Thanksgiving Menu & Guests - A Cointest

ATMouse

Here's a quick and easy cointest, with a Birka gold with enamel color for the prize.

List your menu for this Thanksgiving and the folks who will gather there with you.

One entry per cacher!This cointest will close at midnight, PST. Winner will be selected by random generator and will be announced tomorrow as soon as I can drag myself out of bed.

Good luck, all!

Edited by ATMouse

Not an entry, but since I am on a break from cooking, I'll tell you.

Assorted cheese and cracker platter.

Crudite platter.

Baked Brie with Pistachios and Dried Fruit marinated in brandy.

Olive Tapenade

Butternut Soup

Treviso, Walnut and Gruyere Salad

Mashed Potatoes, with garlic.

Green Beans, baked with mushroom cream sauce and crispy onions

Turkey

Ham

Stuffing

Gravy

Cranberry Relish

Cranberry bread and pumpkin bread

Cheesecake

Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

(we have a lot of people coming!)

I seem to have been left alone to keep this meal cooking while others are outside building an outhouse project, or off to the football game at school. But that's OK, I'd rather cook, than build an outhouse! (It's for a camp, we have indoor plumbing.)

Crudite platter.

Olive Tapenade

Butternut Soup

Turkey

Ham

Stuffing

Gravy

Cranberry Relish

Cheesecake

Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

I seem to have been left alone to keep this meal cooking while others are outside building an outhouse project, or off to the football game at school. But that's OK, I'd rather cook, than build an outhouse! (It's for a camp, we have indoor plumbing.)

May I have an invite please? That sounds really good :unsure:

It'll be a small one this year, I'll be going to my mother's side. It used to be 30+ relatives on my mother's side at Thanksgiving dinner.

My family has branched out and 1 is in the hospital. We have lost alot of family members in the past. Most families would get closer when they have lost a loved one.

But it's sad how family (mine is a good example) tends to let it get to them and not get closer but instead get farther away...not wanting to get together, I guess because it brings back the old memories (of times before loved ones have passed away). I don't know.

Anyways, it looks like it will be my grandmother, my mother, myself and my daughter (4 generations there) and maybe a cousin or 2 will stop by...there's no telling really.

I know we are going to have:

- turkey

- chicken and dumplings

- deer meat

- salad

- dressing

- and some pies (not sure which kinds yet - fixing to head that way and then I'll know).

I use to have 2 Thanksgivings (my parents are divorced) but my father passed away and other members on his side has passed away also. Now they rarely get together at all.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thanks ATMouse for the cointest!

Edited by mud4x4

At my house we'll be having:

Turkey

Mashed potatoes & gravy

Deviled eggs

Green Beans

Pistachio Salad

Pumpkin Pies

Cranberry Sauce

Rolls

At my sister's house:

Pretty much everything I listed above plus Pecan Pie.

Yep, two Thanksgiving dinners. It's really nice when your parents put you into a predicament.... :unsure:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

We always do Thanksgiving twice. The first will be at my mom and step dads house where we're having turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls, and chocolate cream pie. The second will be with my husbands family (mom, dad, brother, sis-in-law, and 2 nephews) where we'll snack on turkey, stuffing, fried rice, corn, rolls, and pumpkin pie. By the end of the day we'll pretty much have to roll through the door!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Crudite platter.

Olive Tapenade

Butternut Soup

Turkey

Ham

Stuffing

Gravy

Cranberry Relish

Cheesecake

Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

May I have an invite please? That sounds really good :unsure:

What Tsun said...that brie sounds AWESOME! Recipe please!

It is a quiet turkey day for us...just the 4 of us plus my mom this year. It is a prety basic menu...

turkey w/gravy

cheddar mashed potatoes

sweet potato praline casserole

cranberry & apple stuffing

fresh bread

cranberry sauce

pumpkin pie

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We do not have this celebration here in Greece, so it is an ordinary day!

Since it is 19:35 now in Greece, we already ate!! :P

We had Pilafi today! It is with rice and we also had meat with tomato sause... It is one of my favorite foods... You can google and see what this food is! B)

Now... what is on my table right now??? :D

Well.... In my last geocaching adventure I found some strange pieces of wood! one was makingan arch and the other reminded me a bird who is opening its wings.... it actually reminded me the Phoenix bird!

I compined these 2 pieces and used the arch one for base.... I just finished it.... I believe it looks nice... well.... wat do you think of it?? :unsure:

picture00112.jpg

So... a photo shows what is on my table now!:D

Preparations are under way for our feast. It will include-

Smoked Turkey Breast; also going on the smoker....jalapeno poppers and bacon wrapped dates

Spiral sliced Ham

Meatballs in a cranberry/barbecue sauce

Mashed Rutabaga/Potatoes

Stuffing

Green bean Casserole

an olive,pickle,cheese platter

For dessert-

Cherry Fluff

Mini Cheesecakes

Pumpkin Pie

We (the 2 of us) are being joined by-

Our Son and his girlfriend

My Dad and his 2 dogs (Annie and Rowdy)

Our Daughter, Son in Law and 3 grandsons (Emmett, Henry and Clavin) and our Granddog Lucy

The house is full!!

Well, I flew in from a business trip, just got home an hour ago. We stopped and had McDonalds on the way home, so I had a Big Mac for lunch!! We are going to go to my neighbors for dinner, so we will end up with some TURKEY on the menu... Just going to be the 5 of us, my 2 neighbors, me, my wife, and son.

:unsure: Happy Turkey Day!

I actually wangled it so that I am not working on this Thanksgiving day! First time in seven years that I will be able to partake in the Thanksgiving day meal. And as an added bonus I am going to not one, but two Thanksgiving dinners!!!

The first one will be served about 2:00pm at my mothers house. Most of my family will be there: My mother (of course), both my sisters (eldest sister is the elected cook this year and is cooking two turkeys), both my brothers; and they will all be bringing their spouses, children and grandchildren. Should end up being roughly 20-23 people.

The second one will be around 6:00pm and will be at my girlfriends daughters home. This one will be a bit smaller affair with only about six people including myself, my girlfriend, her two daughters, girlfriends grandson and girlfriends mother.

Both dinners will feature traditional Thanksgiving foods including:

Turkey w/gravy

Mashed potatoes

Sweet potatoes (Yams)

Home made stuffing (Yummiest!!!)

Green bean casserole

Corn

Cranberry jelly

Homemade Cranberry/Apple/Orange relish (MMMMM!!!!)

Some kind of salad

For desert:

Pumpkin Pie with loads of Cool Whip

Home made Boston cream pie

Chocolate Ice Cream cake

plus other things that will be brought by brothers and sisters who aren't cooking...

I just hope that everyone has a safe and fun Thanksgiving!!!

Ah, what options did I have for Thanksgiving?

Turkey (white and dark meat loafs), Ham, Cornish game hens, cornbread stuffing, regular stuffing, green beans, corn, rolls, sweet potatoes, gravies (mmm....gotta have gravies...), cranberry sauce, a full salad bar, cake, apple, sweet potato, pumpkin, and pecan pies, ice cream, sparkling grape juice (no alcohol allowed!), 6 kinds of cheesecake in various degrees of chocolatiness and... some other stuff I overlooked.

All with about 1000 of my closest strangers in Dining Facility #4 on my base in Iraq.

No celebrity servers for us this year.

Just back from dinner at my brother's. We had the usual: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmellows, veggies,turnups,jello salad, home-made cranberry relish, raised yeast rolls, 3kinds of pickles and 2 kinds of olives and 5 pies (all for 7 people!) Best though, were the 3 deer browsing just on the other side of the dining room windows.

we dont celebrate thanksgiving in the uk. but in my household today we had something to celebrate anyway. since monday we have been without furniture to sit on in the living room. we got the old stuff takenaway on monday because we were told the new was coming on monday. it didnt. it finally arrived today at 6pm (when it should have arrived at 10am.

my husband spent al day pacing and i spent all day shut in another room with my two children trying to occupy my 3 year old from getting bored.

after all that we were so tired we couldnt find the energy to cook up proper dinner. so we

had a thankful dinner of pizza, chips and garlic bread that i just threw in the oven to heat up.

nothing special but was delicious.

At our house today for the feast:

ThePetersTrio

Mother and step-father

Sister and brother-in-law

Brother-in-law's parents

On the menu:

Gourmet cheeses and assorted crudites paired with various pinot noirs from The Willamette Valley

Smoked turkey with dressing

Garlic-mashed potatoes and gravy

Cranberry/cherry compote

Mashed brown-sugared acorn squash

Green bean/mushroom casserole

Rolls with butter

Dinner wine - hearty but fruity reds (zinfandel, merlot, syrah) from Walla Walla, WA region

Apple pie ala mode

Pumpkin Cheese cake

Coffee

And last, but not least, Zantac :unsure:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Roast turkey, baked ham, cornbread dressing, whole berry cranberry sauce, English peas, yellow rice, collards, corn, potatoes & green beans, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes and giblet gravy, broccoli casserole, rolls, German chocolate cake, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie and peppermint candy, Coca-Cola, Pepsi and sweet tea to drink. Gary, Faye, Gary Jr., Demetia, Jeremy, Shannon, Sean, Seth, Alyssa, Cindy, Miranda and Grandma will share this bountiful feast !

Edited by garydee54

Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and turkey gravey, coleslaw, green beans, cranberry sauce (canned, I think), pomegranate salad (or something...), rolls, stuffing, corn, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, cream pie, banana cream pie, banana pudding. Not sure if there was anything else that I missed.

We went to one of my husband's aunt's new houses that they finished building a few months ago. Most of my husband's family was there.

My husband (31) and I (28) were treated as kids. :unsure: I hate going to these "family gatherings" 'cause I always feel like an outsiders and not welcome. At least tis over for another year, unless they do something next month too.

Thank you for the cointest.

Thanks for the cointest ATMouse!

Ralph (hubby) and I went to my daughter's for dinner. Charlie, Becka and Amara were there, along with Charlie's Mom.

We had a lovely dinner prepared completely by my daugher. Stuffed Eggs, olives, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Turnip, Squash, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Candied Onions, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls & Butter, Gravy, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Cream Pie and Indian Pudding.

Dishes are done, we are home, thankful for a wonderful day!

And I meant to add - this post should not be counted for the cointest - just posting for fun. It is neat to read what everyone had for dinner - thanks for sharing!

Edited by hollora

Turkey

Stuffing- my dad's recipe. Never would eat it when he made it but it has become part of our Thanksgiving now that he is gone.

Mashed potatoes

Gravy

Sweet Potatoes

Squash

Peas and onions

Broccoli and cheese

Corn

Green Bean Casserole

Yeast Rolls; My grandmothers recipe. I inherited her recipe but have yet to make them as good as she did but I think of her every year when I make them.

Pickles

Olives

Cranberry sauce

Chocolate cream pie

Pumpkin pie

Carrot cake

assortment of fudge

Banana cream pie

and my grandson's jello with worms. He has fun making it.

The people at our table

Myself

My husband

My daughter and grandson

her boyfriend and his daughter

My sister and her husband

One of their daughters with her husband and one year old daughter

My daughter announced she is expecting another one in June

And the ones who are no longer with us.

My parents and grandparents, my brother, my husbands parents and grandparents and my brother-in-laws parents. They are no longer with us but they are a part of all of our holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Let me see.

Cheese, sausage and crackers

Pickles

Turkey

Country Ham

Corn Pudding

Green Bean Casserole

Cranberry Sauce

Candied yams

Stuffing

Croissants

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

As for guests, me, my wife, my daughter, both of my parents, both of wife's parents, and my dad's parents.

My husband and I currently live in a tiny little house that we are renting, there is no way that we can have family over...and my mom left for a trip out of the country today anyway...so it was just my husband and I (we had "thanksgiving" with his daughter last weekend).

My husband is the cook in the family and he decided that he wanted to experiment tonight...so we had

Turkey soup with potatos

biscuits

and I had a cookie ice cream sandwich for desert!

I am now drinking a carmel flavored hot chocolate! :unsure:

Thank you for the Thanksgiving Cointest!!

We are having Thanksgiving at home, since I didn't have to work, and my husband is on Vacation.

We will have our oldest son, his beautiful wife, and or two awesome Grandsons, our newly-wed daughter and son-in-law, our two dogs, and our daughters two dogs.

We will also be hosting two Airmen (actually women) that work in my son-in-law's office on base, and a couple that live in their apartment building.

We will have the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner - Turkey, Ham, home-made mashed potatoes, potato salad, green bean casserole, green beans, corn, stuffing, gravy, deviled eggs and sweet potatoes. As for dessert, I've been cooking for two days!! There is an Apple Pie with Caramel and pecans on top, banana pudding, "Allen Jackson's Famous Chocolate Cake (one with pecans, one without), Zucchini bread, Banana Bread, Cherry Chip cake, and Rum Cake.

Tomorrow night will be leftovers for all the kids friends that want to come through the front door (and believe me, they LOVE to come for leftovers!!!)

We are thankful that we were able to have a good Thanksgiving, with our family and friends. We know that next year, we might not be able to do this, because my husbands job is talking about closing its doors. But we will still be thankful for all the things we have, because we have family and friends and love, and that's all we need!

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, and a great Christmas to come!!

The Amigos

Thanks for this cointest !

I had dinner with my Aunt and cousins.

Turkey

Mashed Potatoes

Crispy Stuffing

ASPARAGUS (three helpings !!)

Fruit Salad

The Fruit Salad ought to have another name like Banana Nirvana or something like that. I could live off this stuff. No marshmellows, not too sweet... Just awesome...

I may go back later for pie...

im sooooooo stuffed right now, that i had to pop a piece of mint gum to settle my stomach.

we had a 2pm lunch/dinner with my aunt and uncle, cousins and second cousins there was probably 20 of us, and we just had a blast

we brought pinwheels, and candy yams with peaches. there was also turkey of course, and stuffing, mashed potatos, and green beans, cranberry blast- witch is cranberrys and oranges with suger, and there was dinner rolls, and veggies with cheese. and it was a very good time, i am very thankfull for today and the food and my family. we had 5 different pies for desert, and the day was great.

after i took my mother some food because she did not come and so zariah could see her grandmother.

i am also thankfull to make it home safe, as traffic was very bad and there was a few accidents, one of witch the peps did not go home safe and i was behind a driver who had road rage and he was swerving allover the place in packed highway, he musta swiched lanes 50 times in 30 miles of road- no joke.

be safe and happy thanksgiving everyone!!! :unsure:

thanks for the cointest. :P

Happy Thanksgiving! :unsure:

We just returned home from grandma's house. It was a small gathering with my grandmother, mother and our family of three. We ate lots of delicious food, went back for seconds and are stuffed to the brim! We are now looking forward to getting out tomorrow and doing some caching.

turkey

mashed potatoes/gravy

7 layer salad

stuffing

rolls

grandma's yummy fruit salad

homemade pumpkin pie

Thanks for the cointest! :P

Tonight we had:

Starters: Peek-a-pepper + cream cheese and crackers

some kind of awesome cheese + cranberry with crackers

brie in pastry

Main course:

2 x turkeys, one roasted and one smoked

broccoli and rice

green been casserole (ofcourse)

2 different corn bread style dressing

cranberry sauce (made with fresh cranberries, not the canned stuff)

fancy mashed potatoes

sweet potatoes

dessert:

flan

blueberry cobbler

apple pie

pecan pie

ice cream

Yes, I'm still in pain!!

edited to add the folks:

My family (wife and 2 kids), my mom and dad, my aunt and uncle, her 2 kids and their spouses, my cousins 4 kids, including 2 newborn twins, my uncle's mom and uncle, and my cousin's friend and her mom. :unsure:

Edited by darnjoeSNARG

We just got back from Tom's siters house. As she put it she had a dinner for those who had no other place to go! LOL We ate, washed dishes (ugh) and watched football. Then of course ate again

Chees and crackers

bacon wrapped chestnuts and shrimp

Turkey--fried and roasted

stuffing

mashed potatoes

green beans--regular and roasted

salad

fresh fruit

Thomas Jefferson sweet potato bisquits

pumpkin, pecan and sweet potato pie

carrot cake

and other good stuff!!

It's not really the menu though--it's who you spend the day with.....

Just the immediate family of four. After 6 straight hours of cooking, we ate:

Mesquite smoked standing rib roast (wow, that was good!)

rosemary & thyme Turkey

truly homemade stuffing (no bread-from-a-box)

Garlic mashed potatoes

country gravy

Corn

French bread

Apple pie

vanilla ice cream

Tomorrow, serving leftovers. :P

Saturday is Thanksgiving dinner #2 for 8-12....

Thank you for the cointest and the opportunity to get to read what other cachers and coiners ate today. That was rather fun. Might have gotten hungry reading the menus, if I wasn't so full already. :unsure:

I always enjoy a good meal when you can stuff yourself and watch football.

Menu:

Turkey

Ham

corn

potatoes

greenbean casserole

sweetpotato casserole

rolls

gravy

cranberry sauce

cranberry relish

dressing (aka stuffing)

pies (assorted)

cookie bars

Guest List:

my Mother in Law (hostess)

her sister and her sister's hubby

her sister's son and daughter

me and my wife and kids

my wife's brother and his son

my wife's sister and her husband and son

my wife's other sister and her kids

my wife's sisters boss

maybe another person or two...... we would not have known :unsure:

Thanks for the cointest

Wow! Most of you go all out!

Our Thanksgiving (Canadian) was a while ago but since I'm here in Australia and I need to order turkey...I forgot and we were a week late...but we had the usual turkey, stuffin' gravy, potato mash and sweet potato..

It was just me and the kids as my hubby is working away for a while :lol: Back home in Canada I usually go all out and make a pumpkin cheesecake but I didn't here...we had timtams!

Tonight though on the menu is meatball subs at a school sundowner. Aussies really love picnics and will use any occasion to have one, this one being the end of the school year. I am probably asking for tomato sauce all over but who cares!

Many of you have had green bean/mushroom casserole on your menu...I am curious to have a recipe for this please, but not if it is just mushroom soup.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well first we in Canada celebrated Thanksgiving about 6 weeks ago so to all our American friends, have a good and safe Thanksgiving day or long weekend if you are lucky.

Dinner was a chicken sandwich for one, Ki and my daughter are off to PA for the big sales and a girls weekend ;) hope they have fun and leave a little wiggle room on my credit card ;):lol:

Happy Black Friday, all! :lol:

I had thought that the answers would just make me hungry, instead, some made me laugh, some made me nod in agreement (oh, yeah, been there, too!) some touched my heart, recognizing the pain for the folks I love who are gone...

Thank you for all the folks who entered.

The random number generator picked post #27. Congrats, Maine Family! Either PM or email me your mailing address.

I liked the answers so much I decided on a second prize: a 4 Elements AE edition (nickle, with green translucent enamel on the back).

The next number generated was post #6. Opalss, PM / email me and I'll get these out right away! If y'all are quick enough, I'll get them out today! (Unless your mail has changed, I've got an envelope with the address from the list ready.)

How funny both winners are from Maine!

Edited by ATMouse

--Why, oh why do I always seem to try to post at 11:00pm (the forums shut down for 10-15 minutes at that time every day)... :angry:--

Anyway, congratulations Maine Family and Opalsns!

I live in SoCal--guess I didn't stand a chance on this one. :unsure:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Edited by aka Momster

--Why, oh why do I always seem to try to post at 11:00pm (the forums shut down for 10-15 minutes at that time every day)... :angry:--

Anyway, congratulations Maine Family and Opalsns!

I live in SoCal--guess I didn't stand a chance on this one. :unsure:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

That's why the cointest was open until midnight PST! To give you west-coasters a chance! :lol: