Lost

kc7ones

Howdy, Ken.

I still consider myself a Newbie too, even though I've been in the game for a little over a year.

My apologies if this doesn't seem to be of much assistance, but I'm just gonna be honest in my answer. First, keep checking out all of the resources at the geocaching.com website. There really is a ton of things to just read over and glean information from.

You might also consider this book. Idiot's Guide to Geocaching I found one at a local bookstore, but it's also available at the site by following the link given.

You're already familiar with the forums here. (or, you're getting into it at least....) This here "Getting Started" is also a great place to learn from.

But in total reality, I just got into the game by getting out and doing it. I was told about all of this at a Camping Forum I used to co own and just went on from there. I bought a GPSr at Walmart and started trying to find the caches that I found on line that were close to home. After that, I started to pick up on the information provided at the site first and recently became active here at the forums.

A little catch phrase I like to use to advise others. "If I can do it, Anyone can!" :)

Good Luck, Ken. I'm sure you'll have a great time when you start to get into it some more. I know that I have! :)