Delft Blaauw coin in the making

User4567844

Just received an email from Delf Blue Series;

Dear all,

You wouldn't believe it but the end is in sight; this weekend we finally "fill the envelopes" and drop them all of at the postoffice on Monday or Tuesday (if all goes well ;-)

This year the coins are going to:

- The Netherlands

- Germany

- Portugal 1x

- Czech Republic 1x

- New Zealand 1x

- United States

Because quite a few people prefer the same serial number(s), we were able to grant 65% of your requests.

Please inform us (via Twitter or mail) as soon as you receive your coin in a good condition.

PS. This 4th series has taken quite some time and energy compared to the previous series. You should know that we still find it a lot of fun to do these small projects, but our lives have changed over the last years. For our next project we'll try to adapt our planning to our current life and prevent, attempting your patience like we did this time. Thank you all very much for the 4th time!

Best regards,

Johan a.k.a. ZAteam

Bastiaan a.k.a. Landcruiser Team

So the coins are coming :D

Dear all,

You wouldn't believe it but the end is in sight; this weekend we finally "fill the envelopes" and drop them all of at the postoffice on Monday or Tuesday (if all goes well ;-)

- The Netherlands

- Germany

- Portugal 1x

- Czech Republic 1x

- New Zealand 1x

- United States

Because quite a few people prefer the same serial number(s), we were able to grant 65% of your requests.

Please inform us (via Twitter or mail) as soon as you receive your coin in a good condition.

PS. This 4th series has taken quite some time and energy compared to the previous series. You should know that we still find it a lot of fun to do these small projects, but our lives have changed over the last years. For our next project we'll try to adapt our planning to our current life and prevent, attempting your patience like we did this time. Thank you all very much for the 4th time!

Best regards,

Johan a.k.a. ZAteam

There's at least one going to Canada too (not to me though).

And I am VERY interested in that 'next project' comment!! :D

Dear all,

- The Netherlands

- Germany

- Portugal 1x

- Czech Republic 1x

- New Zealand 1x

- United States

Best regards,

Johan a.k.a. ZAteam

There's at least one going to Canada too (not to me though).

And I am VERY interested in that 'next project' comment!! :D

I do believe there are two going to Canada at least.....:grin:

I was a bit worried when I saw the condition of the package: :blink:

IMG_1744.jpg

Looked like someone had slit the envelope open and then taped it half shut again. :o But I could feel something round inside so I was still hopeful. Turns out all was well after all! :) I did not get #30 that I had requested :( but I did get my Tulp. :wub:

CF30

I was a bit worried when I saw the condition of the package: :blink:

IMG_1744.jpg

Looked like someone had slit the envelope open and then taped it half shut again. :o But I could feel something round inside so I was still hopeful. Turns out all was well after all! :) I did not get #30 that I had requested :( but I did get my Tulp. :wub:

CF30

Looks like the Customs had a peek :rolleyes:

Hello , I am the proud owner of two DB coins ( # 33 of the 3rd and 4th series). I live in The Netherlands, the country of their origin <_< .

As I am very curious where the coins of the 1st and 2nd series with this number 33 are , I am looking for mailcontact with the owner(s).

Please send me a PM if you know the owner or are the owner.

It will be great to hear from you! Thanks.

Edited by Lemfisk&Co.

Got mine today and finally the series is completed. I'm very happy to have the bonus coin "Bedankt" (middle) which is not trackable and was handed out to the designers only. I got all coins with no. 99 except the "Klomp" which has no. 41 on it. So if the owner of "Klomp 99" would like to get rid of his coin... B)

007f8b8b-5e91-4557-9c20-a3b810205c29.jpg

Got mine today and finally the series is completed. I'm very happy to have the bonus coin "Bedankt" (middle) which is not trackable and was handed out to the designers only. I got all coins with no. 99 except the "Klomp" which has no. 41 on it. So if the owner of "Klomp 99" would like to get rid of his coin... B)

What is on the reverse of the 'Bedankt' version? The Tulp?

Darn it! Another coin to add to my want list! :D

I have thought about this for a while, but decided to wait until I received my coin. I got it today, and it is beautiful!

BUT... This is the only coin I've got from the series, and the coin doesn't fit very well with my attempt to limit the types of coins that I collect. I sense that there are other members of this forum who are sad that they didn't get to complete their set. For that reason:

I'm offering my Delft Blaauw 'Tulp' for trade. I prefer to trade for something from my seeking list. I realize that my list is quite narrow, and will consider other offers (the list will give you an idea of my style). I'll make my decision sometime next week.

A couple of "Bedankt" coins were made for each of the designs and were handed out to people involved in making the coins, bags and cards. A few also found there way to collectors.

This has been a real nice project and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Till next time...

A couple of "Bedankt" coins were made for each of the designs and were handed out to people involved in making the coins, bags and cards. A few also found there way to collectors.

This has been a real nice project and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Till next time...

How many were made, and do you have any left to trade? ;)