Delft Blaauw coin in the making

User4567844

Thanx everyone for your suggestions.

It's interesting to see all the speculations about which coin this is. How about some facts to support the speculation?

So, if you think you know which coin it is, state it in a post here on the forum and one of these coins will be send to the person with the best evidence or with the most original idea.

Lets hear it from the Geo-detectives :huh: out there!

All I noticed was the Grolsch Beer bottles :( - Dutch brewery. ;)

I would agree with number 3 Delft coin!!

Must have to continue the set.

Maybe this is a secret cointest to see who noticed the beer first!!!

Did I win?? :huh:

I hate to burst your bubble Andrew but you can buy Grolsch in many countries...even here in Australia! In fact when El Cacholoco used to make beer he used Grosch bottles.

I am going to guess here, since the coins with the designs on them are blurred in the video...that the design is a courting scene? The one with the two dutch people in the rowboat, he's rowing and she's knitting. I don't know if you can get all of that on a coin though...would like to see one just to prove it!

And it looks like the tracking numbers are being put on here...

Edited by gardengorilla

The designs on the first two were very traditional, so I think it will likely follow this trend. They have also been very simple, so the Dutch boy and girl may be too 'busy'. I like CF30s suggestion of the bonnet. It has also been suggested on the Dutch forum that the design might be a piece of cheese. :)

I think a tulip would be a logical choice too.

I am now more convinced than ever that this is the Delft Blauw #3. Looking at the video again, I noticed rows of weird black objects on the table behind the person adding the tracking numbers. They are in fact salt sellars. They were designed by Aldo Bakker for Frans Ottink -- the porcelein artist who created the first two Delft Blauw coins.

Can't wait for the sale announcement!!!

Three things the Dutch are famous for (at least from a tourism standpoint, I think): Windmills, Tulips and Wooden shoes.

Since all are already mentioned or already made, my guess would be that the topic of this coin is something to do with caching below sealevel (although that was also the topic of the last Dutch geocoin). My guess is a dyke.

Amsterdam attracts lots of tourists who make canal tours.

The city is famous for the homes with Dutch gables,

I guess such a house is on this coin.

Good point! When I visited the Royal Delft factory, they had souvenir tiles in the shop. A lot of them did depict Amsterdam houses. There were also lots of tiles with people in 18th century clothes.

And all this time I thought this would be the first pottery coin... Are there more pottery coins out there?
If this poster is serious about the above statement, it doesn't make this that the coin in the making would be the third Delft Blauw coin...
I suspect that the OP is just having a little fun

I also noticed the "you mean there are other pottery geocoins ?" post

followed shortly thereafter by a cointest to guess what would be on this one

the member name has no finds nor hides on GC.com

indicating that the individual(s) in question might want to remain anonomous for now

several posters to this thread have already inspected the video, and tenatively identified a key person or two, who were involved in the making of the Delfts Blauw geocoins #1 and #2

initial plans for this geocoin were that there would be four verions in all

I have seen that plan repeated, and not heard anything to the contrary

the timing is more or less right, too

DB #1 was announced/made/delivered in late 2006/early 2007

and #2 came to be in late 2007/early 2008

there has been a two-year gap this time around, but the season is just about the same

as for what might be on the geocoin . . .

I vote with the people who have proposed clear and simple artwork

the first two are that way, and I would anticipate that the trend would continue

And all this time I thought this would be the first pottery coin... Are there more pottery coins out there?
If this poster is serious about the above statement, it doesn't make this that the coin in the making would be the third Delft Blauw coin...
I suspect that the OP is just having a little fun

I also noticed the "you mean there are other pottery geocoins ?" post

followed shortly thereafter by a cointest to guess what would be on this one

whoops... that'll teach me to read better :blink: I totally missed the cointest post :laughing:

I think it is the folow up for the two Delfts Blauw coins and it will depict a peace of cheese or tulips. That's in the line of what foreigners know the Dutch by.

But it isn't produced by Landcruiser Team or ZAteam (who did the first two). User456784 might be a Dutchman that is posting regurlaly and is well known by us.

Strange thing is that he or she didn't bother to post an anouncement in the Dutch fora first. You would expect something like that.

I hope to get at least one. But if I could get my hands on some more, I would finaly have something tradable [:laughing:]

I am still looking for a Black Nickel Templar Geocoins to complete my collection :blink:

Ruud4d

Yes indeed, this is the 3rd Delft Blaauw coin. Thanks for the replies so far. Having seen all the enthusiastic replies, we’ve decided to give away another coin. The first coin goes to E&Cplus3, congratulations on your good detective work. Those salt cellars were indeed one of the clues that I was hoping to see in the logs.

We havn’t decided on the second coin yet, it might go to a person who guesses the correct design of the new coin or to another good detective. Good luck and have fun.

Yes indeed, this is the 3rd Delft Blaauw coin. Thanks for the replies so far. Having seen all the enthusiastic replies, we’ve decided to give away another coin. The first coin goes to E&Cplus3, congratulations on your good detective work. Those salt cellars were indeed one of the clues that I was hoping to see in the logs.

We havn’t decided on the second coin yet, it might go to a person who guesses the correct design of the new coin or to another good detective. Good luck and have fun.

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Chuck!

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Chuck!

I can agree with that!!