Delft Blaauw coin in the making

User4567844

On a personal note:

Up for sale on eBay, all three Delft Blue coins. All proceeds to go towards paying some medical bills of a friend with cancer. :o

This auction is for three coins:

- one "windmolen"

- one "klomp"

- and one "trapgevel"

These coins are from my own personal collection. Winning bidder may contact me for an additional bonus.

First of all I would like to thank all the people bidding on the coins. It means a lot to me and will certainly help cover some costs.

I´ve been getting questions about the ´bonus´... all I can say at the moment is that the answer is hidden in the item description... :lol:

I'm really grateful for the generous bids on the coins! I'm not going to go into details of the friend in question as this is a private matter(details will be provided to the buyer on request). All I can say is that she is a wondeful person and will absolutely appreciate this donation. THANK YOU

Got mine thanks! :huh: Very nice...

I hope the 4th is a tulip! :D:anicute::anicute:

It can't be anything else, can it? :unsure:

Or maybe one thing: a joint <_<

Ha ha ha, but isn't that primarily centered around a certain city rather than The Netherlands as a whole?

I think a bicycle is also an option. Hmm, maybe it should be a 5-coin set.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Guys, I did have similar concerns about my coin not arriving here in England.

However, it did arrive safely a few days ago, but given that pretty much all of the coins were dispatched by Feb 9th, can only assume that there's perhaps some unusual delay in the post from Holland, as (from experience) post to England from Europe tends to arrive in roughly 4 days.

(However, during this time, I did still receive other coins from both Germany and Switzerland well within a week).

I wouldn't worry too much - I suspect they will arrive within the next few days, given my experience. Well worth waiting for though!

Russ

Hi there all, we are keeping an eye on this. From experience from the previous two sales we know that it can sometimes take fairly long for the packages to arrive in the states. Canada was also a problem. So far we've no lost a singe package(quickly looking around for some wood to knock on :) )

Please post if you receive your package, so other buyers know that packages are still arriving.

Got mine yesterday or today, just checked the PO BOX and it was there. So yeah, three guys from washington have their coins. I love this thing, was expecting it to be bigger for some reason, though I really like how it feels in my hand. Out of curiosity, has a single one of these coins been released into the wild? I would assume the answer is no, but hey, maybe right....

Got mine yesterday or today, just checked the PO BOX and it was there. So yeah, three guys from washington have their coins.

Glad to see the coins are still arriving safely B)

I love this thing, was expecting it to be bigger for some reason, though I really like how it feels in my hand.

Thanks, glad you like it.

Out of curiosity, has a single one of these coins been released into the wild? I would assume the answer is no, but hey, maybe right....

Well I know of at least one...:

Hout skoen ("Hout skoen" is South African for "klomp" which is Dutch for "wooden shoe") :)

Got mine yesterday or today, just checked the PO BOX and it was there. So yeah, three guys from washington have their coins.

I love this thing, was expecting it to be bigger for some reason, though I really like how it feels in my hand.

Out of curiosity, has a single one of these coins been released into the wild? I would assume the answer is no, but hey, maybe right....

Hout skoen ("Hout skoen" is South African for "klomp" which is Dutch for "wooden shoe") :)

And wooden shoe is English for Clog. :)

If you have a problem with the mail, and no one else can help and if you can find em, maybe you can hire Z A Team!

I know another one ... :) Your Windmill :)

Windmill

Edited by pingos

I know another one ... :) Your Windmill :)

Windmill

Well imagine that, I forgot about my own coin...

Strange thing is that I'm not getting GC notifications when my delft coin is moved...? B)

Well, anyway, I'm glad to see that it's doin ok.

Just as an FYI. I received mine approximately 2 weeks ago in Indianapolis. But what I am seeing and from some other forums, overseas shipments both in to and out of the US are very sporadic this month and sometimes taking a very long time. I had a package that usually takes 7 days to get to me take 22 days. Another package I shipped out took 24 days to be delivered. And I have another sitting at 21 days and counting. All are international packages. I had sent 3 packages to Germany at the same time and had 2 delivered in 5 days and another almost 2 weeks later.

I do not know if the weather really messed up shipments and got things spread out and delayed. But for those waiting on their coins, I, and others, have seen some really long delays.

My wife's geocoin collection is just waiting for one more addition to be complete. :)

mailbox20100219b.jpg

THAT IS A SWEET COLLECTION. We missed getting this geocoin. We have the Klomp but not the Windmolen don't have the second one either so guess it is not meant to be, Maybe someday, Hehe, wishful think we know. Thanks for sharing.

Hmmm... I made a trade with lorcal.nl for her Trapgevel and it arrived yesterday, safe & sound... Seems odd that more folk have not yet gotten theirs. :P

CF30

I think it's the method in which they were shipped... economy or whatever it's called. My mailer had definitely taken a beating to get here.