Spam to my geocaching email address

tavernspite

My email address registered here is geocaching@my_domain.tld. This email address is only registered here, hidden from all, and not revealed on the rare occasion I contact other members. Yesterday I received a spam email from OMGPOP promoting LetterBlox online game. The only thing I've done recently is re enabled the weekly newsletter. Please explain.

If any user went to your profile page and sent you an e-mail, wouldn't it go to that address?

I suppose people can spam you from there, but they get a warning

We respect the privacy of our users. As a result, we allow you the ability to email other accounts through online forms without exposing your email address. In order to reduce abuse, there are a limited number of emails you can send per session, and your IP address will be sent to the recipient along with your message. Commercial emails are not allowed through this tool.

If you find you've been spammed in that manner you can complain. Perhaps someone can find the link for me.

~erik~

This may or may not be the answer you seek:

If you have received a message sent via the utility for emailing a user, please document the issue in an email to contact@geocaching.com and include a copy of the message received - including the headers showing that it was sent through the geocaching.com site.

I'm afraid contact@geocaching.com will have to look into your complaint, as it is beyond the scope of what can be solved in this forum discussion unless others have received the same spam and would like to chime in with additional information.

~erik~