogirl. He ho he ho :D , Kristin knows that I like animals and Alaska coins :) I got a beautiful Cache Eagle!

faa130a2-04bf-45bf-b40c-6c569e8882f4.jpg

I am so happy with these new coins

Thank you very much and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all of you.

Loves, Marjon

Mission 1: Murphyrulez

E-mail sent: 11/29/09

Coin Sent: 12/10/2009

Coin Received: YES YES

Mission 2: Zander G

Coin Received: NOT YET! :D

Got home today finally and opened my mail!!! Received my mission!! Thank you! I love the lobster, and my wife loves to eat lobster! The pathtag was a special bonus, I have just started trading for those, so it was a welcome sight... :(

qAbQK.jpg

I too like the simplicity of this mission, I can handle one for one.....I haven't been on the geocoin forums much so pretty much anything in the last year would be cool for me.....

I signed up for 3 missions...

MISSION # 1

E-mail sent: 11/30/09

Name Received: 12/7/09

Coin Sent: 12/12/09

Coin Received: 12/8/09

Mission # 2

Coin Received:

Mission # 3

Coin Received:

I do like to update as I receive, just a note to those watching/possibly wondering....I have been out of town since the 18th, I will update when I get home.....I had only received one to date, when I left.

I also see that one that I sent hasn't been received, I will be watching this thread closely, to see if they receive it as well.

Happy Holidays....

Mission 1 drneal

Name Received: 12-7-09

Coin Sent: 12-7-09

Coin Received: 12-16-09

recieved not one, but 2 coins from santa today...thank you santa!

Mission 2 myheine

Name Received: 12-7-09

Coin Sent: 12-7-09

Coin Received: 12-23-09

Myheine was very excited to get his mission today. Thank you Santa Paws!

IMG_NEW-6-2.jpg

ILYK

edited to add, yes, I dumped all the glittery stuff on my floor...made me laugh, and that doesn't happen much this time of year!

Edited by drneal

I'm a little worried, as one of the missions I sent hasn't been received. Or at least, they haven't posted that they received it. :D It should have been there LONG before now. :mad:

Me too; it was going pretty far but it should have been there by now :mad:

Mine wasn't going that far at all, and the other one I sent at the same time, even the Secret Santa mission, have both been received. All three were sent at the same time, and staying in the States. :mad:

For my granddaughter - MsAmara

Name Received: 12/7/09 - Research Completed and the coin chosen. We hope recipient will be pleased!

Something which would be a tradition from our State and lauded Worldwide as something very good!

Coin Sent: Ready for the mail tomorrow and will be sent with delivery confirmation Number USPS 03081400000073959191 - now, who is curious to watch?! LOL Coin received ~ photographed and acknowledged here. Glad you liked it!

Coin Received: Not YET and our PO closes at Noon. But the best things in life are worth waiting for..............

Everyone enjoy the magic of these next few days! Stay Safe!

Coin Received: 12/23/09

I received a beautiful Edinburgh coin from roolku. I searched on Wikipedia to learn more about that city and the castle that is showned on the coin. Still can't figure out what is on the back side though :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot Robert!

Merry Christmas !!!

:ph34r:

Mission 1

Mission 2

The first mail was from Penny and Kona. A very nice card with a lovely picture and a very nice Saskatchewan 2008 coin. :o

c06e1621-1d37-4b07-ac18-2ba2556d3184.jpg

The second mail was from UF-Gatogirl. He ho he ho :rolleyes: , Kristin knows that I like animals and Alaska coins :D I got a beautiful Cache Eagle!

faa130a2-04bf-45bf-b40c-6c569e8882f4.jpg

I am so happy with these new coins

Thank you very much and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all of you.

Loves, Marjon

so glad you like the coin and that it got to you before christmas..... :ph34r:

Hi Zander,

I send your Christmas surprise on 12 december in a bubble envelop. I hope it is not lost in the mail.

Fingers cross.

Mail came today -

Coin Received: NOT YET!

We'll keep looking and keep our fingers crossed, it didn't come today. :rolleyes:

E-mail sent: 12/03/09

Name Received: Yep

Coin Sent: Sent 12/17/09, DC shows it as delivered yesterday but the recipient is out of town until after Christmas. :rolleyes:

Coin Received: Nope, not yet. Something to look forward to during the after Christmas slump!

Don't worry...it's definetly on it's way :ph34r:

An update by me:

email sent/received: :)

Coin sent: yes

coin received: yes!

Thank you so much Write Shop Robert! I received a Geocoinfest 2009 Attendees only version Coin and a Geocoinfest 2009 pathtag.So cool! The letter arrived on Christmas. Thanks a lot! :o;):D I am very happy that so many people joined that mission and it turned out so great!!! :D

Need to pipe in that I did recieve my card and mission the other day, but it has been very hectic around the house recently (and now I am out of town). I know that it was a red lobster coin, which I really love because it is a sea creature. I am at the moment drawing a blank on who it was from.

I want to thank my sender, it is great, and was a nice break from some of the hectic.

Name Received: 7 Dec 09

Coin Sent: 23 Dec 09 to The Netherlands

Coin Received: 18 Dec 09ish

My apologies for sending this mission off so late. I was delayed in leaving Iraq for 2 weeks and had a mad scramble trying to get ready for Christmas once I got home.

When I arrived home I found a packet with a very cool lenticular musical card and a Holland America Line Geocoin in it! The reverse of the coin is like a ship's throttle with a moving speed indicator.

That's why I like missions: no matter how many coins I've seen, I frequently end up with cool stuff I never knew about! :)

Here's a photo.

60e620a8-c9dd-455d-a649-2edffb2d6ccd.jpg

Thanks for the mission, and sorry for being so late.

I just got home and had to rip into my one coin mission! Thanks so much sunsetmeadowlark!!!

So first I opened up the package and I was wondering why it was so squishy. Well inside the card was wrapped by a geocaching towel! It is so neat!! It feels like one of those super absorbent towels.

onecoin1.jpg

Inside was the card and a coin and a pathtag! I really wanted one of the Best Friend coins, so I was ecstatic that there was one included!!

onecoin2.jpg

Thanks for a lovely package to come home to!

I'm glad to see that my outgoing mission has arrived. I've done a LOT of trades recently, and have been getting my mail in weekly batches. Many of the coins coming in have no indication of whether they are trades, gifts or the mission, so I'm unsure if one of them was for this mission(several of them have had one Coin and a Card, Haha. The last batch of mail was retreived on Christmas Eve, and I don't know now how long before I will get back to the PO box. Thank you for hosting the mission. I'm glad to see that you like the one I sent!!

Have all missions been accounted for yet?

Coin Sent: & Coin received ~ photographed and acknowledged here. Glad you liked it!

Coin Received: Not YET Anxiously waiting as Amara loves make and goes to the PO with us. Our last day having Amara go to the post office with us every day is 12/31 ;-(

Perhaps it is coming for a long ways away. Holiday mail has been slow. We do understand.

Coin Sent: & Coin received ~ photographed and acknowledged here. Glad you liked it!

Coin Received: Not YET Anxiously waiting as Amara loves make and goes to the PO with us. Our last day having Amara go to the post office with us every day is 12/31 ;-(

Perhaps it is coming for a long ways away. Holiday mail has been slow. We do understand.

I am not in this mission but I do know that Amaras coin was sent out from far away and a little too late for the holidays so it should be there anyday soon now. Has a long way to travel in the slow holidaymail.

Happy New Year!

grodan Karin

I am not in this mission but I do know that Amaras coin was sent out from far away and a little too late for the holidays so it should be there anyday soon now. Has a long way to travel in the slow holidaymail.

Happy New Year!

grodan Karin

Thank you for looking into your crystal ball and providing that information. The best things in life are worth waiting for! Mail can be very slow and I do understand. Just was a wee bit worried.

Happy New Year!

Hollora

I too like the simplicity of this mission, I can handle one for one.....I haven't been on the geocoin forums much so pretty much anything in the last year would be cool for me.....

I signed up for 3 missions...

MISSION # 1

Coin Received: 12/8/09

Mission # 2

Coin Received:

Mission # 3

Coin Received:

I do like to update as I receive, just a note to those watching/possibly wondering....I have been out of town since the 18th, I will update when I get home.....I had only received one to date, when I left.

I also see that one that I sent hasn't been received, I will be watching this thread closely, to see if they receive it as well.

Happy Holidays....

ALL coins arrived safe and sound, the neighbors brought them over last night...Benchmark, Civil War #9 (+extras), and Bejiing Observatory...AWESOME

Hi Zander,

I send your Christmas surprise on 12 december in a bubble envelop. I hope it is not lost in the mail.

Fingers cross.

Mail came today -

Coin Received: 1-2-10 YES!!!

It came!!!! Thank you, he LOVES the coin, we have never seen that one before!!! :anibad:

5KEVa.jpg

Edited by murphyrulez

Our 3rd mission arrived when i was away to Hungary.

Returned yesterday and now opening all my mail.

Thank you SIX Little spookies for you nice card and coin.

Allways wanted to be a sheriff :anibad:

Also like the Australian penny with the kangaroo.

3rdmission.jpg

We are still waiting to hear wether our 3rd mission arrived at the other side of the ocean.

Great to hear the coin has arrived and Zander did like it.

Not easy to find a coin for a little geocacher :)

Hi Zander,

Fingers cross.

Mail came today -

Coin Received: 1-2-10 YES!!!

It came!!!! Thank you, he LOVES the coin, we have never seen that one before!!! :P

5KEVa.jpg

I received a beautiful Edinburgh coin from roolku. I searched on Wikipedia to learn more about that city and the castle that is showned on the coin. Still can't figure out what is on the back side though :unsure:

I am glad you liked the coin. :D

On the back you can see the Forth Rail Bridge. It features for example in Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps if you have ever watched that.

Thanks for the info! I never saw the movie but should I see it one day, I will be watching for the bridge :D

I'd like to join in.....been away from the forums for a bit and haven't done any missions in eons!

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in posting...

I did receive my really cool Christmas Compass rose and really quickly too. Thank you whomever you are!!!!

I did send out my coin and hopefully you got it before Christmas! I had to be unexpectedly away for a week before the holidays so things were a bit nuts this year, but I sure hope you liked your coin!!!! I didn't forget you, I was just a little slow!!!

This was fun!

Sonya

KrazyTrollz

I am so sorry this took me so long to post! Real life keeps getting in the way and I haven't been on the forums much. I received a lovely card and stunning coin last week from Dark Elf. The coin is the Dark Elf personal .Pure Color Travel in one of my favorite color combos, red & black nickel. It's really eye catching! Thank you so much Dark Elf for a great mission and my apologies to you for not posting this sooner!

DSCN0740.jpg

QUOTE(grodan & fiabus @ Dec 29 2009, 10:30 PM)

QUOTE(hollora @ Dec 30 2009, 02:26 AM)

Happy New Year!

grodan Karin

Thank you for looking into your crystal ball and providing that information. The best things in life are worth waiting for! Mail can be very slow and I do understand. Just was a wee bit worried.

Happy New Year!

Hollora"

And the wait continues but we are patient. Just posting so the mission host knows the status.

Happy New Year!

grodan Karin

Well, Amara's mission has never arrived I appreciate grodan Karin's post to keep us informed but the mission person has never been in touch (an email would have been nice - or a post). Just a bit sad someone else had to say it was on its way.

The package has never been received. And, I might add I have never had a problem with International mail before. I have no idea when the package was mailed.

I sent package mail to Sweden myself for the holiday and the post was there within a month. It has been a month past Christmas now.

Glad Amara is little enough to not realize there is a package she has not received. To the mission sender - do not bother to mail another - but please contact me with the details of what you sent, the type of post (packaging and any detail you may know off a customs slip) so I may be in touch with the US Postal Service and customs (?) about the missing package. Thank you.

Happy New Year!

grodan Karin

Well, Amara's mission has never arrived I appreciate grodan Karin's post to keep us informed but the mission person has never been in touch (an email would have been nice - or a post). Just a bit sad someone else had to say it was on its way.

The package has never been received. And, I might add I have never had a problem with International mail before. I have no idea when the package was mailed.

I sent package mail to Sweden myself for the holiday and the post was there within a month. It has been a month past Christmas now.

Glad Amara is little enough to not realize there is a package she has not received. To the mission sender - do not bother to mail another - but please contact me with the details of what you sent, the type of post (packaging and any detail you may know off a customs slip) so I may be in touch with the US Postal Service and customs (?) about the missing package. Thank you.

Hi hollora,

You were not my mission person, and I am pretty sure mine did arrive but they didn't bother to post............I know how you feel :) No more missions for me for a while.................

Happy New Year!

grodan Karin

E-mail sent through the profile.

grodan Karin