Thunder-4, has a new kidney

Ritz Crackers

Great news - on the third attempt for his kidney transplant operation everything went well today. Thunder-4 (Randy) had been to Sharp two times previously for his transplant. The first attempt he had an infection and they couldn't do the operation. The second attempt his brother (the donor) was sick and they couldn't do the operation. Today was their third attempt, and great news - the operation was a success. I visited Randy this afternoon and he is cheery, excited to have his new kidney (which is working great), and looking forward to getting out of the hospital and getting back to caching for recovery.

Randy will be in Sharp Memorial Hospital until next Tuesday (12/01) when he will be released in the morning. Randy is in room 524 West, and ask that you call before coming so he can tell you his schedule (treatments continue over the next few days) - his number in the hospital is (858) 939-2524 and he likes visitors. Please, if you are not feeling 100%, or if you are around anyone who is sick, please visit by phone only.

Again, praises for his successful surgery and prayers for his quick healing. :laughing::laughing:

Great news - on the third attempt for his kidney transplant operation everything went well today. Thunder-4 (Randy) had been to Sharp two times previously for his transplant. The first attempt he had an infection and they couldn't do the operation. The second attempt his brother (the donor) was sick and they couldn't do the operation. Today was their third attempt, and great news - the operation was a success. I visited Randy this afternoon and he is cheery, excited to have his new kidney (which is working great), and looking forward to getting out of the hospital and getting back to caching for recovery.

Randy will be in Sharp Memorial Hospital until next Tuesday (12/01) when he will be released in the morning. Randy is in room 524 West, and ask that you call before coming so he can tell you his schedule (treatments continue over the next few days) - his number in the hospital is (858) 939-2524 and he likes visitors. Please, if you are not feeling 100%, or if you are around anyone who is sick, please visit by phone only.

Again, praises for his successful surgery and prayers for his quick healing. :laughing::laughing:

Thanks for posting this very encouraging news.

Wonder how brother is doing?

Again, praises for his successful surgery and prayers for his quick healing. :unsure::P

Brother Dustin is doing great. A couple hours after surgery he walked (well maybe rode the IC cart just a bit) but came down and visited Randy. That is one wonderful gift to give a brother.

Again, praises for his successful surgery and prayers for his quick healing. :unsure::P

Brother Dustin is doing great. A couple hours after surgery he walked (well maybe rode the IC cart just a bit) but came down and visited Randy. That is one wonderful gift to give a brother.

Here is an email from Randy this morning:

Hi,

Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that surgery was an absolute success!!

As soon as they connected the new kidney, it started producing urine. Everything is going great. I'm in a little pain but the pain killers are keeping me pretty comfortable. My brother, Dustin is doing great too. He is on a different floor but he was able to walk down and visit me for a while.

I'll be here until Tuesday at the earliest.

I'm at Sharp Memorial Hospital in room 524 and I have my cell phone on and with me.

Take care,

Randy

Hi,

Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that surgery was an absolute success!!

As soon as they connected the new kidney, it started producing urine. Everything is going great. I'm in a little pain but the pain killers are keeping me pretty comfortable. My brother, Dustin is doing great too. He is on a different floor but he was able to walk down and visit me for a while.

I'm at Sharp Memorial Hospital in room 524 and I have my cell phone on and with me.

Take care,

Randy

My gosh, you sure went for the drama-queen deal on this,

Thanksgiving week for cryin' out loud. Have a nice pee!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Again, praises for his successful surgery and prayers for his quick healing. :D:laughing:

Hi,

Take care,

Randy

My gosh, you sure went for the drama-queen deal on this,

Thanksgiving week for cryin' out loud. Have a nice pee!

0002011B.gif

Surgery was a complete success!

I was in the hospital for 5 days. My brother, Dustin was in the hospital for 2 days.

The surgery lasted about 2 hours for each of us. The surgery was on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. By Friday, my doctors reported that my new kidney was functioning as good as a healthy person with two kidneys.

Today, we are both doing great. I only have pains in my incision site which is becoming less and less frequent. I can't drive for another 2-3 weeks and I have to avoid large crowds for the first 3 months. This is due to my suppressed immune system so I don't reject the kidney.

Overall, I feel great and I can't even tell you how thankful I am to have a brother as unselfish as Dustin.

729197556_Tsho8-M-1.jpg729200510_Pfqq4-M.jpg