Grabbing caches from Geocaching Maps screen

hawleyj

Pretty new to all this. Have been playing with Geocaching.com. I have found that (for me) the greatest way to find a group of caches that I would like to download is by using the map screen. I can center it wherever I want to go geocaching and then by using the zoom in/out function show as large or as small an area as I might want to cover with all the caches in the displayed map showing as icons on the map and listed by name at the right. This is just perfect - I can zoom in and out and move the map center around until I have a picture of just what caches I want to download to my GPS.

The problem is that I can't for the life of me see any way to "grab" the displayed caches for downloading. This is really frustrating. I can see just exactly what I want to collect but I can't collect and download them.

Am I missing something? Can't this be done. It seems like such a great feature that I just can't bring myself to believe it doesn't exist. I hope I'm just missing something and someone can tell me how to do this.

I hope I have explained what it is I am trying to do. Right now for example I have the map screen showing an area containing 49 caches. I want to download all those cache files to my GPS. I can't see how to do it.

Help?

Sounds to me what you want to do is easy, as a premium member.

With that membership, you would run a PQ and download it to your GPSr.

There is a way to individually "grab" caches (I dunno if you can do it from the maps), but I have not bothered with, so......... I cannot advise.

Best advice is to go with the premium membership. It's worth it for this reason and more! :angry:

You can "grab" them from the map page but I think you have to be a premium member. Click on the cache you want and a "cartoon word bubble" thingy will appear (I know...I know ..it's a technical term.!). As long as your GPSr is plugged in and compatible all you need to do is click the "send to gps" tag et voila...the cache will load to your unit. Once again though, I think you need to be a premium member.

As stated above, the best way to add caches to your GPSr is to do PQs as a premium member..!!

Edited by dexter-cacher