would like to know how to build a Wherigo...

smstext

I expect im not the only one with this question, but how do i start building a Wherigo cartridge? what do i need and how long would i expect the project to last?

many thanks in advance.

simplest is to use the wizzard 2nd pulldown in the builder, Set a name starting locations and 3 streets. You can easy change these coodinates later by delete 4 times ,set coordinates and generate points. This is a small trip with 3 zones were you pick up coins. The continue to add media small pictures 320*320 and replace the figures in the wizzard. Save and create cartridge to your maschine.Keep all pictures and files in one folder and copy the whole folder ton a backup place every tine it works well, Good luck

Yes, looking at the tutorial would be a good place to start building your cartridge. However, I would suggest taking a step back. Before you do anything on your computer, spend some time thinking through your idea from start to finish. Look at it from the perspective of someone playing through the cartridge. Make sure you keep your idea fun, entertaining, and fresh without overdoing the number of places to visit or the complexity for what you want to do. Once you know what you want to do, you can then look at the tutorial or ask the forum for ways to bring it to life.

How long will it take? That's a difficult question to answer. It depends upon what you're doing. You'll have to visit every place you'll send people and get some good, reliable coordinates and, perhaps, pictures to use in the cartridge. You could spend an hour or more there. Writing the cartridge could take an hour for something simple (and you know how to use the Builder to make the cartridge) to several. It took me around three or four hours to make one of my simple cartridges--all the way from cache placement to testing and publication.

Backing up what you've done is also a good idea. Even if you know what you're doing, there are times when you could mess up or the Builder could "eat" your cartridge. I would also suggest using the emulator to test what you've written every now and then during the cartridge creation process. It might save you some trouble later on.

Have fun! If you need any help, feel free to ask the forum.

sorry for the late reply i lost where i posted this thread and couldnt see it. I will take a look and try and have a go at making one as my area in Oxfordshire, uk seems to lack any Wherigo's which is a pity as if i could try a few i could then get an idea how to make a good one, instead ill have to get bored with the demo one and go from there.

thanks again and i will let you all know how i get on.

sorry for the late reply i lost where i posted this thread and couldnt see it. I will take a look and try and have a go at making one as my area in Oxfordshire, uk seems to lack any Wherigo's which is a pity as if i could try a few i could then get an idea how to make a good one, instead ill have to get bored with the demo one and go from there.

thanks again and i will let you all know how i get on.

You could always try mine - a bit South of you!