Delft Blaauw coin in the making

User4567844

Guys, a quick update:

We are putting up one of the first series "windmolen" coins for sale on twitter account DelftBlueCoin. All proceeds from the sale will go to a Haitti quake relief organization.

We are also picking up the new coins tonight :lol: .

So is Bert going to host the sale again on geocoins.nl? That would be easier than accessing the twitter account. I got a lot of "Twitter is too busy" messages earlier.

Guys, a quick update:

We are putting up one of the first series "windmolen" coins for sale on twitter account DelftBlueCoin. All proceeds from the sale will go to a Haitti quake relief organization.

So is Bert going to host the sale again on geocoins.nl? That would be easier than accessing the twitter account. I got a lot of "Twitter is too busy" messages earlier.

Yep, that's what they have announced on Twitter.

Guys, a quick update:

Are you sure it's geocoin.nl? Yesterday it was announced K2Coins.nl was hosting the sale. Or did I miss something among the bidding?

Guys, a quick update:

Are you sure it's geocoin.nl? Yesterday it was announced K2Coins.nl was hosting the sale. Or did I miss something among the bidding?

It will be done by Bert on K2Coins.nl. The same site that hosted the previous sale.

geocoin.nl isn't active any more

Guys, a quick update:

We are also picking up the new coins tonight B) .

It will be done by Bert on K2Coins.nl. The same site that hosted the previous sale.

geocoin.nl isn't active any more

Sorry, that's what I meant. You know one of those times when you're thinking one thing, but your fingers are typing something else entirely.

:) YEP :)

Sale date has still not been announced.

"3rd SERIES SALE: starts next weekend (Friday or Saturday) at about 20:00 CET"

:( Please let me know if this is correct. :( I know that CET is Central European time. Is 20:00 around 8:00 pm? (CET?) Which translates into 1:00 pm CST?? :(

CF30

:( Please let me know if this is correct. :( I know that CET is Central European time. Is 20:00 around 8:00 pm? (CET?) Which translates into 1:00 pm CST?? :(

CF30

I'm lost too...is Sat. 20:00 CET, Friday in the US?

CF30

I dunno, the calculator I used gave me 2:00 pm CST..don't forget daylight savings...doesn't matter to me anyway it will be 3 am here, yowch!

CF30

I'm lost too...is Sat. 20:00 CET, Friday in the US?

Here you go everyone!

Time Zone Converter

Enter 20:00:00 in the Time field and select Europe/Amsterdam in the first box. Put your time zone in the second box and click the button.

Edited by E&Cplus3

From Twitter:

Third series (trapgevel) SALE starts on Saturday January 30th at 20:00h CET webshop; ww.k2coins.nl / price: €29,95 incl. worldwide shipment

Ok so 20:00 CET on Saturday January 30th translates to 1:00 pm US Central Saturday January 30th.

Which, unfortunately for me, means that I will miss this sale. :( Alas, I will be away from home almost all day that day and almost certainly out of touch with the internet (I will have the laptop with me just in case...). Unless someone will be allowed to proxy me? Probably not. That would open up a whole different kind of hornets nest... I don't have either one of the first two so missing this one won't be too painful. :( Oh well, perhaps next time.

CF30

I just got back from vacation and saw that a picture had been posted on the new delft blaauw coin and that I was correct about it's content. It is the beautiful buildings! Rock On! Very nice job on a great looking coin. I am hoping that you will please post the sales information here and not just on twitter, many of us don't use that but still want a coin very badly.

From Twitter:

Third series (trapgevel) SALE starts on Saturday January 30th at 20:00h CET webshop; ww.k2coins.nl / price: €29,95 incl. worldwide shipment

Ok so 20:00 CET on Saturday January 30th translates to 1:00 pm US Central Saturday January 30th.

Which, unfortunately for me, means that I will miss this sale. :( Alas, I will be away from home almost all day that day and almost certainly out of touch with the internet (I will have the laptop with me just in case...). Unless someone will be allowed to proxy me? Probably not. That would open up a whole different kind of hornets nest... I don't have either one of the first two so missing this one won't be too painful. :mellow: Oh well, perhaps next time.

CF30

It's not sure yet if it is saturday. It could also be friday. Time ís set though.

I just got back from vacation and saw that a picture had been posted on the new delft blaauw coin and that I was correct about it's content. It is the beautiful buildings! Rock On! Very nice job on a great looking coin. I am hoping that you will please post the sales information here and not just on twitter, many of us don't use that but still want a coin very badly.

Don't worry about the announcement. The ones who have twitter, have posted every scrap of info on this topic. (And that got some people confused :mellow: )

DelftBlueCoin on Twitter:

3rd series (trapgevel) SALE starts on Saturday January 30th at 20:00h GMT +1

webshop: www.k2coins.nl

price: €29,95 including worldwide shipment

Requests for preferred serial numbers will be handled in order of transaction number: NO GUARANTEES.

Procedure: Everyone who gets hands on a "trapgevel" can send us a Twitter - Direct Message with [transaction #] [preferred serial #]

TimeZone

20:00 hours, Saturday January 30th, 2010 in GMT+1 (Europe/Amsterdam)

converts to 14:00 Saturday January 30th, 2010 in EST

converts to 06:00 Sunday January 31st, 2010 in Australia/Melbourne

DelftBlueCoin on Twitter:

3rd series (trapgevel) SALE starts on Saturday January 30th at 20:00h GMT +1

webshop: www.k2coins.nl

price: €29,95 including worldwide shipment

Requests for preferred serial numbers will be handled in order of transaction number: NO GUARANTEES.

Procedure: Everyone who gets hands on a "trapgevel" can send us a Twitter - Direct Message with [transaction #] [preferred serial #]

TimeZone

converts to 14:00 Saturday January 30th, 2010 in EST

converts to 06:00 Sunday January 31st, 2010 in Australia/Melbourne

Sunday, 0400I aye! (Japan local time)