*********COINTEST********* ends 11/29/09 20.00 CET

Team Van Stoffelen

Okay, I am throwing in a cointest once again. I might seem desperate getting rid of my geocoins. The truth is that I am downsizing. Partly by selling, partly by releasing them into the big wide world and partly by giving them away in a cointest. This is one cointest, or should I say one cointest, three to be, four in total...

What are we going to do? Next week I am planning to throw in another 3 cointests. At this time I have not decided what these cointests will be, so I need your help. Let me know in a post what the subject of the cointest should be or what the cointest should look like.

As example you can look at my cointests below. But please be creative.

And hey remember: I am dutch, bold, extremely handsome, and: modesty is my middle name : )

In this cointest I will be the one and only judge. I will randomly pick one entry who will win a unactivated geocoin. I might even proclaim an extra winner for the idea I like most. Winning this cointest is not the same me using your entry for my new cointests, but you will be given everlasting glory in the new cointest topics.

One entry per post. You can enter as many times as you want.

Happy Cointesting!

Rian (Van Stoffelen Sr)

By the way. You might also want to take a look at my other cointests:

Show Us Your ............ Sinterklaas

Show Us Your ............ Most Favourite Geocacher

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

WOW! Some nice posts!!! :laughing:

Well... in my first post here I would like to bring Sinterklaas and Santa Claus (generally Christmas) closer....

Since both are giving presents to the good kids and no matter our age... we are all kids.....

"Tell us the good things you have done this year or choose the best thing you did and for that you deserve a coin!"

- helped a new cacher

- something that has to do with geocaching generally

- helped a stranger or someone who really needed help

- gave blood, or helped... (sorry I do not know how to say it)... old people or people who needed medical care... children who needed our help.... Any help... not only medical...!

Things like that! :laughing:

a picture of the strangest location you would least expect a photo to be taken!!

included in the photo must be your username on a piece of paper (so we know it has been taken for the cointest not some old one you dragged up from some dodgy photo album under your bed)

they can be as imaginative or as plain as you like but not the normal setting< if this is picked i got a great one or two already thought of!!

to further gatoulis idea, we should send our childhood pictures to TVS and he uses them in a guess who cointest

:laughing::laughing::lol::P Sorry for laughing my friend! Yuo idea is excellent!!!

I am laughing becasue I thought that TVS was a TV channel!!!!! :):huh::anibad::anibad:

I was suprised... a TV channel for geocachers??? Than I saw what TVS means! :D:laughing::laughing:

I feel so stupid!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

to further gatoulis idea, we should send our childhood pictures to TVS and he uses them in a guess who cointest

Oh that would be really fun! He could randomly draw for a winner from those who email him a picture of themselves under a certain age (say 10 or so) and then a winner from those who got the most answers correct!

I think you would have to at least supply the names of the people in the pictures and then everyone would have to guess who is who and match them up correctly.

A coinntest to see who is paying attention and the cointest should end 1/29/10. I have been in Todie's Wild Ride and been paying attention. :laughing:

huh, what?

ILYK

It says the cointest ends 1/29/09 and I had just left Todie's WIld Ride which was about paying attention and saw the date. Forgot where I was so I posted the date should be 2010.

How about a

"So This is Art????" cointest.

submit your pictures of sculptures, statues, or other works of "ART" that really don't look like ART to you.

I know that there are plenty of examples of so called art out there that the beauty is only in the eye of the beholder.

i love hosting cointests, and always have ton of ideas, so ill give ya a few of my ideas in hopes i can win,, i havent won a cointest in ages seems like, bad luck i guess?

heres a few.....

it is christmas time so , maybe,, what are 10 reasonable coins you want, reasonable not being a moun 10 bike, or hard to get coins, it would help others figure out what to give to those they want to send coin gifts to this year.

another would be

im always intrested in others collectiions, so list the top 10 coins in your collection with pictures of say the top 2. and give the reason why you have listed these coins or chose them as your top coins.

how about,

hobbys other then coins and caching, its amazing to me what others like to do in their free time. have peps explaintheir fav hobby becide coins and caching.

ok one more...

this one i was gonna do, but decided not to because i got some other ideas brewing...

its called--- who wears the pants...pretty self explanitory.... but who in the family wears the pants, give an example and why their the boss or in controll..hahahaaa :lol:

i love hosting cointests, and always have ton of ideas, so ill give ya a few of my ideas in hopes i can win,, i havent won a cointest in ages seems like, bad luck i guess?

heres a few.....

it is christmas time so , maybe,, what are 10 reasonable coins you want, reasonable not being a moun 10 bike, or hard to get coins, it would help others figure out what to give to those they want to send coin gifts to this year.

another would be

im always intrested in others collectiions, so list the top 10 coins in your collection with pictures of say the top 2. and give the reason why you have listed these coins or chose them as your top coins.

how about,

hobbys other then coins and caching, its amazing to me what others like to do in their free time. have peps explaintheir fav hobby becide coins and caching.

ok one more...

this one i was gonna do, but decided not to because i got some other ideas brewing...

its called--- who wears the pants...pretty self explanitory.... but who in the family wears the pants, give an example and why their the boss or in controll..hahahaaa :lol:

That is a ver good one

I am pretty new. I've never thought of a cointest before, let alone won one yet. So this might be a stupid idea, here it goes.....

But here's my idea:

At the end of the cointest deadline...get the number of how many people have entered (1 entry per person) and lets say there are 75 entries. You pick a number at random out of 1 through 75, whatever number you wish.

Then everyone that entered, goes back after you've posted that you have your number picked. Everyone that's has previously entered goes back and edits their post with their guessed number and whoever gets it right wins the geocoin. And NO calling dibs on a number before hand.

And if no one gets it, you post again stating that the number has still been unguessed until original participants get it right.

I hope this makes sense.

Or here's another one:

simply put..."who lives the farthest from you?" Though this one would probably be hard to verify.

It would be neat if there was a way.

Edited by mud4x4

I just had an idea for a cointest.... since my friend you are making cointests already and you will make more in the near future..... Here is what came in my mind just now....

Who would you like to meet (a geocacher), that you haven't met yet, and why!!!

I believe it is an excellent idea, because the majority of us have never met from close!!!! Ok... I will probably have a problem becasue I would love to meet you all and talk from close, but... :angry:

Again a cointest comes to an end. Or should I say: this cointest is dead, long live three other cointests.

First of all I will announce the winner of this cointest. Everybody who entered had the exact same change. I put the post numbers in a very big head and pulled out the winning number. And the winner is:

Post # 4: Geoquino

Congratulations to you Zdenek , the coin will be shipped very soon.

And then the three promised cointests. Somewhere the next few days I will start a really chaotic 3 in 1 cointest, so three cointests in one topic. There is a real chance that it will be very chaotic, but hey, who cares. It's just for fun!

Thanks all for playing this cointest and hope to see you all around soon in the 3 in 1 Mother Of All Cointests Topic to come.