In az foor 3 weeks

Buddaman

I'll be in az the 15th of dec for 3 weeks(flying in to Tucson and starting from there) and was wondering what caches are a must do. My father is in his 70's so the long hiking ones are out of the question. we are going to do the site-seeing thing Grand cannyon ect ect and will be traveling all over the state and would like some simple/easy ones to do that are not a LPC (unless it's a WOW one.) that are along our travels.

thanks for the help. cool virts and Ec are good.

Edited by Buddaman

is your route straight from Tucson to Grand Canyon and back, or are you headed to other areas of Arizona

"SAC 570-5" is on the way from Tucson to Phoenix, no direct exit, but use frontage road, cache is near ruin of a missile silo (missile silo museum available south of Tucson near Green Valley), the ruin could be interesting depending on your likes/dislikes

"Cache Across America - Arizona" is up the road a bit ---- requires a sort uphill hike, but is outside park to avoid fee and is near an interesting landmark mountain which you will get a great look at without having to climb up - a Civil War battle occurred in this area

"The People Next Door" is a virtual at a National Monument quite close to the interstate - a related site up the road has an eearthcache, "Montezuma Well"

"Lava River Cave" - may be of some interest, I believe it requires some hiking into the cave, could be cold, will need flashlights, and will want to double check driving instructions with someone from area --- also "Slate Lakes Caves" -------- these could require some dirt road travel, don't know what type of vehicle you will have --------- also "Red Mountain Volcano"

enjoy your trip

Most Tucson area touristos visit Tombstone. Here is a loop you can take that includes Kartchner Caverns, Fairbanks, Tombstone and Benson. The loop route is I-10 to Exit 302 (Sierra Vista, Ft Huachuca) Hwy 90, Whetstone Hwy 82, Tombstone Hwy 80 and Benson back to I-10.

All are easy and elder friendly. All have recent finds. I’ve been to many and know of the rest. There are plenty of others too!

Hwy-90

GC1JZ8T – Kartchner Cavern Earth Cache – Must see! Reservations recommended. 2 hrs

GC1JWRJ

Hwy-82 - CG1N57C, CG1N57R, CG1N57H, CG1N57R, GC1165M, GC1THKY, CGHBHJ

Tombstone - GC12FFC – Easy Puzzle, GC12763 – Easy Puzzle, GCF147 – Easy Virtual, GCK4MY OK Corral, GC12H32, GCKBYQ

St David - GCMKWW

Benson

Do a query

While in Tombstone, visit the Birdcage Theater.

This is a full day

I'll be in az the 15th of dec for 3 weeks(flying in to Tucson and starting from there) and was wondering what caches are a must do. My father is in his 70's so the long hiking ones are out of the question. we are going to do the site-seeing thing Grand cannyon ect ect and will be traveling all over the state and would like some simple/easy ones to do that are not a LPC (unless it's a WOW one.) that are along our travels.

thanks for the help. cool virts and Ec are good.

I know that My Family enjoyed the view from GC1N0Y7 while on a trip to Sedona, no hiking necessary, stunning view!