Clear waterproof sealant

Opalblade

I have a container I want to use to stash a micro cache inside of (there is a way to open it from the bottom). The container has a hole at the top I want to permanently stop up to prevent water from pooling inside. Any tips on a good product to use to permanently seal up this hole that is aesthetically pleasing (don't want my cute container to look ugly) so some kind of see-through waterproof sealant? The hole is maybe 1/8 inches wide. TIA :)

I have a container I want to use to stash a micro cache inside of (there is a way to open it from the bottom). The container has a hole at the top I want to permanently stop up to prevent water from pooling inside. Any tips on a good product to use to permanently seal up this hole that is aesthetically pleasing (don't want my cute container to look ugly) so some kind of see-through waterproof sealant? The hole is maybe 1/8 inches wide. TIA :)
Silicone caulk, perhaps
I recommend a product called Lexel. It's very affordable, adheres to most any material, retains crystal-clear lucidity, and stretches with the weather. And no, I'm not a paid endorser...
Never heard of the stuff before, but I sure will be keeping my eyes out for it after reading a few website reviews like this one: http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001446.php

(I'm not a paid endorser, either, btw)

I've used it to stick things together (which have yet to come apart), to repair broken items of virtually all materials (ditto on the not-coming-apart), and, of especial interest to the OP, I hope, I've used it to patch holes, and I can attest that after years of exposure to the elements, said holes are still waterproof and the lexel is still unclouded.

Ok, NOW I'm sounding like a paid endorser...(maybe I should contact the company).

I recommend a product called Lexel. It's very affordable, adheres to most any material, retains crystal-clear lucidity, and stretches with the weather. And no, I'm not a paid endorser...

I second this suggestion. Have used it for many outdoor projects. Cure time is fairly long though, keep that in mind.

Should be able to find in any hardware (ma & pa, or corporate) store.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

It's an acrylic container - I'm a bit nervous about how it will do out in the elements but it's so cute I have to get it out there :) I'm not going to camo it so will have to be placed off the beaten path. Thank you so much for the product suggestions!! :santa:

PS. Probably going with the Lexel - sounds awesome :huh: Will try to be patient and let it sit for a nice long time. I tend towards impatience - you should see a few of the paint jobs of cache containers I botched today for not letting coat 2 or 3 dry :)

Edited by Opalblade