Great price on Lock n Locks

Opalblade

Not sure if this is today only or through the weekend. Various sets of Lock n Locks are half price at JCPenneys. You can get them in store or online (shipping was 6.95 for two sets). They are advertised as being both airtight and watertight. I've been having fun experimenting with different spray paints (for plastic) on containers like these. My favorite look is a green or bronze spray paint with a textured stone spray paint (or two) over it in gray or brown.

Lock n Lock sets half price at JCPenneys

****I ended up ordering two sets and found the free shipping code JOY2UNME on my way to checkout. The ten dollar off one (posted later in thread) is a bit better of course. In store the price is $25 (had dad check when he was at the mall).

Edited by Opalblade

Not sure if this is today only or through the weekend. Various sets of Lock n Locks are half price at JCPenneys. You can get them in store or online (shipping was 6.95 for two sets). They are advertised as being both airtight and watertight. I've been having fun experimenting with different spray paints (for plastic) on containers like these. My favorite look is a green or bronze spray paint with a textured stone spray paint (or two) over it in gray or brown.

Hmm. I missed that in their ad. I was kinda drowsy though, 5:15 AM. Got a nice pair of pants for $15 though. :lol:

I ordered them a couple days ago and in the promo code I used GR8VALUE and thats good for $10 off a $10 or more purchase (dont know if its still valid). I got the 16 piece set for 1/2 off @ 19.99 - the extra $10 = 9.99 + shipping cost me right at $17.

I'm amazed at how many there are in my kitchen these days. They just keep creeping outa the geocaching supplies and into the kitchen storage. Weird.

And into the kayaks, too. Being able to get a loop of braided nylon through the tab so they'll attach is perfect. Not only will they keep a camera dry, they'll stay with the boat should I manage to capsize it.

They hang in a tree a lot like a decon too. And most people seem to understand how to close a lock and lock (not that they'll always clear the seal of bits o' baggie).

And most people seem to understand how to close a lock and lock

On two occasions now, I've found lock'n'lock caches with the lid on the wrong way up, seal facing outwards. You have to bend the flaps back some way, but it can be done. :D

I have to admit that the first time I had an ammo can lid slide off while I was handling it I had a brief flash of fear that I wouldn't figure out how to get it back on!

Just wanted to post that these sets are still on sale at J.C. Penney's. I picked up another set last night since the first set never left the kitchen.

Got my shipment not long ago. Two sets. The largest one is nice, about ammo box size, complete with a built in handle. I've already painted up most of them and hidden two.