Jargon in Logs?

WellGeeWhiz

I'm new to geocaching. What I find confusing is all the jargon and initials in various logs. For example, "GJ SL TFTC" was used on one log. What do all these codes mean?! Does anyone have a comprehensive list of codes? Maybe this is how texters talk (I'm not a texter), so let me know if I just need to get with the times.

I'm new to geocaching. What I find confusing is all the jargon and initials in various logs. For example, "GJ SL TFTC" was used on one log. What do all these codes mean?! Does anyone have a comprehensive list of codes? Maybe this is how texters talk (I'm not a texter), so let me know if I just need to get with the times.

The Lexicon of Geocaching

The website was just what I was looking for! Thanks for the quick response! Going geocaching tomorrow, and now I can sign the log with confidence.

The Lexicon of Geocaching

The website was just what I was looking for! Thanks for the quick response! Going geocaching tomorrow, and now I can sign the log with confidence.

Just so you know shorthand is good in the paper log but if you enjoyed the cache it is appreciated when you expand in your online log.

I don't but I wish someone did. These are the ones I know:

TFTC (Thanks for the cache)

TNLN (Took nothing left nothing)

GZ (Ground zero)

GPSR (GPS)

DNF (Did not find)