Probably been done before but Im proud of it

LackTheCache

Swank. Kudos. Mozzletoff. Seriously, good job.

Hey, I just noticed that you were a few caches away from me this last Saturday. You picked up a geocoin that I dropped off too. Coolio.

I was up on Wade Mountain. We didnt hit as many caches as we wanted but did get a few. Yes I dropped off a travel bug and picked one up.

I need to find a good place for this ammo can but first im going to go get some good swag to put in. All military stuff , kind of a theme i guess.

lackthecache

Nice! Care to share how you did it?

1. Paint entire can green.
  2. Cut out a few 'digital' stencils.
  3. Stencil can using tan and dark green paint, cahnging direction of stencils as you move about.
  4. Allow to dry.

Whoa, go slower, I'm trying to write this down.

Yep thats pretty much it. A little time consuming but it looks much better in person than the photo. BTW use graph paper for the stencils. Makes it easy.

Edited by LackTheCache

I don't think I've ever seen a painted up ammo can. Most of my 'found' caches are of that style, and they are all the typical olive drab standard color. A little bit of paint like this would surely add a shade bit of challenge to some of them.

I have run across painted stages to a multi (one I did last weekend used painted drink bottles), but they were just a solid color, which made them REALLY obvious. Again, some better painted camo like this would have added a little something to them.

I don't think I've ever seen a painted up ammo can. Most of my 'found' caches are of that style, and they are all the typical olive drab standard color. A little bit of paint like this would surely add a shade bit of challenge to some of them.

I have run across painted stages to a multi (one I did last weekend used painted drink bottles), but they were just a solid color, which made them REALLY obvious. Again, some better painted camo like this would have added a little something to them.

Well now. Aren't the cachers in your area going to be pleasantly surprised when you start hiding nicely cammoed ammo cans for them to find?

Swank. Kudos. Mozzletoff. Seriously, good job.

Hey, I just noticed that you were a few caches away from me this last Saturday. You picked up a geocoin that I dropped off too. Coolio.

I was up on Wade Mountain. We didnt hit as many caches as we wanted but did get a few. Yes I dropped off a travel bug and picked one up.

I need to find a good place for this ammo can but first im going to go get some good swag to put in. All military stuff , kind of a theme i guess.

lackthecache

I can't help on the hiding place but some frag and incendiary grenades would be nice for swag. :D

Just kidding guys. Don't get your panties in a wad.