Site Issue: Caches along route not previewing

JohnE5

I am running an HP Pavillion dv2000 with Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3

Reproduced problem on both Google Chrome 3.0.195.33 and Firefox 3.5.5

This seems to only be a problem for large or too long of a distance routes.

I have made the one I am having a problem with available in the public directory. Search Keyword "JohnE5", should be named Lemoore to Spring Valley JohnE5.

Issue-

1. When a cache long a route is previewed in Google maps from the pocket queries page the default map appears and continues to load indefinitely.

2. When the same caches along a route PQ is attempted to be viewed as a list, the mouse shows the hour glass indefinitely.

3. Also, I when creating a PQ for a route I cannot include or exclude ANY attributes.

Route queries do seem to take a long time to preview -- usually I have to leave them for several minutes. I suppose it's entirely possible that long enough routes, or routes that go through heavily populated areas like yours does, would time out on the server.

Issue #3 is unfortunate and has been known about for a while. Good to point it out though.

This seems to only be a problem for large or too long of a distance routes.

Yes, I commented on this awhile back but only got one reply and nothing "official."

I tinkered with mileage distances and discovered that short distances work, but anything in the 150 mile range and up fails.

I've pretty much given up trying to get a long PQ to work.

Edited by Skippermark