Can I forget 2009 already?

mtbikernate

On 10 March 2009, I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (ARGH!). I have had a geocoin and a travel bug in my possession since I moved here to Texas last summer (08), and have still not managed to be able to put them back out into circulation. Earlier this month, I got my last chemo treatment, and I'm just waiting for my blood counts to recover. I do have a dayhike tentatively planned for this weekend to a pretty cache-rich area, and I will do my best to get these items back out there.

I hope the coin and TB owners can understand my predicament and forgive the extended lapse in my activity.

On 10 March 2009, I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (ARGH!). I have had a geocoin and a travel bug in my possession since I moved here to Texas last summer (08), and have still not managed to be able to put them back out into circulation. Earlier this month, I got my last chemo treatment, and I'm just waiting for my blood counts to recover. I do have a dayhike tentatively planned for this weekend to a pretty cache-rich area, and I will do my best to get these items back out there.

I hope the coin and TB owners can understand my predicament and forgive the extended lapse in my activity.

Good luck with your recovery. You can either e-mail the trackable items' owners or post a note on the trackables' page if there's going to be more delay (e.g. due to weather).

Edited by Chrysalides

And... you can always ask a local cacher to meet up and hand off the trackables to someone else to place if you're not up to getting them on their way. What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Houston, and have done this before. There are loads of people who would be happy to help you and the trackables out!

And... you can always ask a local cacher to meet up and hand off the trackables to someone else to place if you're not up to getting them on their way. What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Houston, and have done this before. There are loads of people who would be happy to help you and the trackables out!

I'm in Nacogdoches. If the trackable owners were really wanting the items placed, I'd look up someone local to drop them off. However, since the owners haven't asked once about the trackables, I'll just get them out when I can.

If not this weekend, I'll be able to get to it some time or another.

Best wishes for your recovery. :)

... I hope the coin and TB owners can understand my predicament and forgive the extended lapse in my activity.

As an owner of quite a few trackable items, I can forgive a cacher any "extended lapses of activity" if they just let me know that the item is still safe with them and it hasn't been forgotten.

MrsB :D

I'm in Nacogdoches. If the trackable owners were really wanting the items placed, I'd look up someone local to drop them off. However, since the owners haven't asked once about the trackables, I'll just get them out when I can.

If not this weekend, I'll be able to get to it some time or another.

Best wishes and my prayers for a full recovery!! I have only been caching for a few months, and only have one TB out so far, but I also would understand delays in traveling due to health issues! On a side note...I grew up in Lufkin, Texas!!! Graduated from LHS in 1979. OK, no jokes about my age, please! :)

Wow, there's a culture shock!!! What on earth led you to Nacogdoches from Pittsburgh?

First, I hope your recovery is going well and as others have said, WAY more important than the tokens of our game.

I'll be visiting family in Nacogdoches and the surrounding areas for Thanksgiving if you'd like to arrange a hand-off. Nothing beats the chance for you to get out on your own, but if I can help, let me know. Shoot me a PM or an email through my profile if you want to get 'em off your hands.

I hope you continue to get well, and back into caching when you are able. I echo Mrs B's comment...life gets in the way of geocaching, if you wanted to let the owners know why you haven't moved their bugs, send them a pm.

You have certainly stopped me from wishing my bugs were moving - as long as my fellow cachers are OK, that is what really matters to me.

All the best!

Wow, there's a culture shock!!! What on earth led you to Nacogdoches from Pittsburgh?

First, I hope your recovery is going well and as others have said, WAY more important than the tokens of our game.

I'll be visiting family in Nacogdoches and the surrounding areas for Thanksgiving if you'd like to arrange a hand-off. Nothing beats the chance for you to get out on your own, but if I can help, let me know. Shoot me a PM or an email through my profile if you want to get 'em off your hands.

Graduate school brought me here. Halfway through my coursework for a master's degree in environmental science (after just one semester) is when I got cancer and had to take the year off. Excited to start back up again in the spring and finish my degree. (taking lighter loads of coursework from now on, so it will still take 2 full years).

The culture shock hasn't been as bad as you might expect. Nac is very much a college town, and in the graduate program I'm in, there are people from PA, MA, VT, MN, NE, TX, WA, and NY. The TX natives are outnumbered by far, and there are lots of vegetarians and whatnot. Quite the motley crew. So I don't feel drowned in TX culture.

I think I will be fine getting out on my own to place the items. The only thing that'd keep me inside is bad weather at this point.

I'm excited at the prospect of having my central veinous catheter removed within the next month or so. It kinda sucks having a couple ports hanging out of your chest for the better part of a year. But that's a whole lot better than being poked with needles for blood draws sometimes daily, but at least once per week.

Graduate school brought me here. Halfway through my coursework for a master's degree in environmental science (after just one semester) is when I got cancer and had to take the year off. Excited to start back up again in the spring and finish my degree. (taking lighter loads of coursework from now on, so it will still take 2 full years).

The culture shock hasn't been as bad as you might expect. Nac is very much a college town, and in the graduate program I'm in, there are people from PA, MA, VT, MN, NE, TX, WA, and NY. The TX natives are outnumbered by far, and there are lots of vegetarians and whatnot. Quite the motley crew. So I don't feel drowned in TX culture.

I think I will be fine getting out on my own to place the items. The only thing that'd keep me inside is bad weather at this point.

I'm excited at the prospect of having my central veinous catheter removed within the next month or so. It kinda sucks having a couple ports hanging out of your chest for the better part of a year. But that's a whole lot better than being poked with needles for blood draws sometimes daily, but at least once per week.

Wow a year REALLY sucks. I had one in my arm for 8 weeks. That was bad enough. A year is really a bummer.

I hope you get a chance to get out soon.