Geocaching event games

Scoopitup

We are having our 2nd annual event this winter and need some info on games to try at this event. A raffle, geo bingo and ammo can toss have been mentioned. Any other ideas? Thanks.

It doesn't really translate into a competition, but a popular activity around here is the Geo-GZ game.

Marker flags (as used in landscaping and irrigation projects) are given to the 'contestants', who place their flag at their GZ of some given co-ordinates near the event venue. Actually an interesting demonstration of the variances inherent in GPS positioning.

We are having our 2nd annual event this winter and need some info on games to try at this event. A raffle, geo bingo and ammo can toss have been mentioned. Any other ideas? Thanks.

It doesn't really translate into a competition, but a popular activity around here is the Geo-GZ game.

sure it does! get a friend with industrial GPS to set a pin in the ground. closest flag wins. it's pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey!

you can do translate rot-13 flashcards, a point to the first to call out the word. no fair using words like "szbssbeguti".

you can do photo quiz, identifying well-known cache locations.

an oldie: find the temporary caches, timed.

nano log rolling races?

Marker flags (as used in landscaping and irrigation projects) are given to the 'contestants', who place their flag at their GZ of some given co-ordinates near the event venue. Actually an interesting demonstration of the variances inherent in GPS positioning.

That translates into a competition if you have a way of measuring GZ to see who was closest. Two strings making an X to measure the spot before and after can determine the winner. I've heard it called "Closest to the pin"

I've never done it myself (I've hosted only one event in 2006), but I came up with the brilliant idea of "bobbing for film canisters" in another one of these threads. You know, you could put prizes in them and stuff. I was only kidding, but someone (whom I've long since forgotten) said it was a great idea, and they were going to use it. I don't know if they did, or how it turned out though.

Then again, H1N1. Never mind. :laughing:

I've never done it myself (I've hosted only one event in 2006), but I came up with the brilliant idea of "bobbing for film canisters" in another one of these threads. You know, you could put prizes in them and stuff. I was only kidding, but someone (whom I've long since forgotten) said it was a great idea, and they were going to use it. I don't know if they did, or how it turned out though.

Then again, H1N1. Never mind. :laughing:

If they're bobbing in whiskey, things should be OK! :lol::P:laughing:

Oh, I was going to suggest a scavenger hunt, too!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy