Centralia/Chehalis Cache Machine

travisl

The final route is posted. Here you go!

BrewerMD, I saw one of your new caches in the area -- A Craftea Hide -- but it's too far off of the route for us to get. Sorry :rolleyes: If you've got more coming, post them here and I'll announce them at Friday dinner.

To anyone who's interested: Differences between this route and the previous draft are minimal. I removed GC1KT73 (Crossing the Jordan) due to reports of an armed grumpy neighbor, and added a new stop #2, GC22504 (End of the Pavement).

Also, FYI, I've sent e-mails to the Chehalis Police Department, the Centralia Police Department, and the Lewis County Sheriff's Office, giving them a heads up that we might be spotted lurking in unusual places on Saturday.

See you all this weekend!

Edited by travisl
Do you have a Streets and Trips file that you might be willing to share?

I'd be happy to, if I could find somewhere to host it. My previous host for files and I departed ways. Google Docs won't host .est or .zip files, and photo hosting sites won't either.

I've no idea if this will work, but I found Rapidshare via a Google search. This might only work 10 times, if at all: ((--deleted failing link--))

Edit: try this instead: Chehalis.zip

Edited by travisl

Still trying to get the day off of work for this...looking for someone to ride along with

easy fix a quick call to the boss with a H1N1 cough

Ok, so its official..I got the day off and am able to go..

anyone got an extra seat? I can bring snacks and drinks and maybe spring for coffee

Where is dinner on Friday night? I must have missed something, I only saw a dinner on Saturday after the cacheing.

I am coming down tomorrow and will be adding to the fun for the 2nd (if you so desire and if they get published in time).
Excellent. If they get published by Monday morning, they'll make it onto the route (if they're 3.5/3.5 or less, traditional, and don't have hikes of more than 0.25 miles involved). If they get published after then, let me know and I'll announce them at dinner on Friday.

Where is dinner on Friday night? I must have missed something, I only saw a dinner on Saturday after the cacheing.

I am coming down tomorrow and will be adding to the fun for the 2nd (if you so desire and if they get published in time).
Excellent. If they get published by Monday morning, they'll make it onto the route (if they're 3.5/3.5 or less, traditional, and don't have hikes of more than 0.25 miles involved). If they get published after then, let me know and I'll announce them at dinner on Friday.

From post #1...

Is anything going on before, during, or after?

- Friday, January 1, 7:00 PM, I’ll be at an informal pre-event dinner at McMennamin’s Olympic Club Pub (kids welcome), 112 North Tower Ave, Centralia (N 46.7170, W 122.9537). Last minute route changes will be announced here. If that’s full, overflow will be at Azteca next door.

- Saturday, January 2, at 5:00 p.m., dinner will be at Royal Buffet, 575 North Market, Chehalis (N 46.6660, W 122.9713). I've created an event page for this dinner event.

- Sunday, you're on your own. Go get the ones you missed.

If you need somewhere to host it for the time being, I can, lemme know if that site doesn't work(it should though) and we'll get it up today

Yeah, it failed. I'm setting up something else, but it'll take 24 hours, if it works. How should I send you the file (a tiny 93 KB, zipped)?

Try this instead: Chehalis.zip or Chehalis.zip

Edited by travisl

Still trying to get the day off of work for this...looking for someone to ride along with

easy fix a quick call to the boss with a H1N1 cough

I am looking to go with someone as well, I live in bremerton! I can drive!

If you can drive then I can navigate...I am gonna head down to the area on the 1st and stay in oly at a friends house.

I might have another cacher with me...its just a maybe though

Thank you for posting. Somehow when I read the first post, I completely skimmed that part. I just read it again and it popped out.

From post #1...

Is anything going on before, during, or after?

- Friday, January 1, 7:00 PM, I’ll be at an informal pre-event dinner at McMennamin’s Olympic Club Pub (kids welcome), 112 North Tower Ave, Centralia (N 46.7170, W 122.9537). Last minute route changes will be announced here. If that’s full, overflow will be at Azteca next door.

- Saturday, January 2, at 5:00 p.m., dinner will be at Royal Buffet, 575 North Market, Chehalis (N 46.6660, W 122.9713). I've created an event page for this dinner event.

- Sunday, you're on your own. Go get the ones you missed.

OK, our car had two, then it went up to four, then too many more added on so we had to split up into two cars,

Now our car only has two in it again.

Let me know if you want to ride with others.

(best to e-mail rather than post, thanks!!)

(one woman e-mailed me while the car was full, and I cant' find her e-mail address, so if you read this, and you still would like to join us, please e-mail me again!!!)

Edited by Sol seaker
If you need somewhere to host it for the time being, I can, lemme know if that site doesn't work(it should though) and we'll get it up today

Yeah, it failed. I'm setting up something else, but it'll take 24 hours, if it works. How should I send you the file (a tiny 93 KB, zipped)?

Try this instead: Chehalis.zip or Chehalis.zip

What version of Streets and Trips are these for? I'm getting and error while trying to load them and suspect I may be using an old version.

Travis, can you post any updates & changes from the premeet dinner in this thread? We can't make it tonite, but will be there in the morning. I want to be sure to have everything in order.

Will do. I'll post them in this thread late tonight, after I get back home from dinner.

What version of Streets and Trips are these for? I'm getting and error while trying to load them and suspect I may be using an old version.

It's S&T 2009, I'm afraid.

You might check and see if there's a Save As option that lets you save in a format compatible with previous versions. I can do that in Word and Excel, e.g.

You might check and see if there's a Save As option that lets you save in a format compatible with previous versions. I can do that in Word and Excel, e.g.

No such option exists in S&T. They seem to lock you into the latest version with every update; no backwards compatibility.

I called Royal Buffet to confirm, and to warn them that there were 80 people who'd said "Will Attend." They're going to stop taking new customers at 4:00, put up a closed sign, and start seating us as we arrive. They expect us to fill the restaurant.

If you said you will attend, please attend.

I've also called Ocean Sky next door, and if Royal Buffet is full, they'll take the overflow. Don't go there first, though, as Royal Buffet's planning on our attendance.

Oh, and for reading this far, here's the latest post-final route. CCCM_late.pdf This incorporates all the changes I know about as of Friday at 2:50 PM, which will also be announced at dinner tonight. There's 3 additions (GC22AD4, GC22CYC, and GC22E9V -- thanks, BrewerMD!) and one caution about a missing log (GC1346X).

OK, our car had two, then it went up to four, then too many more added on so we had to split up into two cars,

Now our car only has two in it again.

Let me know if you want to ride with others.

(best to e-mail rather than post, thanks!!)

(one woman e-mailed me while the car was full, and I cant' find her e-mail address, so if you read this, and you still would like to join us, please e-mail me again!!!)

I sent you an email..but give me a call if you still have room or know anyone who does.

360-941-1688

More changes, for those of you who didn't make dinner:

• Remove GC1NN1A Lakeview -- it's on private property with newly posted NO TRESPASSING signs

I'd also advise against GC1HFC7 Salmon Creek Trail due to increased terrain difficulty from high water and mud and leaves. Similarly, the two earthcaches on the route, GC1WK4H Agates from Louwala Clough and GC1VJ26 Poop Creek will also be much more difficult due to high running water. I plan to skip all three of these myself.

See y'all tomorrow morning!

Just got back home last night.

Great event!

Thanks to everyone who attended and made the CCCM a great success!

(Oh, and I attempted the Agates Earthcache on Sunday. Yes, the water was too high to get to the GZ. Tried a bit of digging about 250 feet away but didn't find anything. Will have to return in late summer when the water is low to try again)

Edited by Fuzzywhip