REI GPS sale frequency?

JSWilson64

While the current price on the Oregon 300 in REI's winter sale is a good price from a great place to buy a GPS, this purchase will have to wait for a couple more months.

Is there anyone obsessed enough to know how often REI puts GPS units on such a large discount (for REI)? Or inside information as to upcoming sales for 1st Quarter 2010? I'm looking at either the 300 or the 400t...

They occasionally have a "X% discount on one item" but they exclude all GPS items from them. I thought I saw one or two GPS receivers in the past year, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, I decided to get the 300 when I was in the store last weekend and they had a bunch of them in the store. You can always order online, but if you don't want to wait, the salesperson I spoke to said that the busiest day of the sale is the last weekend.

While the current price on the Oregon 300 in REI's winter sale is a good price from a great place to buy a GPS, this purchase will have to wait for a couple more months.

Is there anyone obsessed enough to know how often REI puts GPS units on such a large discount (for REI)? Or inside information as to upcoming sales for 1st Quarter 2010? I'm looking at either the 300 or the 400t...

REI's next sale will be in January (clearance sale). However, it is very doubtful that they will have GPS units on clearance.

OldA'sFan