Question to Coinswag

Boogus

Dear coinswag,

Thank you for all the coins you have sold and for your website.

I have tried to get numerous activation codes from your site but everytime I enter a coin number, it says that I need to enter all six characters before it will give me a valid activation code. The thing is I have entered all the six numbers correctly but it still gives me the error and then indicates that I need to enter all six digits and to try again. Do you know if your site will ever be fixed so I can retrieve these codes.

I have sent other inquiries about this topic but have not heard back from anybody. Please can you help or let me know when the site will be fixed? This is a very time sensitive question since I plan to give some coins for Christmas and I need the codes before I can give them away.

Please help or respond soon.

Thanks so much.

Edited by Boogus & PirateGirl

Still no answer from anybody from my inquiries - neither through my e-mails or here :unsure:

And the coinswag website still will not accept or let me enter my geocoin codes ...

Maybe after Thanksgiving someone will answer, or not :angry:

Have you tried contacting Groundspeak directly for the codes??

Thanks for the suggestion. That is always an option however,

here is the problem...

I have numerous coins from coinswag. Why should I have to bother Groundspeak directly? Coinswag's website is still up and they are still selling coins. On their website they have this big stamp that says 100% customer satisfaction, lol. But they never answer my e-mails or all others asking about this major problem.

I have numerous coins made through them and it would be a labourous task to bother Groundspeak about all these.

Thanks for the suggestion but this post is simply an attempt to get Coinswags help and to inform others that might be having this same problem.

Still no help or response though ... :D

I will post here if they do ever respond.

Hmmm..i have become a mail from coinswag, that they have problems with the last orders, they international wire transfer was lost and they lost money to make coins. But they worked on the problems.

Now i have also many coins from Coinswag and was not able to retrieve the activation codes.

I hope that they answered soon...

Greetings, Heiko

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I think it needs to be said. There are reputable vendors and there are vendors who for whatever reason have a hard time with good customer service, following up with orders and generally being good to their word. A handful of vendors have failed spectacularly at this, yet people seem to have short memories or are new... in either case, do your homework before leaping headfirst in... people have been ripped off thousands of dollars and this goes all the way back to 2005, then 2006, then 2007 ... not condemning any particular vendors it just pays to read past threads and study up on some of the shenanigans that have been here before...

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I think it needs to be said.

Thanks for posting avroair. I don't understand your reluctance to post here but your comment is valued and correct. The only reason for this post in the first place is to notify all those who may be having trouble getting activation codes from coinswag.com - and to possibly get some answers from them. And doesn't this thread become exactly what you suggest? - a resource for those to do their homework.

But still they have not responded to any of my attempts to get help so, I for one, am beginning the labourous task of contacting Groundspeak to get the codes for the many coins I have through coinswag.

Good news from Groundspeak ...

I have got the first few codes back from Groundspeak very quickly - in less than a few hours. So Groundspeak seems to be very cooperative to give out the codes for these at least.

oh...that sounds great, please tell me how do you contacting Groundspeak. To which email address you wrote?

I will try the same for my Coinswag Geocoins.

Greetings and thanks, Heiko

If anyone needs activation codes for the BRoKeN W Cachin' in your dreams remint, please e-mail me.

So does this mean you were able to communicate with coinswag? Golly, did they say what they are doing about their non-delivered orders?

Edited by Toojin

To answer the question about codes, I am going to talk to coincodes.com and see if we can give them our master file and host them there. I will post back with a link as soon as I have done so, I plan to contact Eric today so it should not be to long.

Shouldn't be a problem. We can discuss the details in private.

My thinking is there will be a listing under "Coinswag" that will have all the codes.

I'll be out most of the day Monday and Tuesday. I'll post here once the details are worked out and the codes are up.

Thanks,

Eric K

To answer the question about codes, I am going to talk to coincodes.com and see if we can give them our master file and host them there. I will post back with a link as soon as I have done so, I plan to contact Eric today so it should not be to long.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did coinswag actually post?

I would also be willing to host CoinSwag codes... no problem and a PM sent - I could have them up tonite.

~J

Thanks for the kind offer but they will be hosted at coincodes.com.

The codes are now up at coincodes.com under "Coinswag.com coins."

Thank you

Eric K

I would also be willing to host CoinSwag codes... no problem and a PM sent - I could have them up tonite.

~J

Thank you

Eric K

No worries Jake - Glad to see Eric helped out, and hopefully you will be back on your feet soon. Keep the faith.

~J

~J

Thank you

Eric K

Just went to coin codes to retrieve some activation codes and this is what is there....

Does anyone know where to get the codes for coins bought from Coinswag please??

"Coinswag.com coins are not listed Please contact Coinswag directly"

Just went to coin codes to retrieve some activation codes and this is what is there....

You will probably have to contact Groundspeak and see if they will give you the code. If it isn't on coincodes and coinswag is no more then they probably will.

Edited by Maine Family

You will probably have to contact Groundspeak and see if they will give you the code. If it isn't on coincodes and coinswag is no more then they probably will.

Thank you....Sent a request to Groudspeak using the "contact us" on geocaching.com site. Do you or anyone know if that's where I should have sent it, or should it have gone elsewhere?

Thank you....Sent a request to Groudspeak using the "contact us" on geocaching.com site. Do you or anyone know if that's where I should have sent it, or should it have gone elsewhere?

They should get it and send a reply.

Thousands and thousands of geocachers, and less than thirty Groundspeak Lackeys to answer all of those emails.

82300a09-7093-4d50-a8b2-397b44ac0ea2.jpg

They will get your message at that address, and answer you as soon as possible. They are Lackeys, not Slackeys, don't fret, they will get back to you. :surprise:

so i do not understand is it save to buy coins from coinswag or not I am just starting to collect and they were one of the places I was going to buy from. also I have some coins I want to activate that my young son had recieved about a year ago.

You can't buy from CoinSwag anymore anyway, as the website's gone, and has been for several months. If you're needing activation codes, you should email Groundspeak with the tracking code and name of the coin.

so i do not understand is it save to buy coins from coinswag or not I am just starting to collect and they were one of the places I was going to buy from. also I have some coins I want to activate that my young son had recieved about a year ago.

You can't buy from CoinSwag anymore anyway, as the website's gone, and has been for several months. If you're needing activation codes, you should email Groundspeak with the tracking code and name of the coin.

Yes I see that now I was working off of an old list I had from when my son had tried to collect geocoins but she soon found out how much it would cost him. so I am taking the few that he had to get my collection started and there was an old list he made up of places to buy.

Thanks For the help