Simple single coin giveaway pseudo cointest

Droo

This is my first cointest I want to make it for the coin newbie or the lurker who has less than 5 posts in the Forums or 5 activated coins on their Public Profile.

To enter just introduce yourself.... how you got into geocaching, how you came to be interested in geocoins and what you enjoy about reading these forums.

The prize is a coin of the month club coin too many I received in the mail.

GCPNovgeocoin.jpg

The winner will be chosen at random tomorrow (Friday).... sometime.

Gobble gobble.....

Not sure if you will consider me or not becacue i have a few more than 5 post's on the forum but have only 5 tracker that are in circulation (it shows 7 on my profile but 2 of them are my personal collection that will not travel< when i first started collecting i thought you had to activate them> i didnt realise you could have them as long as you wanted without activation.

if a newer person comes along let them have it!!

I am a noob but I have more than 5 posts but I only have 2 trackables.

I am mud4x4 and I live in Arkansas. mud4x4 consists of 2 members in the crew, sometimes 3 when my daughter joins in.

I had heard of Geocaching for a year or 2 now...through the news and our Arkansas travel brochures.

I decided to check out geocaching.com, entered my zip code and seen how many were in my area...wow, I couldn't resist any longer, went and bought a gpsr. I finally started and joined in earlier this month.

I have only seen 1 geocoin so far in my hunts. My 2 trackables were adopted to me. Though I have not seen them yet, I hope to one day. And look forward to see their travels.

In the forums I enjoy reading what the noobs post and the replies to them, I learn something everytime. I also like reading in the gps technologies section. I really enjoy reading about how generous people are on here... adopting coins out and and cointests. I also enjoy the unusual finds stories that everyone shares...I can't believe what some people have ran into and/or found. :unsure:

Thank You Droo for this great (pseudo :P ) cointest!!

I definitely am a noob. I got into coins because of my mom (Fossillady). She took me to Geocoinfest in Salt Lake City last month and I was hooked. Meet lots of cool people and hopefully some new friends that I will keep in touch with. I joined my first coin mission for Xmas, the Secret Santa Mission. I have no coins listed yet, I have a couple from coinfest and this will be my 6th post. Thanks for the cointest.

David

oh boy... I am missing this cointest for some zeros!!! :unsure:

If it was..."who has less than 5000 posts in the Forums or 50 activated coins on their Public Profile" I would fit in that! :P

I am kiding my friend! What you do is so great!!! I remember being a new cacher here and I got a coin like that!!! It is an amazing gift to start!

Thank you for this great cointest!!! Hey... newbies..where are you???? B)

I'm a coin newbie I guess :unsure: I only just got my first two geocoins at the gps maze exhibit in Waterloo a few months ago. I'm still figuring out how to get coins and how to find the ones I like :P

Umm but I might not be so much of a forum newbie B) I think I might have a few more posts than you want.

I'm in Scouting and was introduced to geocaching by other Scouters. I then decided it was fun and had to introduce it to my Cub pack. I'm slowly working on changing all Scouters into geocachers :D

I like reading all about the great ideas other people have for caches and hides :D

Not entering since I obviously have more than the required posts and activated coins... :unsure:

A friend of mine that I played EQ with told me about geocaching. After finally being able to afford a GPS last June for other reasons (directions for traveling), I decided to try out geocaching. I went to a big event in Paris, AR on January 10th tis year, and that's what got me hooked on geocoins. They had 300+ trackables spread across two tables. I came home, and started buying geocoins that I liked. rofl I now have over 350 geocoins, with 20 or so incoming. :P

Great idea for a cointest, brings newbs and lurkers out of our shells :lol: I have a few geocoins logged but this is my first post to the forums!

My parents introduced me to geocaching after they were introduced to it during a trip to Key West last year.

I've always collected coins growing up and continue to this day. When I discovered geocoins were a part of geocaching they immediately peaked my interest.

The geocoin forum is my favorite part of the forum. I enjoy looking at the designs of new coins minted by the members here. Their devotion to this hobby is great.

Good luck to all entered in the cointest!

I'm glad to hear from people who aren't normally heard from or noticed here on the forums and I want to extend a warm welcome. It looks like we have a half dozen or so contenders. GREAT!!

Winner to be announced around noon PST. Thanks for playing.

I hope you'll consider me as this is my very first post ever in the forums, I've found only seven caches so far and I've got no tradables logged to my account as of yet (although three TBs are en-route that I've recently purchased). I'm interested in geocoins as I'm headed on a Disney Cruise in February and want to take a geocoin with me on that trip to leave in the coin only cache on the private island. If not me then I hope you choose another worthy participant.

kicki22

This is my first cointest I want to make it for the coin newbie or the lurker who has less than 5 posts in the Forums or 5 activated coins on their Public Profile.

To enter just introduce yourself.... how you got into geocaching, how you came to be interested in geocoins and what you enjoy about reading these forums.

GCPNovgeocoin.jpg

Gobble gobble.....

The winner of the FIRST prize is going to post #14..... kicki22. Wooot! CONGRATS and thanks for participating. I think your plan for how to begin it's journey is adorable.... this coin has a Disney appropriate feel to it.

Please email me through my profile and let me know where I should send the coin and its companion pin.

KEEP the posts coming as there is now a second prize available to be selected for and announced by Toojin.

Edited by Droo

GCPNovgeocoin.jpg

Gobble gobble.....

I am interested and have been a lurker for a few months until about a few days ago. I only have 2 geocoins that were adopted recently and think I am under or around 5 posts so far. I got into geocaching while Jeeping with some friends and they wanted to stop somewhere in the woods to look for treasure and thought it was fun. So created my own account and search when I have time. I have only ran across 1 geocoin so far only because alot get muggled in my area, but also collect U.S. coins. Enjoy reading the forums to learn new things and get new ideas.

Outdoorhiker

GCPNovgeocoin.jpg

Gobble gobble.....

I am somewhat a noob on the forum. Just made my first post a few days ago and did not know about the forum until someone told me about it. My brother got me into geocaching while traveling in Michigan and enjoyed so made my own account. I am interested in geocoins because I like to watch their travels and enjoy the beauty of them. Just got into reading the forums, but pretty much lurking to learn new things.

Mudrunner600

OK, my family and I are the newest of new. Today my husband and our seven-year-old twin girls found our first two caches. They were so excited and so am I. What a great way to get out and walk, explore and have fun for free! We are going to spend our holidays in Hawaii and look forward to finding caches there too.

No coins so far. I'd love to have my girls be able to track a coin's progress.

Thanks for doing this.

Cheers,

Mama-cita

I hope you'll consider me as this is my very first post ever in the forums, I've found only seven caches so far and I've got no tradables logged to my account as of yet (although three TBs are en-route that I've recently purchased). I'm interested in geocoins as I'm headed on a Disney Cruise in February and want to take a geocoin with me on that trip to leave in the coin only cache on the private island. If not me then I hope you choose another worthy participant.

kicki22

Please email me with your address as yours was the winning post. YOU WON!!!! :angry::unsure::lol::P:):lol::P:D:P

Okay, I picked two more...

post 7 Highland Horde

and

post 19 - OutdoorHiker

Please send me your address through my profile and I will send a coin to each of you.

Thanks for playing!!

Thanks so much will send information.

These two coins went out in Monday's mail. Hope you enjoy them! They are yours to do with as you wish, trade or whatever. They are the LE gold edition of the coin.

Okay, I picked two more...

post 7 Highland Horde

and

post 19 - OutdoorHiker

Please send me your address through my profile and I will send a coin to each of you.

Thanks for playing!!

Thanks so much will send information.

These two coins went out in Monday's mail. Hope you enjoy them! They are yours to do with as you wish, trade or whatever. They are the LE gold edition of the coin.

Hey that's not fair that you've already sent yours off! :( I'm still waiting to hear from my winner so I can send mine off. :huh: